DS rogue pracs

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Ghast

Re: DS rogue pracs

Post by Ghast » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:18 pm

Rig wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:22 pm
Rogues are the best melee characters in the game.
Yes and no. By themselves against anyone not abs, they can't do much in melee because they have no way of breaking defense unbashed. In a group or against abs where people are getting sat? Absolutely. But they have no skill which allows them to actually score a hit in melee unless you count projectiles, which if they're going to spend pracs to get projectiles, they're not going to get stab, which means they should just go play another melee class instead.

Rig

Post by Rig » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:56 pm

Definitely viable against anyone combo. In no world are you just sitting in one room for the entire pk session. Dodge, I’ll give to you, based purely on the nature that dodge is high defense.

With the downing of parry and added ob across the board, this only strengthens the melee capacity that rogues have access to. I’ve mastered multiple rogues and other characters using short blades or weapons with attack. Kryyg has mastered multiple characters with specifically short blades. Among many others I can name but I won’t because there’s a reason why these are go-to weapons.

The melee aspect is not comparable to anything else in the game, barring justice/malfeasor/uniques that do absolute bonkers damage. Rogues having ease of access to abilities like stab increase the dynamic of power that goes into it. The only reason you’re not winning a melee fight on a rogue is because it’s someone in full dodge and you’re just sitting in there room.

Khugd

Post by Khugd » Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:53 am

I was breaking Yurikan's defense today with a redstone. Yurikan was in top end dodge with a shocklance. It's not 100%, but brave/offensive breaks even that top defense. Add a mob or another player to split party and you're in an even better position.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:07 am

prerolled rogue as a baseline 17 7 7 19 19 is 16% warrior prac, 12% hunter and 15% rogue. Particularly that 12% hunter is extremely restrictive.

add 1 int to that rogue prac moves to 16% bracket.
add 1 int and 1 wil and hunter bracket moves to 13% as well.

prerolled hunter is 12% hunter prac, 1 int would move it to 13% as well.

A well stated rogue pracs are fine, lower mentals make them extremely harsh rather than a trade off choice.

a 17 8 8 19 17 rogue(16% 13% 16%) is much better from a playing standpoint than
a 17 7 7 19 19