DS Splits

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
isabel

Re: DS Splits

Post by isabel » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:11 am

I don't know either of the players but equating this is really massively sugarcoating some really poor sportsmanship and willingness to abuse their power not just once (insisting on taking the unique without earning it) but several times (threatening to Declan, shadow warranting etc).

How in the world does this equate with seroma wanting to keep gear they earned? Which player wouldn't expect that to happen ?

We don't have to go into anyone being a "bad guy" to set some basic standards for how people - especially those with powe - should behave. Equitant should get a ticking off from this and should apologise to seroma. Pretty simple. Move on with the understanding that players have to be treated fairly.

Rig and Audre - really respect your opinions in general but we have pages and pages of posts about what imms should do to improve the game. Can't imagine anyone reading this and wanting to play - it's disgusting.

Equitant

Post by Equitant » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:37 am

I didn't warrant him and have stated I didn't have all the facts when I said those things. Clearly I made a mistake there. Byrg is removing his warrant and I will pass on the responsibility of dividing gear to others in the future.

isabel

Post by isabel » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:40 am

"i didn't have all the facts" is different from "i apologise - that's not how i should have behaved. I'm going to set a better example in future"

Not trying to villify you equitant as I'm sure we all have behaved in shitty ways. But the game would be so different if we extended the same courtesy and benefit of doubt we extend to our friends to every unknown player.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Sun Jul 10, 2022 2:56 am

No one is bad but I do think the DS "hierarchy" stuff gets taken a little too seriously for a game sometimes.
Last edited by Reyne on Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:08 am

It’s also important not to sit here and bag on Equitant, who is so incredibly nice and silly in most interactions.

Equitant has also been playing for a very long time, like when he said that it used to go to hierarchical-based, and he’s been gone for quite a while. Longer than the 3 years he’s saying! DS has had a drastic change in culture in the last (some would say decade+) 3-5 years.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Sun Jul 10, 2022 3:55 am

That's fair; some benefit of doubt is warranted.

Tyrex

Post by Tyrex » Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:12 am

I’d like to turn the focus here back to Draz’s spam flees as well as removing Seanchan.

Kryyg

Post by Kryyg » Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:01 am

Tyrex wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:12 am
I’d like to turn the focus here back to Draz’s spam flees as well as removing Seanchan.
I think this is a cause we can all get behind. SS ruined the MUD and the entitled whiny attitude spawned there and spread like a plague to the other two sides.

Hieronymus

Post by Hieronymus » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:22 am

All went to dung when Setsuna went from SS to DS. :(

Naji

Post by Naji » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:58 pm

Fades splitting loot from group PK is fair enough. A fade appearing for a couple of rounds at the end of the fight and then trying to swipe a unique is not. This reminds me of the jerky powertripping fade days of old that you'd see from people like Stinkmog and Snorakk, who didn't understand you can enforce hierarchy without being an arse. Thankfully DS seems much nicer in general these days.