What are your wotmud goals?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
toshiro

Re: What are your wotmud goals?

Post by toshiro » Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:38 am

Nice topic, i'm always curious what people are up to as well.

I originally played from around 2001-2008, and I only had 4 characters (3 SS and 1 DS). But I mostly ever played Toshiro, and I spent most of my time pking. After I came back, SS was pretty dead and PK hasn't been as engaging (mainly b/c i'm too busy to stay entirely focused for a 2 hour pk session).

Now I mainly play to explore how various setups perform/feel to play. I've mainly played rogues, and mainly only pk'd. But, I've heard stories of people doing wild dung solo or in small groups, and really maximizing the gameplay of particular classes. So now i'm trying to figure out how to do those things myself, and to see what is possible. Statted a 15 18 19 18 14 mc, got some LS hunters/warriors, made two darkfriends etc. etc. Ticking away at getting Tosh to rank 8 so that I can have that sweet 19 16 12 19 19. In the meantime, i'm trying out different setups to see what I like, what I can kill, and what other help I need to do things.

MC solo smobbing has been harder than I thought, gonna have to start grouping before the new taint changes go into effect.

Gonna try out playing LS some now that I've statted some hunters and see which clans I like playing with to make the shift over. I'd like to have at least one bonused char to see what kindof pve things I can pull off with small groups or solo.

It's been fun, and now I've got a pretty good handle on how to quickly get any equipment I need, or at least something to trade for it. I think i've figured out my limits as a solo smobber on various classes, and so my immediate goal is to learn how to hit a couple of the puzzle smobs with limited numbers. Then i'll start leading some adventures and get the hang of it again.

Vannor

Post by Vannor » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:09 am

Getting r3 to get involved with the darkfriend stuff. The unknown was on reflection, very boring. The best parts of it were remort interactions (shout-out to Anansi in particular, who absolutely nails it), and its just exceedingly difficult to find remorts that are interested in doing it.

Bunch of LS secret clan stuff that I think is finally getting some progress

Writing out more of the RP story to aim for r4 RP (I want ravens to say 'caw caw' when I walk past ;)) just haven't really had time this last week.

Mostly staying the firetruck away from discord

Other than that is just testing the limits for channeler. Haven't mained DS in years so the game feels fresh again

Tyrex

Post by Tyrex » Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:55 am

Delete seanchan

Callesa

Post by Callesa » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:03 am

I hadn't really thought mastering on Callesa would be possible, but here we are. My goals on her, as she is my main char:
-rank 8. I want it (in spite of the best perk being removed recently) and I want to get to it mostly through RP.
-Rprank 6 or even 7. I am looking forward to the clan horse btw, and I still haven't come up with what nice mob response I'd want! But it will be awesome!
-to continue the Tales of a Brown until a solid end, while getting as many people as possible involved in the RP, to create an epic story of a WoT adventure together
-keep helping the White Tower be an excellent clan, where people can have fun, get to learn their FC, play with others, and follow their WoT dreams. After all, this is one of the main parts of the whole book universe. So, getting to spend a part of my time with novices and Accepteds is a big part of my IC and OOC mission, to help them not get stuck at low ranks, to learn what they need, to improve RP, etc.

On other chars:
-Not really much of goals on Ylsa, ranks happen mostly as a byproduct on having so much fun on this KMG alt! I used to dream of getting her to Kin, but not anymore, KMG is an excellent clan and I love the way I can play her, clanned but not Tower, not secret, not too exposed, crafting and smobbing my way to the top. I wonder whether rank 8 or even rank 9 might be good goals.
-explore a bit more the non fc parts of the game, I'd like to clan a Queen's Guard and/or Rising Sun, when I have time.

As a player:
-learn the northern pk zones better and overall become an average pker in the decade to come. I am already better at running etc.
-keep supporting newbie and intermediate players, to help keep our game alive.
-learn to lead groups to all the smobs for LS. I'm already an ok leader in Illian, Altara, and improving in Andor and Arad Doman. Next to be learnt are GF, Cairhien and Spine, hopefully I'll get to the northerns smobs leading one day too.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:31 pm

Finish off my zMUD scripts and publish them on Archives (95% completed)

Finish off my cMUD scripts and publish them on Archives (75% completed)

Become friends with Rig (25% completed)

Maintain and improve Archives (ongoing)

Create a WoT themed Mudlet GUI (5% completed)

Translate all my scripts to Mudlet (0% completed)

R7 (maybe 8) clanned weaves FC (1% completed)

Get back into WoTMUD Wiki map project and update all the zones on the wiki

Harun

Post by Harun » Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:55 pm

Learn Andor.

Naerin

Post by Naerin » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:37 pm

Taziar wrote:
Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:31 pm
Finish off my zMUD scripts and publish them on Archives (95% completed)
I updated your statting script a little to match the current behavior of saplings and add a small QoL feature - can give you a quick rundown of what I changed if you're interested.

Naerin

Post by Naerin » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:40 pm

My own goals:

1) Do the Known DF thing without burning out (current status: not playing him)
2) Learn how to chase properly on a hunter - the zone knowledge is there generally, the autotrack is not, nor are the habits (trusting your followers to spam, proper coms)
3) Secret clan stuff

Ashlee

Post by Ashlee » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:24 am

1: Finally shawl my Accepted.
2: R8 on Ashlee. Absolute long shot, but would still be fun.
3: Learn to pk on my Accepted.
4: Get more comfortable with solo pk. Always seems to end in a stalemate when I do pk solo.

Sarinda

Post by Sarinda » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:53 am

I am quickly finding that my drive and primary enjoyment is coming from this alt because being an Accepted presents me with so many exciting activities to be working on and so many great people to interact with. I feel like the RP background and i personality I am trying to emulate make for really enjoyable character moments.

My primary goal is to Shawl and to establish a positive reputation as not just a role player, but as a PKer too. When I was a newbie and was experimenting with MCs for the first time, the active Red sisters at the time truly scared me, and on my first FC, the Aes Sedai intimidated me (in a good way) by virtue of their reputation. I want to achieve that and continue to shape the White Tower into being the most fun, supportive environment for channelers in the MUD.

I would like to reach Master for the first time. Been here on and off for almost 20 years and have never achieved that. I’m hoping to now.

I also love researching and discovering new things about the game and its mechanics, especially when I can weave it into RP for my characters. I hope to keep learning new things that are either misunderstood or unknown and help to teach others about them. I also want to help update a lot of the WoTMUD wiki so it stays current and remains as a valuable source of open knowledge for everyone.