Experience Multipliers.

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
mello

Experience Multipliers.

Post by mello » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:20 pm

Have you all seen the jump in players due to the 3x?

Why are we not doing this more to encourage people to play? The spike in players numbers is clearly a good thing!!!

Why don't we give 1.5x exp to the side who wins the struggle or something. Anything to get more players online.....

I can't be the only person who thinks more experience multipliers are a good thing.....

Racquel

Re: Experience Multipliers.

Post by Racquel » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:28 pm

But surely the jump in player numbers is because this doesn't happen every day. If it's too frequent, you won't see the same increase over time, right?

Rayven

Post by Rayven » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:35 pm

Think the multipliers create a sense of entitlement toward xp and a lack of worth of xp without multipliers as well. Saw some people xping over the 3x that I've rarely, if ever, seen exp or play those characters.

Over-use of multipliers would also devalue chits. Part of the reason chits have use is because they last till reboot. When Deckland turned in gold chit was a cool opportunity. The crashes a couple hours into it were unfortunate, but luckily the xp multipliers were put back online. Though, I am fairly sure that's not common policy considering it turned the multiplier on for another (20+ hrs). Think in 5ish hrs we'll reboot at 1 day 6 or more hrs of 3x.

I know there are a lot of people who only experience when multipliers are on. I think there is good and bad to that. Because it values chits to the point where people might actively seek out that possibility in order to xp their characters at a later time.

Ultimately, think we need more people finding more enjoyment out of the game. There's also been a pretty present lack of PK that could just as well be attributed to the multiplier. Since this is a multi-player game, we need more interactions. Been cool though to see 3x on so frequently.

Eol

Post by Eol » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:43 pm

It has other weird complications. Its a boon to channelers who can be annoying to level up. They become quite a bit more potent at upper levels.

It kind of contributes to an increase in qps because heads are worth more than scalps...

I think Rayven hit some nails on the head though.

mello

Post by mello » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Perhaps it doesn't need to be such a huge multiplier?

I think you made really valid points Rayven, that it might create a sense of entitlement and devalue chits. Perhaps chits could be used for other things like master bonuses for a week or a free skill maxed for a reset (just throwing ideas out there).

I can't help but feel exping is just mindless grinding of mobs that pose little to no challenge, a time sink inside of a time sink!

I've really enjoyed seeing more people around due to having exp multiplers on, having others around as part of the community is great. If I log in and see 10 online instead of the usual 5 or less on DS then it makes me want to play more because there is more chance of smobbing or going on a raid!

I think channelers are broken as firetruck personally (300+ hps 65+ abs and the easy access to midtop/top end gear) and i had not considered the extreme bonuses that exp gives to channeling classes. Maybe we should address the issues of a 51 class being too potent?

ecthus

Post by ecthus » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:21 am

mello wrote:I've really enjoyed seeing more people around due to having exp multiplers on, having others around as part of the community is great. If I log in and see 10 online instead of the usual 5 or less on DS then it makes me want to play more because there is more chance of smobbing or going on a raid!
Yeah, this is why I more or less favor anything that gets higher numbers--I might log on to exp, but I stay logged on because I get wrapped up in PK, or asked to join in on a quest or smob hit, or caught up in clan business, or run into a friend I haven't seen in a long time. All of that's more likely to happen the higher the numbers are.

Lord Pe

Post by Lord Pe » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:13 pm

I agree with Rayven. I think of the 3x snobs as fairweather friends only and thus not to be counted on. I can barely find anyone to xp with without a multiplier. The most common response being that they refuse to do so. At least pets arent so flakey.

The thing about the channelers is very true as well. I dont consider a channeler ready to play until level 40 because of the 8 spell pracs per level.

Anyway they are cool but far too frequent in my opinion.