The Law

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Feneon

Re: The Law

Post by Feneon » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:20 am

This wasn't posted on Tales of Light because it would be removed immediately for having OOC information, though it is essentially a Tales of Light post.

It is important to remember, though, that RP dictates punishments, and that different breaches of RP require different punishments.

Clan forum information by any parties is not posted to be shared with friends.

When WoTMUD was originally created this flag was added to the male channeler class as a precursor to expectations:

EXPERIENCED PLAYERS ONLY! YOU WILL BE HUNTED!

The modern MC has not had the same level of treatment that the player should expect and existing clans should be willing to RP.

suern

Post by suern » Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:42 am

Stomp wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:03 am
jafra wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:55 am
Suern ... engaged me then waited 15 mins for no quit to be gone logged off, and 5 mins later a red sedai logged on to warrant justifying it with Suern's log.
To me this is the shittiest part of the post. Are the implications here true? -- pretty despicable if it is.
I am also TV wanted bc suern logged on to their red ajah alt and gave me a warrant

Can confirm!

https://giphy.com/gifs/cravecanada-lett ... 1BwigmOKVT

magus

Post by magus » Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:32 pm

iria wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:47 am
Logs are the best accounts we have of witnessing what happened, so you'll often have to base your IC actions on those accounts. That said, if a trolloc posts a log of X Sedai getting healed by Y MC, then nothing is going to happen. I'd recommend if you see something akin to this on your LS character, mail the Tower with a log of it and a penance will likely be set, or I'd assume so.
This I can absolutely agree with. RP wise sending in a log is basically the same as filing an incident report irl, but since its a game we dont want to have to deal with actually writing a bunch and coming up with words so it's totally valid to just copy paste the log and let the other players know exactly how it happened.

Just as an incident report could be lied on, a log can be changed as well, which is the whole reason that allies/clan members logs have been given more weight, because if they are found to have changed a log then it will (supposedly) have strong IC consequences. A trolloc who has no allegience to the White Tower, who is not gonna get punished by his trolloc friends for lying to an Aes Sedai, and wants to see every Aes Sedai dead, has no reason to be truthful on an incident report, and if he strolls up to the welcome desk in the White Tower to submit his log, he should be laughed at and then killed in that order.

In a related note with MC's, yes MC's should be hunted. Yes, they should have a higher expectations on them. Yes, they dont have all the same protections that everyone else does. AND FOR PRECISELY THESE REASONS there should be strong evidence that they are an MC before this happens NOT "these shady guys none of us trusts went around stabbing everyone and let us know who channeled back at them, so we are gonna take take their word and declare a death sentence on everyone he wants us to" which is how every non-murderer MC got outed that I know of.

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:03 pm

Two MCs were recently (last 8 months) warranted based on credible reports. One of those MCs, Magus, confirmed he was an MC upon accusation over narrates. The other one recently submitted for gentling, if my memory is correct. No Tower member is using alts to provoke MCs and then warranting them. The vast majority of Dragonsworn MCs were warranted during their war on Mayene, when they openly channeled on people.

I'm sorry that you feel you're being treated unfairly. I don't think anyone should be made to feel targeted or treated differently because of who they are. However, I don't think that that is what is happening here. I haven't heard anyone speak ill of you, the player of Magus, or even the character of Magus. You're just a known male channeler in a world where those characters are feared and hated. MCs should be shunned and warranted by every nation in the game as part of the basic premise of the setting.

As for mentions of Red Ajah pking with even healing MCs, please send me a mail if you see this happening. That kind of breach of rp should not be allowed by players or immortals.

magus

Post by magus » Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:19 pm

Aloisa wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:03 pm
Two MCs were recently (last 8 months) warranted based on credible reports.
Please dont downplay the numbers, or state clearly if you are making guesses. As a Red Ajah Sitter, its a reasonable assumption that you are checking actual records when you make this kind of statement, while off the top of my head i can think of at least three MC's in the last two months- Magus, Jafra, and Aleth (not sure if Stanley was already warranted), and I can check logs to get exact date and times and find a few more with a more detailed search if needed.

also heres the log of when magus was warranted which clearly shows that I narrated AFTER I was warranted, and not BECAUSE I narrated

16:02:03.666 Aloisa narrates 'the mad man Magus is a male channeler, tainted by Saidin. Avoid him at all costs,
16:02:03.666 and hunt him down if you can.'

16:02:37.258 You narrate 'you have proof of this?'

16:02:56.127 zzzzzzz narrates 'its tower. no proof needed'

16:03:31.301 yyyyyy narrates 'submit evidence before you ruin someones character.'

