The Law

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Starvald

Re: The Law

Post by Starvald » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:08 pm

16:04:08.167 You narrate 'all people will be needed at Tar'mon Gaidon. I will not forsake my gifts before they
16:04:08.167 are needed'

You admitted it though?

magus

Post by magus » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:11 pm

Starvald wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:08 pm
16:04:08.167 You narrate 'all people will be needed at Tar'mon Gaidon. I will not forsake my gifts before they
16:04:08.167 are needed'

You admitted it though?
I was already warranted at that point

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:16 pm

Interesting topic.

Seems pretty cut and dry, you got logged using weaves on a male character, someone mailed the red Ajah because you weren’t careful about who or what you weaved on. Got warranted and attacked, rightfully so.

As far as Aloisa ‘not knowing’ you’re a male channeler, you could have taken a roleplay approach and instead of going, “har har I’m fucked now, I will never give my gifts up!” and just straight up admitting to it.

It probably could have gone something like this,

Aloisa receives log of male channeler
Aloisa submits log, deems it sufficient evidence
Aloisa alerts the Light of a tainting madman

Magus hears of this
Magus does not openly admit to channeling
Magus offers another avenue of roleplay by pointing out Suern is possibly lying as a wanted member of the white tower and a known killer of Dragonsworn

Plenty of opportunities there. I understand that in the heat of the moment we don’t take the time to sit back and think about it, but from what it looks like, you could have at the very least created an entire roleplay confrontation and made the Tower fight with each other over listening to you or Suern.

Benito

Post by Benito » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:24 pm

It’s never a good look to object when there are RP consequences for in-game decisions. That’s how RP works.

It’s also generally not a good look to tell other people how they should RP.

magus

Post by magus » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:24 pm

could have, but I had never actually had the intention of trying to hide it (or i wouldnt have picked the name magus). Hiding it didnt fit the rp I was intending to go with him, but the entire situation was so messed up I ALMOST threw away the whole character arc to fight it. The character had only been statted about 8 hours before that and was already attacked and warranted.

Starvald

Post by Starvald » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:28 pm

I cant understand what the argument even is now, going to leave it be I think.

magus

Post by magus » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:35 pm

The point is that we have a ridiculous amount of laws that vary from city to city, that are near impossible to actually find, and that depending on who breaks them or who gets targetted we either ignore those laws completely and do whatever we want, or we we scramble through those laws letter by letter to find any excuse to justify us or give a loophole.

Its perfectly fine to mess over an MC, because hes an MC, even though we dont actually know hes an MC or not until after it all happens. If you break a law when hunting an MC, then its ok nobodys gonna punish you for it because we dont like who you are going after. But if its someone you like who gets affected then the laws must be followed and theres nothing we can do.

Starvald

Post by Starvald » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:38 pm

magus wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:35 pm
The point is that we have a ridiculous amount of laws that vary from city to city, that are near impossible to actually find, and that depending on who breaks them or who gets targetted we either ignore those laws completely and do whatever we want, or we we scramble through those laws letter by letter to find any excuse to justify us or give a loophole.

Its perfectly fine to mess over an MC, because hes an MC, even though we dont actually know hes an MC or not until after it all happens. If you break a law when hunting an MC, then its ok nobodys gonna punish you for it because we dont like who you are going after. But if its someone you like who gets affected then the laws must be followed and theres nothing we can do.
So in essence, favouritism?

suern

Post by suern » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:39 pm

Bam wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:56 pm
Suern may as well be a tower member for the massive protection by people with no integrity on their tower characters.

Good luck.
I appreciate the affordable housing as I continue to live rent free in your head

magus

Post by magus » Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:56 pm

Starvald wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:38 pm
magus wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:35 pm

So in essence, favouritism?
In essence yes, though so deeply embedded that look at the number of people that immediately jumped to the good guys defense. Look at how easy it is to ignore everything that other people were doing wrong. Im not saying that I shouldnt be warranted, I'm saying that the way I got there, and the way all other rules whatsoever were thrown out the window to get there. Aloisa's actions were justified retroactively by the fact that it turned out I was an MC.

But what if it was flipped, and I had accused your alt of being an MC with a doctored log. Then you were instantly warranted in less than 20 mins, and murdered over it the very next time you played before you got it cleared up. At that point with Aloisa reacting the exact same way are her actions still justified? was it then ok that the other Aes Sedai attacked you in EF and chased you to BE and murdered you in front of the king?