QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Feneon

Re: QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

Post by Feneon » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:34 pm

Asandra wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:30 pm
All Aes Sedai can now rank Novices and Accepted, however there's no in-game way for non-sitters to learn/see the commands.
Would help if 'instruct me please' gave all Aes Sedai some info on this.

While you're at it - I think the commands differ per Ajah oddly enough, but that might just be my quirkiness with Mobol.
I think this is a larger project. It would be nice if across the board all clan mobs responded to the word 'instructions' rather than some variation of it. If someone has these instructions or you know the post to reference then DM me that and I'll look to add information around.

Prykor

Post by Prykor » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:25 pm

I feel that this is going to be a lengthly list overall.
The ones I'm posting are going to be along the lines of:
improve QoL by reducing jank, most of the mobol activated mobs and commands are generally NOT intuitive, incredibly specific to wording/language, and generally very little IC method to figuring it out or learn about it in a way that doesn't require another player taking some time to explain it or feel like pulling up a help menu (say buying, say selling, say help, say list, etc.)

Jump exits are a good place to start, updating room descriptions to make it more obvious which rooms have the mobol attached to them vice attempting a "jump out" in various rooms and hoping for the best. Perhaps expanding it to include additional keyword chunks "jump off", "jump over", etc to trigger it. I think some of the mobol works differently in different cities, so some standardization in how they work and when they take effect, when you can jump, and some level of qualitative indication of how much damage you will take (a 30+ fall will hurt a lot more than a 12 ft fall off the side of a tower/wall/etc) would be helpful.

For the Trolloc hunter/war "dismember corpse" mobol that applies to certain corpses in certain areas, but not others, is hugely unintuitive. The statement you need to say for the cook to give you a hint on where they are isn't something that one (at least, not me) could figure out from room/mob descriptions. Many of the links to forum posts to the explanations of the returning player post are broken links which doesn't help things.

For Luggard, there is a lot of mobol that would be better served as a sign in the room vice a series of mobol talk that interupts/breaks/prevents other mobol going on with the mob or in the room. Keywords, prices, and buying/selling that don't change should just be on the sign, and leave the mobol to dealing with the currency and follow-on actions... but this is one thing that I was able to figure out on my own from the room descriptions and posted sign/posters alone, so great job on that front!

The master blacksmith's reprac functionality could definately use a touch of QoL, better explanation of the level reqs (no re-prac below lvl 15, even though the language from his help doesn't include that piece of information), and perhaps some sort of feedback so you aren't twiddling your thumbs and half way through a pray for help before "the guardian has reset your pracs" shows up. something that the blacksmith could do immediately to let you know the mobol piece started (similar to broker putting coins in backpack and then asking what you want). The LAN policy stuff could probably get removed and put in a more appropriate place (such as help LAN or something), and 2/3 of it will still come at you as words from the abyss if somebody starts the master blacksmith's mobol talk even after leaving the room.

While not mobol, one QOL function that I would *really* like to see added is list XXX where XXX is a keyword in shops and storage. such that list horseeq will show ONLY 1.horseeq, 2., 3., etc. from the list (and the associated item # for storage lists). Instead of sorthing through a list of 200 items, or buying 5 extra items from the shop due to not knowing all keywords of all items listed to get the thing I'm looking for....an easier way to go about it.

Alexis

Post by Alexis » Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:59 pm

I would love if town criers had slightly more specific language triggers! I can’t count how many times I have inadvertently triggered the crier without realizing it by saying the word “question.” Maybe make it “quest please” or only work on “task” instead of quest and all of its variants?

Great idea. Just changed it to task or job instead of quest. Let me know if you run into areas where it is suggested to do them and not available. Or where the jobs don't work.

Thore

Post by Thore » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:30 pm

Does scalp turn in at clan mobs serve an additional purpose than the clerks? If not, either remove turn in at clan mobs or match the rewards of the clerk. #GetRidOfFeelBads #IWantMyTwoQPsBack

Aria

Post by Aria » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:37 pm

There should be a standardized style guide for all mobol activations. The current problem is a heterogenous and not always an intuitive understanding of which mobs will respond to commands, and the specific commands vary based on whatever specific builder is doing at the time.

Visual cue on mobs that respond to mobol. So it may just be a no-rent red scarf or wristband that they wear, so it can be very obvious just by looking this this is something that can be interacted with.

A standard guideline on wording and command activation that builders should be using, and also available to the players so they don't have to remember for example when someone is "issue tasks", "instructions", "instruct me", "tasks" or "help" or whatever word combination the builder decided for that particular mob.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:50 pm

Aria wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:37 pm
There should be a standardized style guide for all mobol activations. The current problem is a heterogenous and not always an intuitive understanding of which mobs will respond to commands, and the specific commands vary based on whatever specific builder is doing at the time.

Visual cue on mobs that respond to mobol. So it may just be a no-rent red scarf or wristband that they wear, so it can be very obvious just by looking this this is something that can be interacted with.

A standard guideline on wording and command activation that builders should be using, and also available to the players so they don't have to remember for example when someone is "issue tasks", "instructions", "instruct me", "tasks" or "help" or whatever word combination the builder decided for that particular mob.
We've already been doing that, but doing that to all mobs is going to take years. The command we've been using has been 'help commands', because just 'help' would trigger too often in normal conversation.

Feneon

Post by Feneon » Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:16 pm

Yeah, while it would be nice to backtrack rules over all builds, we're really looking for: I experience this regularly and it would be a slight change that would improve my experience regularly.

Kokusho

Post by Kokusho » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:31 pm

I know this is about mobol, but this might qualify b/c of down stream mobol checks. It would be nice if same side pk didn't lock you into 15 minutes of no quit. It's easier for them to find you with where, and they get longer to track you down. I haven't died to same side pk in like 20 years, but I've been inconvenienced by it a lot :P

To be slightly more specific, lots of things can't be used with no quit and you can't rent.

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:28 am

Wotmud imms pre-2022: No
Wotmud imms 2022: give us work for another 200 years

Ghast

Post by Ghast » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:11 am

Have all city gates respond to "gate" in addition to whatever the door name is called. Most already do, and I've been praying in game when I find them, but I know that Far Madding gates still don't respond (and possibly Mayene gate?)

Makes sense. if you run into more let me know.