contraband and the black market

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Harun

Re: contraband and the black market

Post by Harun » Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:12 pm

I think to get to workable contraband system, you'd also need to have a competitive economy. I liked the addition of KMG, because it felt like a distinctly different way to approach the game. The main problem I think it ran into is that it's uncompetitive and, to a large extent, not built around interaction with other players.

I think that could be fixed by breaking up Lugard Market Hall and spreading the mobs across different cities. That would create interaction between merchants and the local justice clans, who could set rates. For instance, 10 gc to list an item; with a tax rate for sales set by the local clan. Ideally, warrants would prevent merchants from listing items or collecting money from sales. To increase interaction, it would probably work best if taxes needed to be paid manually, and if the local clan could generate a list of who has or has not paid. This also sets up opportunities for breaking laws and for corruption! So more RP opportunities.

This would also allow clans to decide which items they want sold in their city. Fal Dara might prefer weapons, while a city like Caemlyn run by vain degenerates would be into trinks.

More work for the imms to set up something like this, but I won't pretend to know how much work or if it's even possible. And it wouldn't necessarily address the question, which is probably something that would create long-term investment rather than farming smobs to R8 and then playing alts.

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:25 pm

Harun wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 6:12 pm
I think to get to workable contraband system, you'd also need to have a competitive economy. I liked the addition of KMG, because it felt like a distinctly different way to approach the game. The main problem I think it ran into is that it's uncompetitive and, to a large extent, not built around interaction with other players.
Suddenly you think a centralized economy is a bad idea?!

Ric

Post by Ric » Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:44 am

Centralized?! How about we move to decentralization? Banks can lose your money, imagine if we all went to andor and tried to withdraw at once?!? Do they have enough crowns to cover it all? Doubtful, it's all probably lost to fund Adael's gambling addiction! Not in your pack, then they are not your crowns!

I offer a elegant solution, a decentralized token that is backed by tolls collected for crossing the whitebridge. I have recently acquired rights to payment and will be raising prices! Just pay me 200 crowns and I will give you a token! It's value will only increase as more tolls are collected. It's your chance to share in the revenue stream. As token prices increase you can continue to trade and make a profit! What could possibly go wrong? Remember if your crowns aren't in your pack, they aren't your crowns! These safety stored tokens prevent risk of thinks like the bank not having enough money as you can sell direct to other players!

Zarth

Post by Zarth » Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:51 am

I heard that Ric has shoes that cost more than your house! You should trust him with your funds.

Ric

Post by Ric » Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:18 pm

Warhorse riding, profit guiding! Woo!

The token will be called WB TOKEN. Acquiring these tokens may not just be tied to Whitebridge tolls but also may aide you in your attempt to join the ranks for the wolfbrothers. Because of this unique opportunity you should buy now, pricing has moved up to 500 gold crowns per token. Just think if you had bought at 200 crowns you would have made 300 crowns already. Act fast before the price soars to the moon!

plando

Post by plando » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:53 am

Ric wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:18 pm
The token will be called WB TOKEN. Acquiring these tokens may not just be tied to Whitebridge tolls but also may aide you in your attempt to join the ranks for the wolfbrothers.
See elysia, this is what I'm talking about. This FOFY stuff has got to stop ok, no ones ever going to get in if there's SECRET WB TOKENS abound?!?! ;) :D jk..