Farewell (pt 2 and final)

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
hasp

Farewell (pt 2 and final)

Post by hasp » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 pm

I have decided I am not going to stress myself out over this game again. I put a ton of effort since I started back earlier this year taking Bul from unclanned to within 15 scalps of master. I made more friends since I started pking a ton more and thanks to everyone that helped me learn. Sorry I am slow though :) . I busted my ass to get to nearly 500 alt qps only to have this dung happen. And to be honest, whether I am cleared by Austin or not, it just is not worth the hassle.

Thanks to the Lancers for taking me in and being a great clan to be a part of. Thanks to the Gleeman for allowing the worse Gleeman to be in the host.

Thanks to the 2018/2019 *oL crew which is the most fun I have ever had.

Hopefully going forward with the playerbase as it is, more thorough investigations can be done before you alienate people. As much as I want to continue with the goals I had and will not accomplish, it is not good enough of a game to deal with this dung on.

Will be sending a wide mud mail at a later date ;)

Gretchen

Re: Farewell (pt 2 and final)

Post by Gretchen » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:43 pm

nah come on man take a bit of time and try and work this out /just play other alts
i really enjoyed playing with u recently

myzec

Post by myzec » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:47 pm

Really sorry to see you go man. You are a super nice guy that brought so much great pk up north. Really enjoyed pking against you and was rooting for you to hit master. Big loss for the game, specifically north pk.

serde

Post by serde » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:36 pm

Enjoy leaving! It’s not worth the hassle over this game
Last edited by serde on Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hieronymus

Post by Hieronymus » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:41 am

hasp wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 pm
Thanks to the Lancers for taking me in and being a great clan to be a part of.
Was really great to see you put in the effort, internalize feedback, and develop as a PKer. Think it's a testament to what you can accomplish when you focus, so while you'll be missed, Bul's always got a spot among the Lancers.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:44 am

@hasp
This is the best thing ever. I have done more getting my Audi business going in the last 2 months since I quit then I did in the last two years. Congratulations on getting your life back and best wishes!!!!

Riley

zankou

Post by zankou » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:32 pm

Congrats hasp! I wonder who the next headhunting victim will be.

Atkins

Post by Atkins » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:56 pm

Hasp,
Hope you are good man. Always seemed like a +++ for the community. Regardless of what you decide to do enjoy it. For me the ocdish grind is part of the fun. If they told me my characters were poof tomorrow i'd probably just stat a new one and start chortlesnorfling around again. Just remember why you play, if its fun do it, if it isn't roll out. Like I said, think you are a good dude. Do you.
To zankou and taziar. It is good to see you are living fulfilling lives that don't involve wotmud or trolling wotmud forums. Enjoy your freedom.
/r
Rob

isabel

Post by isabel » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:07 pm

Agree with Taziar. It's the best thing. I quit around September-ish last year after becoming mega fed up of the DF grind (and rogue class which is not my thing), plus the time sink of getting good pk.

Is unfortunate because imms try so hard to make the game better but the time sink - time is the most precious thing we have!

One of the things i replaced mud with was.music. it was really nice, very fun to focus on 7 notes instead of 7k zones, ha ha.

Also can't recommend blitz chess enough for that fun of strategic 1v1 pk, except with no time sinks at all. I stil get a kick out of having same as opponent pieces to jump into the game with, and not lik "spend z time interacting with automated stuff so you can actually play"

You were fun to play with i remember - one of the last really fun pkers before i left! Was great to see you clan in Lancers :)

Talimar

Post by Talimar » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:46 pm

I told you this would happen, now join me in the pit!