global event/quest rewards

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Loret

global event/quest rewards

Post by Loret » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:12 pm

I'd like to see the staff do something super covetable, and that would be grant certain bonuses to an alt that completes a global/seasonal quest i.e the first person to find all 13 gravesites and complete it gets noHunger on that char.. or NightVision. Doesn't matter what clan/unclanned.

Fun stuff. Just food for thought. can get creative as you like. Maybe there's code that black cats will assist you. Who knows, get spooky with it. Would be really neat to progress your char and get something that lasts.

Loret

Re: global event/quest rewards

Post by Loret » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:47 pm

as a disclaimer i've never won any global or even seasonal quest. Largely this would benefit others.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:12 pm

I think it is a cool idea but you've already touched on what my concern would be: that the people winning would be the ones that are already very advantaged. If the bonuses were aesthetic-only somehow or were more widely accessible then I think that would be pretty good.

Prykor

Post by Prykor » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:25 pm

loret wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:12 pm
I'd like to see the staff do something super covetable, and that would be grant certain bonuses to an alt that completes a global/seasonal quest i.e the first person to find all 13 gravesites and complete it gets noHunger on that char.. or NightVision. Doesn't matter what clan/unclanned.

Fun stuff. Just food for thought. can get creative as you like. Maybe there's code that black cats will assist you. Who knows, get spooky with it. Would be really neat to progress your char and get something that lasts.
I think permenant character buffs are likely off the table, but temporary ones might not be.

I would like to add a recommendation for Itesh's coding queue: some code that would allow imms to give temporary buffs to characters to allow that sort of thing -- 120 days of no-hunger/thirst (combined with unlimited ale/wine drinking capacity, as long as you can get the mug to your mouth), fancier things like dark vision or constant 'cure-X' status based on an event that had a lot of X (or example....events with pumpkins that poison give a thematic constant cure-poison) for the character's next 5 deaths

Sarinda

Post by Sarinda » Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:34 pm

I would love to see more in game ter’angreal to provide these effects. They are a perfectly RP appropriate way to provide these same benefits, and you could kill someone to take them for yourself. Plus you could release them without saying what they do, and let the exploring types experiment and figure out how they work.

Prykor

Post by Prykor » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:17 pm

Sarinda wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:34 pm
I would love to see more in game ter’angreal to provide these effects. They are a perfectly RP appropriate way to provide these same benefits, and you could kill someone to take them for yourself. Plus you could release them without saying what they do, and let the exploring types experiment and figure out how they work.

Isn't the Tower position on all angreal and ter'angreal that they are property of the Tower and all who refuse to turn them over get warranted?

Or have things changed since then?

Sarinda

Post by Sarinda » Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:24 pm

Prykor wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:17 pm
Sarinda wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 6:34 pm

Isn't the Tower position on all angreal and ter'angreal that they are property of the Tower and all who refuse to turn them over get warranted?

Or have things changed since then?
ICly, yes, that is still the Tower's stance. There are plenty of examples in the books of items of the Power not being given to the Tower even when openly known, and there are plenty of situations in WoTMUD in which someone could use these without the Tower finding out. But I'm all for the opportunity for conflict and roleplay opportunities there.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:29 am

I like that a lot.

Loret

Post by Loret » Mon Oct 31, 2022 12:32 pm

so here are some examples that could be perma or maybe for a year, whatever you end up choosing (staff's choice obviously):

1. rare mount retool
2. no hunger/no thirst
3. night vision
4. unique weapon retool (the ability to retool a unique into a uniquely named version of itself, stats stay the same)
5. rare weapon retool (the ability to retool a rare into a uniquely named version of itself, stats stay the same)
6. lantern retool (could be a glowing shard of crystal or something)
7. low level animals follow you on command like bees do (cats, puppies, birds, deer)
8. unique pet retools (base would be a puppy but could be named something else of staff's choosing or players depending on the flexibility)
9. unique armor retool (player would get to pick one piece of armor to retool presumably at a mob given they have the correct flag to do so)

I don't know. I'm sure others could come up with cool things. They don't have to be over the top pvp related but, they do give people something to strive for or work for. Maybe if you participate in a global quest, and your group wins.. you all get retoolable pets turned on for your alts or something haha

Ric

Post by Ric » Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:06 am

10. Custom entrance music for when you enter a city or run into pk
11. Custom big gold belt
12. Custom feathered robe
13. Custom attack(Chop)
14. Custom message on death(walks unevenly before flopping face down)
15. Custom patrol(4 horsemen?!?)

WOOOOO!