Expanded Treasurer/Clan Progression

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Elysia

Re: Expanded Treasurer/Clan Progression

Post by Elysia » Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:49 am

So I looked at Magita fort and the bandits and Elite Illian Companions are literally the same level, as are the Defenders. The Illianers' kits are different though, probably due to the city rebalancing thing. Looks like the bandits and Defender mobs need their kits looked at. Alternatively, change all of them and put glaives on them all.

EDITED 26 Apr: changed all the kits so they all load the same weapon. Had to edit a bunch of mobol to add the new kits. At least changes elsewhere will no longer affect this zone.

Draz

Post by Draz » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:47 am

Thanks Elysia

Re the script; happy to have a look at it if I can be of help. Or even happy to be an independent secondary check on things like this, if it helps. (not primary, I get you can't trust me).

Re weirdness equals stealing - I hope not!

Re checking Illian mobs - thankyou for that, I really appreciate it. Strange I got destroyed against the illian mobs.

Re bringing things up the wrong way - yes well.. I'm not good at this, but thankyou I'll keep it in mind in future.

Again - really appreciate you taking the time.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:36 pm

The script went haywire. A ton of deposits of 100 and 1000 and a rare item deposited. The math ended in 404. Yeah, no, that's not a thing. Turns out an imm wrote something down in such a way that it threw the script off. Can't trust things! Must use eyes!

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:15 pm

Mmm, so I'm going to need people's input here.

The Problem.

This consists of two parts. One being a QG asking me to do a tally for QG like a month ago, the other me doing every other clans' tallies yesterday.

With the QG tally I found that one person had withdrawn 17k from the treasurer. 68x 250, to be exact. Now, in such cases, this is usually off-set by deposits of rares, which I didn't see, so I ended up triple checking that. That took like 30 mins.

With yesterday's tally, I found that one KMG had withdrawn 120+k. 588x 250 to be exact. Now, the way this works is exactly like your trophy, or the wholist. You enter enter enter through the entries. This note went beyond what it can list in one go, e.g. "more may exist" like. So I deleted a bunch of entries and counted the remaining ones. That took 15 mins.

Between these two characters/ players, that cost me 45 minutes.

ALL the other clans' tallies cost me 45 mins combined.

That's.... excessive amounts of time spent on two individuals that could be spent elsewhere.

Potential Solutions.

So I have limited options.

Yes, I can make a separate log for withdrawals, but since timing is also important I need to run the current log and the withdrawal log side by side, which just doubles up the entries that need deleting. All it does is make the regular clans' tallies a bit easier. The excessive cases going to remain excessive, because of the math and limited storage space.

So, I'm thinking maybe there need to be restriction on the frequency of withdrawals. The withdrawing was designed so someone who has a bad run can withdraw enough money to hone/harden, not for depositing rares and withdrawing the cash. Or simply withdrawing huge amounts for whatever reason. I'm leery to make the amount people can withdraw higher, because then it makes it easier to clear out a clan's stash and... well... that would be bad.

Perhaps the withdrawals need to be once per repop?
Or cost 200 hps and only allow withdrawing once full hps?
Ban the turning in rares and withdrawing them as cash altogether?
A 10% fee on rare deposits/ withdrawals (which would mean more math, so more work in a way)?
Something else?

It seems almost political to present an almost live example of excessive feature use, especially after I mentioned excessive behavior in the other thread, but... here we are. :?

Prykor

Post by Prykor » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:21 pm

Elysia wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:15 pm
So, I'm thinking maybe there need to be restriction on the frequency of withdrawals. The withdrawing was designed so someone who has a bad run can withdraw enough money to hone/harden, not for depositing rares and withdrawing the cash.
So that's where all of the heron greatswords from the Xmas event disappeared to......

any rare that leaves the game through means other than jcuff crafting new pristine rares is a net loss for us small folk that rarely get the chance to use them or see them in action, imho.

The discussion of keeping rares "rare" and a healthy environment where rares are actually rare is probably better suited for a separate discussion all together. I don't like the idea of rares being better used as clan bank coin than being used,
Elysia wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:15 pm
I'm leery to make the amount people can withdraw higher, because then it makes it easier to clear out a clan's stash and... well... that would be bad.
I'd recommend daily withdraw transaction limits (2 per boot per char perhaps) combined with amount limits that increase with higher ranks, with the amount either absurdly high or unlimited for masters and above.
If a clan has to worry about their masters or higher ranked folks stealing from the clan....there are larger issues at hand.

Thore

Post by Thore » Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:32 pm

I know you mentioned why, but do we really need the ability to withdraw? Gold is not particularly hard to come by right now and treasurer should be deposit only, and withdraw just for things from the perks list. IMO.

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:17 am

Thore wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:32 pm
I know you mentioned why, but do we really need the ability to withdraw? Gold is not particularly hard to come by right now and treasurer should be deposit only, and withdraw just for things from the perks list. IMO.
I agree that treasurer should be no withdrawal.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:17 am

Add free honing to the perks you can buy for reasonable price!

Vannor

Post by Vannor » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:05 am

Yeah I'm also in favour of canning the withdrawal function, and detritus provides a great suggestion to solve why it was added in the first place lol

myzec

Post by myzec » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:44 am

The feature does not seem worth the time imho. I would remove the withdrawal feature and add honing as an option up for purchase for 20k gold. Hopefully you can use the R8 code as a base.