16:03:32.402 xxxxxxx tells you 'FYI - suern mailed log in of you weaving him'

16:03:52.199 Aloisa narrates 'We have evidence, yyyyy. It was submitted and we found it sufficient.'

16:02:57.852 Aloisa narrates 'Submit to the Tower for gentling before you go mad, Magus.'

16:04:08.167 You narrate 'all people will be needed at Tar'mon Gaidon. I will not forsake my gifts before they
16:04:08.167 are needed'

Aloisa wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 2:03 pm
I'm sorry that you feel you're being treated unfairly.
Again, I expect to be treated unfairly. I saw a recurring theme over and over again where seemingly arbitrary people are able to do whatever they want with no consequences, and other people (MC and non-MC) step the slightest toe out of line and instantly get demolished with backlash. The whole point of starting this character was to showcase it so we can get some discussion in and start fixing issues so that in ten years im not just another guy saying "I know its unfair but its the way things have always been".

What we have here is one group of murderers literally going around and stabbing dragonsworn and others to find out if they are channelers or not. Suern at the forefront but he is not the only one, and it was pointed out to me by multiple other people before I saw it for myself.

We have Aes Sedai logging on to warrant someone with information coming from an enemy of the Tower, (Im not claiming that it is an alt, it could just as easily have come from a friend on here, but IC she used a known murderer and enemy of her clan's word to issue out what is essentially a death sentence on another player.

We have another Aes Sedai seeing that warrant and choosing to break multiple laws in order to get the kill. In this case with the Red Eagles I had been resting in the square in EF when she came in and attacked (not fleeing to EF) and then upon being attacked I fled to Bandar Eban where I was killed in sight of their king. Serving a warrant is legal and acceptable, but if you break the law when doing so that changes it to murder, and using the One Power to do so.

We also have an Imm posting on the topic :
Feneon wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:20 am
This wasn't posted on Tales of Light because it would be removed immediately for having OOC information, though it is essentially a Tales of Light post.

It is important to remember, though, that RP dictates punishments, and that different breaches of RP require different punishments.

Clan forum information by any parties is not posted to be shared with friends.

When WoTMUD was originally created this flag was added to the male channeler class as a precursor to expectations:

EXPERIENCED PLAYERS ONLY! YOU WILL BE HUNTED!

The modern MC has not had the same level of treatment that the player should expect and existing clans should be willing to RP.
who is seemingly saying that all of that is ok because it was directed at an MC, but tbh im not 100% sure what they are trying to say. I do agree with their statement that RP dictates punishments (and in this case I am playing an MC I can expect to be hunted) and that different breaches of RP require different punishments (such as using OOC information to warrant someone or breaking the law while serving warrants)

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:25 pm

You got caught channeling, a report came to the Red Ajah which we viewed as credible, you were warranted. That's reasonable from an RP perspective. I kill MCs over trollocs, I accept evidence of MCs from anyone with proof. You are an MC and admitted to being an MC. If I misremembered the order of warrant and then admission, I apologize for a misrepresentation here. I don't know who Aleth or Stanley are or if they are warranted.

This seems to be about something I can't speak to and am having trouble following. If you have complaints about how you think people are treated, I would definitely encourage you to mail immortals. I just want to be clear that this is not a personal campaign against you, nor an OOC issue at all. If people feel they have been treated or targeted unfairly by the Red Ajah, please contact myself or the immortals. I'm very happy to have an OOC discussion and admit mistakes and work to remedy them.

Starvald

Post by Starvald » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:47 pm

Sounds like you outed yourself Magus in the end there, Red Ajah doing good work.

chelou

Post by chelou » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:55 pm

you got a report from a warranted man, a mass murderer, an individual in which your clan specifically does not trust. you then decided to trust him so fully that you declare to world that I am an MC and warrant me. You cannot say that the warrant was because I admitted it because I only admitted it after I already had the warrant. If he had been lying and I wasnt an MC, then you would have sentenced an innocent man to death because a murderer wanted you to.

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:58 pm

chelou wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:55 pm
you got a report from a warranted man, a mass murderer, an individual in which your clan specifically does not trust. you then decided to trust him so fully that you declare to world that I am an MC and warrant me. You cannot say that the warrant was because I admitted it because I only admitted it after I already had the warrant. If he had been lying and I wasnt an MC, then you would have sentenced an innocent man to death because a murderer wanted you to.
Yes, that's my rp. I'd take the help of anyone to get MCs. I'll kill an MC before a fade, I'll kill a damane before a trolloc, etc. Other people handle murderers and monsters, I handle those who would break the world.

magus

Post by magus » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:03 pm

thats completely besides the point. The point is that Aloisa DOESNT KNOW hes an MC, and sentenced a man to die at the word of a known criminal.