PSA: Shadow PK is bad

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Atkins

PSA: Shadow PK is bad

Post by Atkins » Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:34 pm

This seems to have become very prominent during my playtimes. I'm not sure what is really driving it, maybe just more reliable chance at qps?
If you are the person who only nars when your 1v1 is over and someone RIP this is for you (or never if you are the one who rips). You are contributing to the dead atmosphere.
This does not mean you are obligated to scurry to gank a solo enemy, but it does mean that you should encourage other people to get involved where possible.

Prykor

Re: PSA: Shadow PK is bad

Post by Prykor » Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:33 pm

The problem is more the lack of numbers combined with relatively sudden overhwelming numbers on one side.

On DS, people will usually respect your request to 1v1 when there's just one puke in orch. Several will go block a choke (ensure a kill!), occasionally you will get somebody who blocks YOU in (win or die, no running! you called the 1v1 now fight to the death!)

I've heard mixed things (many second hand) about people failing to respect those requests on LS, to the point where people stop narring so that they can enjoy their 1v1 without interuptions.

if you check the who list and see 18+ on LS, and 7+ on DS, I completely understand where you are coming from.
When it's <7 on LS, and <3 on DS... the 2nd person showing up at full hp means the person almost always runs into a city, and by the time the low hp attacker heals up enough to bother hitting inside the city, the target healed up to the point where it's no longer viable (assuming they didn't log or otherwise leave).

While on LS, the "could use some more pkers up north" may get a few people alting over to join pk, you don't really get that on DS (though OOC methods exist for both and are generally more effective overall).

Rig

Post by Rig » Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:51 pm

I notice this more often on LS, where I’ll usually not say anything because there’s 10 stat bots on and it’s only me and some afk Tower member. I will narrate if there’s more than one and say something like ‘on two blight’ and get no answer for a long while.

On DS if I’m on Rig I’ll ask the person I’m fighting if there are other pkers on and that they should get them to come north for pk because there’s lots of DS on, or ask them to bring others to pk if I’m alone. More bad guys to kill is always fun, and if DS isn’t busy well guarding or willing to chase past blight then I’m pretty happy.

Gretchen

Post by Gretchen » Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:45 pm

lol

Harun

Post by Harun » Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:42 pm

Yeah, my general practice is just to narrate continuously, even if I'm alone. I think it actually helps prevent the annoying one-shot ganks since it lets players on your own side know they're walking into something when they've found the enemy by other means (tracks, reports, sense, etc.)