QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Meren

Re: QOL Changes on Existing Mobol

Post by Meren » Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:57 pm

toshiro wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:07 am
@ Elysia, thank you for the explaination. I was worried it might be something related to that, but I thought it was worth a shot!

On a separate note, given the recent changes to med/fblades, it would be nice if SS got a mobol town for crafting rares/exchanging dirks, paramerions, and nimbles. DS has Dark Fortress to craft safely, LS has sidona to craft somewhat safely. SS has to take their most valuable items, run up a mvs intensive zone into DS/LS territory, go into a town with LS mob support at the gate, terrible mounted flees, and a door guarding the only exit. Every time I go up the sal cal get scout reports and starts after me, or a KMG wanders by from chachin. I often have to bail on my crafting missions so I don't get trapped. We're currently discussing organized groups to help people exchange rares safely, which i feel like isn't a thing other races have to do.
Are portal stones no longer a thing? THR-IJ means you have 1-2 ticks of exposure if you move at the pace of a snail. I never felt unsafe in there.

toshiro

Post by toshiro » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:11 pm

Edit: In short, no it is not dangerous, but pstone discs are very hard to come by on SS these days so it's a bit of a time sink when you have to turn around. However, after rereading the original post, perhaps this isn't the right location for this.

Feneon

Post by Feneon » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:24 pm

toshiro wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:11 pm
Edit: In short, no it is not dangerous, but pstone discs are very hard to come by on SS these days so it's a bit of a time sink when you have to turn around. However, after rereading the original post, perhaps this isn't the right location for this.
We added a coach between Baerlon and Sidona. It will not reduce the level of risk going to Sidona carries, but it makes sense to add since Dark Side takes 0 risk to visit Dark Fortress and uses the flame to avoid any chance of encounter.

Rark

Post by Rark » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:27 am

Could be neat if a way to know if Malf was in game, similar to Lord Dremond, could be imped. I remember talking to Itesh a while back, but I forget if he actually made a way or not.

Feneon

Post by Feneon » Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:53 am

can now ask wandering DL in keep where malfeasor is and if it is in the game he'll tell you who looted it last. If it's not he'll let you know I think. We can test once it's lost.

Same text triggers: location, malfeasor, vault

Rark

Post by Rark » Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:24 pm

very nice, thanks Fen

Feneon

Post by Feneon » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:16 pm

All clan doors in SH now can be opened by typing 'knock' in the statue rooms. They should all now function with 'exit and autoclose upon entry and boot individuals to the correct room.

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:00 pm

Maybe doesn't belong here, but there are a number of Tower quests that load items in rooms that are inaccessible to novices/Accepteds. Broom, novice dress, and I think others can all load in Ajah rents/Gaidin rents.

Shinji

Post by Shinji » Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:20 pm

Could we please get a THROW DICE mobol in Seandar just like the one we love from Falme? :)

added to Kaf Kaf SE of SCS

Prykor

Post by Prykor » Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:27 pm

Shinji wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 7:20 pm
Could we please get a THROW DICE mobol in Seandar just like the one we love from Falme? :)
one step further:

standardizing the dice mobol across taverns etc. to make it like Falme's where it has "xxx rolls a D6 and a D6" vice the dice rolls coming out of nowhere that gets really confusing when multiple people attempt to do it at the same time, or even not allowing multiple people to roll at the same time.

....or having a pair of dice in the room, and looking at the dice tells you a command that doesn't exisit for those dice in that room