QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rhys

Re: QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

Post by Rhys » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:17 pm

Coach tickets for sale in EF would be great.

vhalerie

Post by vhalerie » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:42 pm

Walker wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:37 pm
How about making potato, carrot, peppers, etc respond to 'vegetable'? And blackberries, apples, etc respond to 'fruit'?
ah, but what would we do with tomatoes?

Walker

Post by Walker » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:31 am

vhalerie wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:42 pm
Walker wrote:
How about making potato, carrot, peppers, etc respond to 'vegetable'? And blackberries, apples, etc respond to 'fruit'?
They could respond to 'berry' but neither 'fruit' nor vegetable' -- or fruit AND vegetable?!

Sarinda

Post by Sarinda » Mon Jan 29, 2024 8:34 am

vhalerie wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:42 pm
Walker wrote:
These are the important kind of questions that we consult the White Ajah about! ;)

Carter

Post by Carter » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:53 pm

not mobol, but "ignore mob" command would be great for the mobs that now spam globals during pk

or get a bargle to send tell to other bargles, to zone echo in multiple zones (gateguard in new ctf fortress can zone echo to southlands and ruined keep/tkd)

Feneon

Post by Feneon » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:52 pm

Carter wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:53 pm
not mobol, but "ignore mob" command would be great for the mobs that now spam globals during pk

or get a bargle to send tell to other bargles, to zone echo in multiple zones (gateguard in new ctf fortress can zone echo to southlands and ruined keep/tkd)
Will adjust gateguard to be less spammy when I have a chance! Have noticed it can be / has been quite annoying.

Sanguine

Post by Sanguine » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:05 pm

Carter wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:53 pm

Yeah stinks to have to #GAG this kind of stuff in CMUD.

Feneon

Post by Feneon » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:40 pm

Let me know if that change is much better. I'll try to clean it up throughout this week to be more immersive than the current statements though.

Amarea

Post by Amarea » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:32 pm

This is a small thing, but could we please either move grim storyteller at Coulin in Tar Valon to another room, or change keyword on "help" to something else? The number of times I have accidentally triggered him even just today is...very high. :oops:

Draz

Post by Draz » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:41 pm

Just a thought; is it possible to limit numbers on replicating mobs?
oh - or make it so ! weapon or ethereal mobs can automatically hit ethereal mobs
I gather we haven't had a freeze around this in a while

Is there any point (or way of) staggering when mob movements, checks etc. go off? I believe some zones don't seem to trigger until someone enters the zone or changes something - or do that if no-one enters the zone in an entire pop.

Is there any way to measure how much checks 'after' triggering mobol lags the game? does it achieve anything significant? (the obvious example here is jumping out of cities - oh no you could jump instantly which would allow you to be in cities with impunity,.. the thing is the current checks allow this anyway.. preferencing people with good links or game knowledge. Not quite uninterruptible, but definitely not waiting for the next round to go off.