Lugard Market

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Cidu

Lugard Market

Post by Cidu » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:27 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering why the Lugard Hall does not stocked with top end weapons. Personally I enjoy using hooked swords and while I can buy the ingredients to make them it would be wonderful to purchase them already crafted. Is there any reason these fine weapons and others of its nature are not up for sale?

Kind Regards

Cidu

Elyse

Re: Lugard Market

Post by Elyse » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:34 pm

Everything for sale in the Lugard Marketplace is put there by other players. The game does not autostock items there.

I forget if there's MOBOL in place to handle selling them (I don't think there is), but even if there is, hooked swords, which require 5 tokens (worth 250TP to craft at the retail rate, and 100TP at the 1000TP bulk discount), would have to have an exceptionally high price in gold to motivate people to sell them for gp at an automated market. People will usually use them themselves, trade them to other players directly for other rare items, or, especially if they're in bad condition, turn them into a collector for 3 tokens which they can use in other crafting.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:13 pm

Mobol space restrictions, since the current mobs are full.

Money weight issues for payout, because there are already problems with people not being able to carry 7k.

Only being able to sell pristine condition ones, which would limit it's function.

Fluctuating prices, depending on whether someone really wants something and/or how many were loaded during events.

Cidu

Post by Cidu » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:27 am

Thank you for all the detail :)

It's seems highly unpractical

Ylsa

Post by Ylsa » Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:04 am

There is one more option to not have to do it yourself: see if some of the KMG craft such weapons and would like to satisfy the demand (we often do). I think Helgi and Maisy craft weapons, but they are surely not the only ones.(I don't, but I craft jewels)

Rodger

Post by Rodger » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:18 pm

might be worth looking at the auction house for source of lag? a lot of weapons have been stocked for what, 3 or 4 years...could be a pretty long list...

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:22 pm

Rodger wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:18 pm
might be worth looking at the auction house for source of lag? a lot of weapons have been stocked for what, 3 or 4 years...could be a pretty long list...
I sincerely doubt that, as I recently had to take a few DAYS to get through a series of old notes that hadn't been relevant in ages and the note path forgotten about. Not to mention all similar entries for clanned players for quest completions and whatnot. Over the years we've cleared out so many entries, a few weapons aren't going to make a difference.