QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Feneon

QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

Post by Feneon » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:00 am

Hey all,

With the amount of additions overtime there are sometimes inconsistencies that we miss, even in small areas to specific clans, and so we're looking for suggestions on QOL changes that would make your daily routines more enjoyable.

We want to be clear that I'm not looking for suggestions on adding things to improve areas, but sometimes those can coincide, however, we are looking for information on things that you feel could be adjusted.

E.g.

1. Our clan has 3 doors and all doors work differently.
2. This mob that I kill regularly loads 3 containers that all end up with different stuff in them.
3. This mob has this in response to X command and it should not. (or it should).

Generally try and consider would this improve my QOL daily and benefit others? What negative could this change have on other players?

We'll engage this topic, edit posts that get changed, and generally try and use this to provide some QOL improvements for the daily activities on this game that go autopiloted. (e.g. typing names, entering doors, etc. etc.).

Edits:
Tie heavycomboeq and lightcomboeq into comboeq
Sidona/Baerlon coach added. Say fare or instructions. Will work for SS/LS.
Byrgdoor removed, Ghar'ghael quartermaster now is WWNW of Blarg, 'Storage Area'
Alamir should now load at reboot with additional things, however, he will also now drop the extra gear he would keep in his inventory and dispose of it, but he prioritizes his best loot.
Weary merchant added to Illian 'Inside a Warehouse'
Collector LS now no_mob
Criers now only respond to job or task
FM Gates and Mayene gate now also respond to gate
Master blacksmith now confirms when you're receiving a practice reset
Fade/DL rent rooms now use knock door and 'exit, but you can knock door from inside if you've got that programmed in you.
Gaidin entrance updated, but current access unchanged. knock door / 'exit
DS can say: location, vault, or malfeasor at DL to get information on whether it's in game or not.
At statues in SH can type knock (or put skull in statues) and all rents should respond to 'exit.
Throw dice command SE of SCS. Say roll the dice now shows #s instead of words.

smackdown

Re: QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

Post by smackdown » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:21 pm

Smackdown hates Byrgdoor.
REMOVE Byrgdoor 1n blarg.

Zarth

Post by Zarth » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:22 pm

I agree with Smackdown!

langois

Post by langois » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:23 pm

Lugard market has fixed prices. Cannot buy low sell high

Adael

Post by Adael » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:45 pm

smackdown wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:21 pm
Smackdown hates Byrgdoor.
REMOVE Byrgdoor 1n blarg.
Disagree!

Ghar quartermaster is in a location where it can be, and often is (if humans happen to be doing so), killed with Blarg. Not that that’s happened too much recently, but it has been an issue in the past.
Taking away an entire clan’s ability to rekit after defending their clan head is dumb.

Quartermaster should be moved 1s Blarg with the byrgdoor (also, this door should actually be named byrgdoor please :P), and clan rent should be 2s Blarg. Should then have the spammable door 1n.

I doubt the door is necessary, but it is obnoxious that quartermaster can be killed by humans and can't be used to re-eq if they are there.
Last edited by Adael on Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kerryk

Post by Kerryk » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:45 pm

When weary merchants were stapled to the ground, they were removed from some zones outside cities. One of those cities was Illian, weary used to load outside north gate. Could we please get a weary merchant replaced inside the city?

arston

Post by arston » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:59 pm

The Alamir the horse thief smob currently doesnt load any of his % loot the first time hes killed each boot. (loads with no weapon, no trinket, no cloak, just the supple tunic/low-healed boots/tattoo that are 100% loads). Given the nature of having to come across the wandering horse thief to get the map, and unless you are playing a ton and specifically looking for it, then you arent likely to come across the horse thief again before the next boot, then there is basically 0 reason to kill it unless you are abusing loopholes to get in multiple times.

Is it possible to have him load normally after boot? or if not possible then is it possible that he gets wizkilled immediately after boot so that he loads normally the next zone pop?

Asandra

Post by Asandra » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:30 pm

All Aes Sedai can now rank Novices and Accepted, however there's no in-game way for non-sitters to learn/see the commands.
Would help if 'instruct me please' gave all Aes Sedai some info on this.

While you're at it - I think the commands differ per Ajah oddly enough, but that might just be my quirkiness with Mobol.

Raiste

Post by Raiste » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:43 pm

Militiamen can wander into the Lockshear weapon collector and interfere with DS mid-transaction. Not a big deal but seems inconsistent with the change that moved him away from other aggros.

Raiste

Post by Raiste » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:46 pm

Some guards in Fal Dara and Tar Valon engage DS off aggro pulse in contrast to 99% of mobs in the game. If it's intended, does it cost extra overhead in the gameloop? Given the Tower's been fortified, could see removing the feature from TV at least.