Are players leaving?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Kryyg

Re: Are players leaving?

Post by Kryyg » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:03 pm

zankou wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 1:42 pm
I think the complaining about wbs came to fruition when they started running around in big groups just running circles around everyone else, while yelling and insulting and generally being jerks to the “slow and less competent “ enemy. I’ve played for a long time and never cared that wbs were heavily bonused. I still don’t. The attitude that “were better than you so were going to insult you” is what I’ve had main issue with. That and when I was running thru the horrible remort tasks, I’d ask for a group for things and someone with a wb alt would immediately log off, then a group of wbs would hit me and my group on that task. Just a bad taste in my mouth with certain wbs. Water under the bridge.
This is so strange to read. I never experienced WB even talking much. Maybe it's the newer batch? Strange.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:19 pm

zankou wrote:
I think the complaining about wbs came to fruition when they started running around in big groups just running circles around everyone else, while yelling and insulting and generally being jerks to the “slow and less competent “ enemy. I’ve played for a long time and never cared that wbs were heavily bonused. I still don’t. The attitude that “were better than you so were going to insult you” is what I’ve had main issue with. That and when I was running thru the horrible remort tasks, I’d ask for a group for things and someone with a wb alt would immediately log off, then a group of wbs would hit me and my group on that task. Just a bad taste in my mouth with certain wbs. Water under the bridge.
This is why PK with Seanchan is non-existent BTW. It's not fun to talk to your enemies. The first time I PK'd Seanchan since I've been back I immediately got a tell asking for return. Old SS PK was also pretty terrible sometimes when you hit stalemates where neither side could hit and the toxicity started, but at least you didn't have to share a who list or narrates with them.

I played when you could log on to SS and have one or two people online. Maybe it's better this way. I couldn't say.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:37 pm

Shinobi wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:19 pm
zankou wrote:
This is why PK with Seanchan is non-existent BTW. It's not fun to talk to your enemies. The first time I PK'd Seanchan since I've been back I immediately got a tell asking for return. Old SS PK was also pretty terrible sometimes when you hit stalemates where neither side could hit and the toxicity started, but at least you didn't have to share a who list or narrates with them.

I played when you could log on to SS and have one or two people online. Maybe it's better this way. I couldn't say.
SS Pk was never good. When it first started, it was the average tier/bad tier north PKers who flocked to SS. Then they killed the newer WoTMUD players of the SW (CoL and LW) and called themselves good while having 19 19 19 stats and super mounts with emote damage/flying. Come to think of it, I think the current attitude may have been spawned by the creation of SS, its a perfect recipe.

Raspen

Post by Raspen » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:50 pm

Kryyg wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:03 pm
zankou wrote:
This is so strange to read. I never experienced WB even talking much. Maybe it's the newer batch? Strange.
Think I was there for this one. Some of the folks were getting low (beat etc) and LS was out numbered but DS was staying at blight pats. Probably yells akin to get off the damn patty and stop being cowards.

More than likely the real issue was a DS player had to take a leak or alt tabbed. Maybe overthinking. Who the hell knows. I know it was frustrating because no one could do anything.

Though the idea of sitting at my computer maniacally laughing at others misfortune sounds exotic it was much more mundane. And the loud mouth of the LS side was probably drinking windex thinking it was a new cocktail.

Shinji

Post by Shinji » Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:31 am

Kryyg wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:37 pm
SS Pk was never good. When it first started, it was the average tier/bad tier north PKers who flocked to SS. Then they killed the newer WoTMUD players of the SW (CoL and LW) and called themselves good while having 19 19 19 stats and super mounts with emote damage/flying. Come to think of it, I think the current attitude may have been spawned by the creation of SS, its a perfect recipe.
Lol

zankou

Post by zankou » Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:34 am

Raspen wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:50 pm
Kryyg wrote:
zankou wrote:
Think I was there for this one. Some of the folks were getting low (beat etc) and LS was out numbered but DS was staying at blight pats. Probably yells akin to get off the damn patty and stop being cowards.

More than likely the real issue was a DS player had to take a leak or alt tabbed. Maybe overthinking. Who the hell knows. I know it was frustrating because no one could do anything.

Though the idea of sitting at my computer maniacally laughing at others misfortune sounds exotic it was much more mundane. And the loud mouth of the LS side was probably drinking windex thinking it was a new cocktail.
Please don’t play it off like it’s a 1 time thing, or biased because of the side I was playing. I’ve admitted my own involvement and guilt in the situation: I’ve also seen the insults on both sides, while fighting them and while grouped with them. I also have mudmail from one of them just saying “you suck”. But it’s not toxic at all right.

Stomp

Post by Stomp » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:09 pm

zankou wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:34 am
Raspen wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:50 pm
Kryyg wrote:

Please don’t play it off like it’s a 1 time thing, or biased because of the side I was playing. I’ve admitted my own involvement and guilt in the situation: I’ve also seen the insults on both sides, while fighting them and while grouped with them. I also have mudmail from one of them just saying “you suck”. But it’s not toxic at all right.

Who was the mudmail from? Please name and shame so imms can address the toxicity.

Raspen

Post by Raspen » Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:36 pm

If it was that constant and/or egregious just post the examples. I asked this earlier in the thread. Post the screenshots out there if folks are doing these things. Don't put tags of whole groups are doing it though if its one or two people. That's just crap. Same folks have fades when you are on LS and I bet you don't start off with f-ing fades always yelling at me ruining my game. You say player x is ruining my game experience with this example. I guarantee you will see the same behavior coming through on different alts.

And this part isn't for you at all Zankou but its like folks need a scapegoat or whipping boy for things going bad instead of addressing real issues.

Shinobi

Post by Shinobi » Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:36 pm

Kryyg wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:37 pm
Shinobi wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:19 pm
zankou wrote:

Never thought about it that way. Probably true. SW entitlement was real, is likely still real. The stat gap was insane once SS original chars got rerolls.

Gretchen

Post by Gretchen » Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:59 pm

why is it that players have to start leaving before the imms listen to us ?