QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Detritus

Re: QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

Post by Detritus » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:14 am

This may seem like a stupid thing but you added that gear rekit to guardian/circle.

The gear responds to basicGEAR
when everything else in game is geartypeEQ

Thore

Post by Thore » Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:14 am

Detritus wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:14 am
This may seem like a stupid thing but you added that gear rekit to guardian/circle.

Perhaps it should also respond to "rekit".

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:32 pm

Please simplify the various comboEQ keywords down into a single COMBOeq like DODGEeq and ABSeq and PARRYeq. There are two reasons I think that justify the change:
1) if any combo equipment gets changed stats wise you have to adjust the keyword as well. And since...
2) combo is subjective, and not all players utilize the "sets" the same. A single keyword would help to remove all equipment and mend easier.

Feneon

Post by Feneon » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:43 pm

Thore wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:14 am
Detritus wrote:

basiceq is also something that a lot of pieces of gear respond to and since these are all very low quality and cost items (but you can sell them for 1 copper) then I thought basicgear would make it easiest to different. Will add rekiteq though.

Thore

Post by Thore » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:20 pm

Feneon wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:43 pm
Thore wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:14 am
Detritus wrote:

basiceq is also something that a lot of pieces of gear respond to and since these are all very low quality and cost items (but you can sell them for 1 copper) then I thought basicgear would make it easiest to different. Will add rekiteq though.
Cool I like it.

Frey

Post by Frey » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:14 pm

arston wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:59 pm
The Alamir the horse thief smob currently doesnt load any of his % loot the first time hes killed each boot. (loads with no weapon, no trinket, no cloak, just the supple tunic/low-healed boots/tattoo that are 100% loads). Given the nature of having to come across the wandering horse thief to get the map, and unless you are playing a ton and specifically looking for it, then you arent likely to come across the horse thief again before the next boot, then there is basically 0 reason to kill it unless you are abusing loopholes to get in multiple times.

Is it possible to have him load normally after boot? or if not possible then is it possible that he gets wizkilled immediately after boot so that he loads normally the next zone pop?
To add to this, one massive improvement would be tightening up the area the bandit mob that loads the map can wander. Right now I think it can be a whole bunch of zones, from north of caem, south, west, four kings, south of four kings, to west of whitebridge? And he's no loc. I'm ok with him not being locable, but if he was confined to only 4k or something like that, it would be a huge huge improvement.

Frey

Post by Frey » Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:18 pm

Prykor wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:25 pm
I feel that this is going to be a lengthly list overall.
The ones I'm posting are going to be along the lines of:
improve QoL by reducing jank, most of the mobol activated mobs and commands are generally NOT intuitive, incredibly specific to wording/language, and generally very little IC method to figuring it out or learn about it in a way that doesn't require another player taking some time to explain it or feel like pulling up a help menu (say buying, say selling, say help, say list, etc.)
I also wanted to add to this as well... instead of adding more mobol to make guessing the syntax/activation type of mobol easier, what about adding signs in room descriptions that could be looked at to explain how to activate basic stuff in that room? Some things wander and so that won't work, but blacksmith signs that list all the things they can do and for what amounts seems like it would be a lot easier than trying to figure it out from the mob.

Just as an example, and would reduce the need for mobol.

Thore

Post by Thore » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:40 pm

Have suggested the signs a few times. Forgot why it got shot down.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:09 pm

Feneon wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:16 pm
Yeah, while it would be nice to backtrack rules over all builds, we're really looking for: I experience this regularly and it would be a slight change that would improve my experience regularly.
Idk how minor this would be but it would be nice if RP retools such as the 'silver etched shield' -> 'an etched shield emblazoned with a white teardrop' didn't reset on rent.

Unless that is intended in which case ignore me!
The Alamir the horse thief smob currently doesnt load any of his % loot the first time hes killed each boot. (loads with no weapon, no trinket, no cloak, just the supple tunic/low-healed boots/tattoo that are 100% loads). Given the nature of having to come across the wandering horse thief to get the map, and unless you are playing a ton and specifically looking for it, then you arent likely to come across the horse thief again before the next boot, then there is basically 0 reason to kill it unless you are abusing loopholes to get in multiple times.

Is it possible to have him load normally after boot? or if not possible then is it possible that he gets wizkilled immediately after boot so that he loads normally the next zone pop?
To add to this, one massive improvement would be tightening up the area the bandit mob that loads the map can wander. Right now I think it can be a whole bunch of zones, from north of caem, south, west, four kings, south of four kings, to west of whitebridge? And he's no loc. I'm ok with him not being locable, but if he was confined to only 4k or something like that, it would be a huge huge improvement.
+1 to these also. Alamir is a cool smob that I often ignore because I don't have the time/inclination to hunt down the bandit with the map. Maybe he can load alongside some of the bandit mini-smobs (bandits S of Lugard, or the shack W of Whitebridge) vs wandering around? Confining to 4k might be too easy.

Alexis

Post by Alexis » Mon Mar 28, 2022 2:17 pm

I don’t know if this already exists, but would love if there is a way to tell if a weapon is hardened or honed other than the master blacksmith to immediately start working on it when you give him the weapon. Would love to be able to “show (weapon)” or give weapon to the blacksmith and say “harden weapon” and have him give it back if that service is already done.

If there is already a way to do this, please let me know! ;)