Weapons

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Davor

Weapons

Post by Davor » Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:48 pm

Can we get a weapons overhaul? I know no one has time and if that's so, the easiest way to fix our current weapon situation is to down all 2h longblades across the board so they suck just as much as every other class. I know, great idea. Make jagged 11 lbs down the ob. Scimitar 10 lbs. I&G 7lbs. Boom. People will seek alternatives. I'm no genius or master of game economics but I gather people will start smobbing more for those alternatives instead of hitting the same smob that loads the same over powered long blade. Seriously saving pracs, best ob, best damage, best weight. Why is it taking so long?

Can I have a prac reset on my alts too, I want to prac anything but long blades.

Spanks.

Elysia

Re: Weapons

Post by Elysia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:15 am

I'm sorry, I'm going to shut you down right there.

All my time is going into answering tells, mails, bug fixing and helping along the training of a few new imms. You'll just have to make do until such a time where I/we have trained these new imms to such a level that they can take some of the workload and we actually have time to do extra things again.

A normal imm workload used to be 4 clans, right now 3 are attemping to cover about 40 clans. Thank god some of them are largely inactive.

Vivienne

Re: Weapons

Post by Vivienne » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:44 am

Also, several years ago a team of four Immortals, headed up by Bedryn, rebalanced every weapon in the game based upon D&D stats. It took three months to not only get it evened out on paper but also make physical changes in the game. When someone suggests something like this it is huge in scope. We don't like to just hit one or two weapons - that's fairly half-assed and creates further problems down the line.

For a prac reset, you can either die a few times to trigger one in game, or you can watch the Facebook page for when Elysia or I announce we're giving them out for free. We like to share the wealth with those. :)