What are your wotmud goals?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Enoch

Re: What are your wotmud goals?

Post by Enoch » Sun Feb 06, 2022 12:20 pm

A loose collection of my goals:

Master a character (done)
Master a couple of other characters of different types for different reasons, master a troll (done)
Make a Sedai (done)
Make a remort (done)
Get rank 8 on a MC (done)
Master the Sedai
Finish a couple of the huge research projects I've been casually working on for a couple years

Low Priority:
Re-master a troll or two
Maybe rank 8 a different character, but not a priority
Maybe make a Red Sedai or a Kin
Maybe make a Fade eventually
Misc. other goals.

Firimei Lang

Post by Firimei Lang » Mon Feb 07, 2022 5:44 pm

To actually play regularly......

Gretchen

Post by Gretchen » Tue Feb 08, 2022 5:30 am

well I been playing around 20 years or so, I started to help with my dyslexia my first goal was just learning to type ... big challenge for me (big up zelarius for puting up with my lack of comunication skills and trying to teach me the game) like years before i could talk to him without 50% arblegarble

(1.1 pay it forwards and help new people as i was helped ... still in progress)

my second goal was to get half way decent at pk i think i did that well on zain quite early on learning from players like fantus and shinji and fighting rodger/shinobi all over the sw for years back in the day the 3 of us had some massive fights over the years lol

third was master a char or two and a r8 all quite easy really

mastered edard in like 17 days back in the day lol

fourth get decent enough to give the decent fast channies a good 1 vs 1 ie jestin mikhan ect this was hard and took me a few years but all the decent channies i respect seam to enjoy fighting me (or not) so i think i done this one

fifth df systems/dl without fecking ls over the problem is the system is just so boring

and finally the noob dream the only one i have no real shot at lol......

geting gretchen on the legends list but i doubt this will happen its not changed in years and i dont think i ever made a big enough impact on the game like some of the old legends

lack of a clear fun goal is why i dont play much anymore

Etain

Post by Etain » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:43 am

It's been interesting to read what everyone has posted, and to see how some goals are nearly universal, whether it be something prominent from the books (like clanning a Gaidin or particular Ajah), or in-game achievements (pk and similar). As for myself, I haven't been around as long as some (statted my first character in 2008), or aimed as high as most. I did have a handful of goals when I started, most of which have gone by the wayside over the years.

Learn to PK - I've tried off and on, on a couple of different alts, and I just never developed the taste for it. I can understand, from an outside POV, how people could enjoy it, but I've never gotten the rush out of it that I've heard described. It's something that I do when forced, and only for as long as it takes to get away or die (mostly die).

Clan a non-channeler - I had a Gaidin apprentice briefly. It was actually going pretty well, but my heart wasn't in it. I've also had an alt that I was putting through the KMG auto-clanning quests, but I had to take an extended break last year, and since I've been back I don't really feel any motivation to finish. Then, too, I've played Etain almost exclusively for so long that I have no attachment to any other alts. If they all auto-deleted I probably wouldn't even notice.

Have an alt on each side - The PK-centric DS culture doesn't appeal to me. I've tried it several times, but I've always ended up either giving away or de-leveling my Trollocs. Seanchan might be a better fit culture-wise, but the population has always been very low, and the ones who stick around are (again) mainly PKers.

Master Etain - This was my primary goal for many years, but the longer I've been at it, the more I've come to realize that it doesn't really offer any benefits that I care about. I'd have to go to Rank 8 for the ones that matter to me, and it's not really worth the effort. When I started, mastering was about scoring kills and collecting scalps in PK. While it's nice that there are other options these days, I'm still grounded in the idea that mastering is primarily a PK thing.

Those goals being what they are, I've more or less set them aside permanently. My main goal going forward is to do what I can foster the White Tower community, and especially that of the Yellow Ajah(bestajah). I can't PK, I don't really smob anymore, I'm not even a particularly talented Healer, but what I can do is teach and support novice/Accepted, and free up other Aes Sedai to do what they do best by taking on some of the necessary-but-tedious jobs (I find admin oddly satisfying).

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:16 pm

Continue to grow and improve as a leader in pk. That's my main goal and focus. I find the less cut and dry goals (improve vs. rank) to be more motivating for me and keep me logging in.

hasp

Post by hasp » Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:13 pm

The main goal I had was to master Hasp and I did.

Todo:

Master lancer
Remort df
Clan wisdom/kin

plando

Post by plando » Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:00 am

1. get invited to a secret clan

2. obtain rank 8 on any char

3. master zeek (maybe, probably not?)

that's it! the list is very short now, but still very meaningful goals. These are things that I feel like will refresh the game for me a bit and also give me a sense of accomplishment and fun. I really look forward to the RP portion that goes along with these items and hope I can make a positive meaningful impact on other players by achieving and living these goals.

Orlin

Post by Orlin » Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:49 am

As a player.

Discernment
Get better at PK. this is somewhat difficult because a LOT of time, probably 75-80% I play from work. Nice to have a job with a lot of down time requiring me to scan a bunch of data, but if the dung hits the fan, I have to react instantly not oh I will spam safe. So this is hard to do. In the old days, could just find someone and spar for a while to hone skills, but don't see much of that happening.

Have the balls to tell a leader NO when I get dragged into an area i don't want to be in. Its hard because I hate to see other people die because I ain't there to add to the hp pool and if I leave I feel selfish for wanting to survive.

Chasing from Jehennah to door of the Keep for example. Right now don't want to be in the blight unless we have a clearly weakened victim as I am still getting comfortable with what I call the loop from FD, DF Choke, Orch Ent then back down to FD. Aggro mobs plus a hoard coming out of the keep and I am on a haggard horse, hasn't worked out too well :)

As a character

Master my clanned character

I want to buy my clan 50 qps through treasurer. Much easier to do while at work.

Keep our chest filled.

Learn how to use skills efficiently.

Learn crafting and guilds

Play a rogue and a channeler. Never have, just hunters and warriors.

Thena

Post by Thena » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:50 am

My current goal is to get RP rank 6. I reaaaaaaally want that mob emote. You know, the example that Elysia provides illustrating the perk has my name all over it. For a while, many (too many) years ago, this emote about me was actually in the game. The little girls and boys used to emote when you said a player's name (Dagre, Razhak, Thena!!!!! etc). "I have another heron in my boot!" Mine was only on the boys and girls around Whitebridge if I remember correctly but I loved that little easter egg. So now I'm working towards earning it back again.

Guard your richities, there's a set of sticky fingers about!

Khaster

Post by Khaster » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:45 pm

Some combined goals from when I started Vs. now:

Learn to PK (will never be done)
Learn to Lead
Master a char (still don't know which one)
Have a Sedai char (done)
Remort DL