QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Feneon

Re: QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

Post by Feneon » Wed Aug 03, 2022 3:35 pm

Interesting. Did some updates.

All the tridents respond to fork.

All polearms responded to polearm except catchpole which is now updated.

Prykor

Post by Prykor » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:02 pm

An idea to improve how rent storage handles thrown weapons:

a mob that can exchange 7 throwing knives for a bundle of throwing knives. Same for throwing spikes and perhaps 5 barbed javelins for a bundle of those.
and improve the broker to buy bundles, so you aren't stuck doing the mobol on repeat 10 times to stock up on throwing knives!

make throwing set ups not require 2 full rents to keep backups of them and less painful to re-stock at the market hall would go a long way as the QOL piece of that equation is a primary reason why they are relatively seldom used.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:00 am

Prykor wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:02 pm

a mob that can exchange 7 throwing knives for a bundle of throwing knives. Same for throwing spikes and perhaps 5 barbed javelins for a bundle of those.
and improve the broker to buy bundles, so you aren't stuck doing the mobol on repeat 10 times to stock up on throwing knives!

make throwing set ups not require 2 full rents to keep backups of them and less painful to re-stock at the market hall would go a long way as the QOL piece of that equation is a primary reason why they are relatively seldom used.
I looked at that last year and found a problem with that: it'll become really easy to replace those items, since that process involves eating the ones offered and then creating new ones when the 'pouch' is turned in. And with some of the better ones breaking more easily than others, that becomes a balance issue. Mobol can't store items in the condition they were in and then produce them again.

Bogdan

Post by Bogdan » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:50 am

Foresters have to hum to get into any clan doors. The mobol to hum takes a solid 15-20 seconds before the door will open.
Even knocking to get in to or out of the clan rent is sluggish at best.
Yes, I get that there's RP for the clan and ogier take forever to do anything, but my God sometimes I just want to get in to rent.

It would be nice if river boats and oceanic ships automatically returned to their home port after an hour or so.
I love the "Call in River Lady" type mobol, and hope that something similar can be used for the others.

This last one may be coding, but if there was a way to auto-draw from a sheath on my back vs what's in my cloak (optionally change the wear order) that would be awesome.

Alexis

Post by Alexis » Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:04 am

This is probably my pettiest request, but can we please rename Remove Contagion to Cure Contagion like every other status healing weave?

Feneon

Post by Feneon » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:31 am

This is coded and you'd need to bring it to Itesh or Aureus' attention. Mobol suggestions are generally things around the

you make an input in the game
and the game says
Ok.
then the game does something.

Ashlynn

Post by Ashlynn » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:48 pm

Bogdan wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:50 am
It would be nice if river boats and oceanic ships automatically returned to their home port after an hour or so.
I love the "Call in River Lady" type mobol, and hope that something similar can be used for the others.

This last one may be coding, but if there was a way to auto-draw from a sheath on my back vs what's in my cloak (optionally change the wear order) that would be awesome.
Ditto on the boat thing. Being able to call back a ship to its home port, instead of being forced to use the auto sailing ship? That would be nice.

I put the idea about sheaths in Itesh's head awhile back. I think he might have been looking into it.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:28 pm

Bogdan wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:50 am
This is probably not possible without a huge amount of mobol, because it would have to check whether a boat is in use or not. Otherwise you can be sailing 1s Tar Valon and miraculously get poofed to Tear port on repop.

Auto-return to home port can be crappy too, because you would inevitably have people then get off a ship in Andor, the ship returns to its place, they want to board a ship again and someone happens to be on the Andoran ship. I'm not sure it would be an improvement, to be honest.

Seeing if I can expand call in mobol might be the best bet.

Lisette

Post by Lisette » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:51 pm

What about a mobol that you could initiate (by choice) as you disembark to send a ship back to somewhere like the home port? That way you can courtesy send it back somewhere but it removes the hassle of checking to see if someone is on it, etc.

Prykor

Post by Prykor » Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:24 pm

Elysia wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:00 am
Prykor wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:02 pm

I looked at that last year and found a problem with that: it'll become really easy to replace those items, since that process involves eating the ones offered and then creating new ones when the 'pouch' is turned in. And with some of the better ones breaking more easily than others, that becomes a balance issue. Mobol can't store items in the condition they were in and then produce them again.

How about a 1-way path for bundles of projectiles/javelins creation with Luggard Market Hall? Since luggard market hall items need to pass the pristine weapon check to get onto the list.
The existing mechanic for luggard's cut of the sale means that it would be less optimal (and a huge PITA with slowish mobol and delay if there isn't a large LMH stockpile) to use all projectiles once and then exchange then back and forth to keep them perma-pristine than it would be to buy new bundles of projectiles/javelins. Or, add in a bit of an extra fee to have LMH bundle them from the stockpile.

Then, weaponsmith/blacksmith apprentices able to turn them back into a stack, but only in that one direction. If you accidentally unbundle them, back to LMH!