DS Splits

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Seroma

DS Splits

Post by Seroma » Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:37 am

Here is a change I will stan for. Give DS a way to fairly split eq and loot. Guys like this make the impossibility of trying to be fair even more impossible. Thanks.

----

o HP:Battered MV:Tiring >

Gok narrates 'i scalped art'

Sikkus narrates 'nice'

nar ive got elaria
You narrate 'ive got elaria'

whe
Players in your Zone
--------------------
Ommin - The Well
Prykor - The Well
Seroma - The Well
Sicko - The Well
Gok - The Well
Sikkus - The Well
Gozzor - The Well
Torlig - The Well
badfade2 - The Well

badfade1 has arrived from the east.

badfade1 hisses 'someone give me a scalp'

o HP:Battered MV:Strong >

A bearish trolloc leaves east. >>
badfade1 hisses 'hate losing 2 qps on rip'

badfade1 hisses 'is the worst'

Sicko says 'you lose qps on rip?'

badfade1 hisses 'yea'

o HP:Wounded MV:Strong >

Gok gets the severed head of Arthor the Human slain in the Blasted Lands from a backpack.

badfade2 hisses 'welcome to fadelife'

Gok gives the severed head of Arthor the Human slain in the Blasted Lands to badfade1.

badfade1 hisses 'seriously lol'

badfade1 hisses 'thanks gok, i appreciate it'

badfade2 drops a grimy key.
badfade2 drops a rusty key.
badfade2 drops a strange white key.
badfade2 drops an old metal key.

Gok narrates 'gave art to badfade1'

badfade2 assumes an offensive striking posture.

badfade1 hisses 'night dudes'

Sicko says 'later'

o HP:Wounded MV:Full >

Prykor looks at badfade1.

Ommin narrates 'who else we lose'

badfade1 narrates 'no need, give to someone else'

Prykor says 'nite'

Gok narrates 'it was a picture of a severed head'

where
Players in your Zone
--------------------
badfade1 - The Well
Torlig - The Well
Ommin - The Well
Prykor - The Well
Seroma - The Well
Sicko - The Well
Gok - The Well
Sikkus - The Well
Gozzor - The Well
badfade2 - The Well

The flame engulfs badfade1.

Ommin narrates 'was an NFT of a severed head'

'who wants the other? or do you want to fund my rise to power?
A bearish trolloc has arrived from the east.
You say 'who wants the other? or do you want to fund my rise to power?'

peer
You peer around into the shadows.

Sicko says 'i'm in on scalp'

Prykor says 'same'

Ommin says 'in on scalp!'

put scalp pot
You put the severed head of Elaria the Human slain in the Blight in a trolloc cookpot.

'k fight for it
You say 'k fight for it'

badfade1 narrates 'am just gonna go to bed'

Gok says 'ill pass'

snick
You snicker softly.

Sicko gets the severed head of Elaria the Human slain in the Blight from a trolloc cookpot.

Jaghut

Re: DS Splits

Post by Jaghut » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:36 am

saw 2 scalps in your log and 4 people asking for them(not including gok)... someone's gonna miss out. Usually masters and fades on DS are pretty good at hooking up all non-mastered folks with the scalps. Is this the one instance where you didn't get a scalp or was it multiple times? Sometimes you don't get a scalp.
In the past they tried a system for all sides where scalps could be split up into smaller chunks, but for some reason it didn't work out. Cant remember why.

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:46 am

Fade asked for the head/scalp and got it, I assume this fade had been leading? I dont know, I wasnt there.

Then like was said above: if theres 2 scalps and 4 people who want something, 2 people will miss out. That has always been the case, its not a matter of people being overly evil, its a matter of simple mathematics.

The reason the chunking was removed, was because it made people abuse the system by turning in scalps they didnt earn (or scalps they farmed off their friends en masse) by chunking them, and thus making them impossible to track for imms after turn ins. Basically: once again some rotten apples made it so that we cant have nice things :P

I really dont see much bad in this little snippet of a log, its just
1) DS hierarchy
2) Mathematics

gok

Post by gok » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:48 am

Adding some additional context here. My understanding is the fade in this case was leading the pk. I was not really involved in the pk, was not following the fade and merely scalped as the trolls ran N crit and I had the hp to scalp in the event humans were still in the room. So my expectation is that we would typically give the scalps to the leader to split. The leader would then in most cases pass the scalps to non-masters or those they thought were deserving of the scalp (in some cases it may be themselves but generally they skip the scalps if there are too few to go around). In my experience trolls tend to be less motivated to follow selfish leaders and if they find a fade to be greedy they will find better things to occupy their time. This particular example was a complete mess.

erulak

Post by erulak » Thu Jan 27, 2022 9:55 am

Usually give newbie fades some reprieve until rank 3, unless they're spam-dying. After that, taking anything from group PK before non-masters is kind of silly. There are a bunch of guys at rank 3 fade that could be far beyond that if they partook in that silliness.

huck

Post by huck » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:16 am

Please could you change your log to Fade1 and Fade2.

Rark

Post by Rark » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:20 am

My way of thinking has always been the fade already took a bunch of scalps to get to their req, so I'd rather have nonmasters take before myself unless we get multiple heads and everyone has gotten one, and then probably only if I'm closing in on rank. But I've never cared for ranking on my remorts. Some people main their remorts and obviously still want to progress up the ranking system. Although this free reset/hone for 3k remorts has me regretting that a bit!

I think in your instance it isn't unfair for the fade to take a head if he is close to -qps, especially if he has been leading, but I'd probably have given it to one of the nonmasters instead personally. If he also got re-eq'd by the dead humans I'd probably have let the scalp go also.

Not to say there can't be a lot of drama around greedy remorts, but it comes with the territory, just tradition really. As Gok mentioned you'll probably learn to spot the greedy/selfish leaders vs those who are more generous. Hard to say with this instance, have they let the previous 10 heads go and need to cushion up their buffer from their rips a bit or is this a daily occurrence with the person taking a head over a nonmaster in most sessions.

blytzkrieg

Post by blytzkrieg » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:35 pm

Hello everyone, the artist formally referred to as “badfade1” here. If you look at ouch thread, I posted that I just suffered a crappy death…it happens, oh well. Was 11 qp tr2, ( plan on going no further than r3 unless I have some awesome solo raids) and decided that since I had, in fact, been leading pk and gotten a kill as ls scattered, a scalp would be more useful to me than a set of abs eq that trollocs use more often than I. So to clear things up here, I did not accept the loot offered after I asked for scalp. In fact, as seen in the log, I told others involved to give it to someone else. I tend to be somewhat generous with scalps and rarely take loot unless I need it, especially if we lost someone in the fight. Let’s just be up front with people from now on, and we can all get along 😁

Foil

Post by Foil » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:45 pm

Faded over a decade ago, just now made rank 3. Haven't taken scalps from since remorting, nor do I regularly impose DS rules when splitting to benefit me.

All that being said, I have been accused over the years of leveraging my remort status to take things from pk. It really doesn't matter what you do someone at some point will take up a problem with you. Don't take it to heart, don't be a piece of crap, play the game fairly and take care of the trolls as best you can. People will whine from time to time but they will be the outliers.

There are definitely people who do use their status to take eq from PK, it's our job is a community to identify and stop it when we can. I am not above telling a fellow remort to pound sand when I know they often take gear from pk to re-eq their other alts.

byrg

Post by byrg » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:58 pm

To clear up who is who... I'm apparently badfade2 for... standing at the well and saying "welcome to being a fade"... i was otherwise uninvolved in this pk or splitting!