QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Feneon

Re: QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

Post by Feneon » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:31 pm

ya that's fair. I put the throw dice SE of Seandar, but also changed the spelling to the actual numbers in the 'roll the dice. The throw command is associated with rooms and harder to do across the map.

New output with bartender:

You say 'roll the dice'

A bartender looks up from the bar and gives a wicked grin.

A bartender rolls the dice....

A bartender rolls a 1 and a 3 for Feneon!

Drybones

Post by Drybones » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:51 pm

I'm not sure if there is any reason only council in some clans can rank, or masters in some cases, or what. There isn't any check going on in the back ground. I don't see any reason why low ranks cannot rank themselves at clan heads, with exceptions perhaps for tower. I've noticed certain damane stuck seandar waiting on council to arrive for weeks. I've seen tower members do the same. It's less of a problem for other clans, but still seems a bit unnecessary at this point.

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:09 pm

Drybones wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:51 pm
I'm not sure if there is any reason only council in some clans can rank, or masters in some cases, or what. There isn't any check going on in the back ground. I don't see any reason why low ranks cannot rank themselves at clan heads, with exceptions perhaps for tower. I've noticed certain damane stuck seandar waiting on council to arrive for weeks. I've seen tower members do the same. It's less of a problem for other clans, but still seems a bit unnecessary at this point.
Just a note for Tower folks, any Sedai can rank any initiate. You don't need a Sitter to do it. Maybe different than what Drybones is saying, but basically any rank 5 can rank anyone below (excluding rank 4 to 5).

Feneon

Post by Feneon » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:13 pm

Think generally for some clans they have policies around ranks and most people want to adhere to it. For DS specifically they gain alt-qps for rankings and it's a path of least resistance through the fade process which is why we try our best not to rank DS players and suggest they seek out masters in their clan.

In other clans where its largely inactive and hard to coordinate we probably don't rank because we don't know it needs to happen. 103+ can do rankings offline and it doesn't need coordination. If you are having problems coordinating with a council person but it's been approved, a likely temporary stage would just be to send proof upwards.

Feneon

Post by Feneon » Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:43 pm

Trying Ragnor as a soloable mob.

Ragnor is now soloable by every class in theory. His minions will intercept most burst damage done to him with the intention that he is fully cleared. Absers can now bash his minions for extra damage. We'll likely adjust numbers to higher damage, but wanted to test this. We chose a non-soloable smob in hopes that it will allow more people to hit the smob and its location leads to more interaction. Post logs of experience. He will close the door at a lower rate and he will notice people trying to hide on %.

Likely this means it will be much easier for two people to do this. If you want to share experiences feel free to mail in logs.

Meren

Post by Meren » Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:25 am

Feneon wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:43 pm
Trying Ragnor as a soloable mob.

Ragnor is now soloable by every class in theory. His minions will intercept most burst damage done to him with the intention that he is fully cleared. Absers can now bash his minions for extra damage. We'll likely adjust numbers to higher damage, but wanted to test this. We chose a non-soloable smob in hopes that it will allow more people to hit the smob and its location leads to more interaction. Post logs of experience. He will close the door at a lower rate and he will notice people trying to hide on %.

Likely this means it will be much easier for two people to do this. If you want to share experiences feel free to mail in logs.
The bash mobol was quite welcome. Soloed it on a master warrior in about 3 hits, with afk heal breaks. I think a 2 man similar setup would wipe the floor with it.

Feneon

Post by Feneon » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:34 am

Yeah. In theory something like this could incentive small groups to smob together and profit off diversity, making it incrementally easier to hit with more people, but harder solo. Yet all would still be doable.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:24 pm

Feneon wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:34 am
Yeah. In theory something like this could incentive small groups to smob together and profit off diversity, making it incrementally easier to hit with more people, but harder solo. Yet all would still be doable.
There's existing code(if it didnt get removed when super buffed the smob), at murgoz smob that would add extra smuggler chiefs depending on people entering the zone/area.(including master mobs, would usually leave mine behind)

Mhaliah

Post by Mhaliah » Thu May 19, 2022 3:01 pm

I always wanted the opportunity to name my horse when i give a ticket, like you can when you buy one.

buy warhorse name

give ticket hand name

Also, I want to formally lodge a complaint that Pickles the Ramshorned Trolloc stole my horse name. Just for the record. :lol:

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu May 19, 2022 6:02 pm

Mhaliah wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 3:01 pm
I always wanted the opportunity to name my horse when i give a ticket, like you can when you buy one.

buy warhorse name

give ticket hand name

Also, I want to formally lodge a complaint that Pickles the Ramshorned Trolloc stole my horse name. Just for the record. :lol:
You can do this in 4k. It requires a separate mob, so rolling this out to every stablehand isn't tenable.