Clan Transfers

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Tesyl

Re: Clan Transfers

Post by Tesyl » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:34 pm

Sannil Sandal wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:33 pm
Vampa wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:18 pm
The KMG exclusion was added after reverting the transfer.

The character had previously sought a transfer and was denied. It's not the first time they've attempted to go to non-adminstrative immortals to pursue a goal they'd been warned against by admins. The transfer happened without admin approval, and it was assumed I'd okayed the transfer, so when I enquired who had and learned no one had I reverted it.

I then updated the clan transfer rules because KMG aren't eligible for transfers and it was short sighted not to have excluded them from the beginning.

The matter went without notice for five weeks because I have been almost entirely absent for nearly double that time period.
Viva wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:32 pm
I NEVER attempted to transfer clans before Dsworn, and I was never denied.
Sounds like you did and were denied.
Then we have two stories. Perhaps the one making the accusation carries the burden of proof, and should provide it.

Viva

Post by Viva » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:36 pm

Please read... again.
The character had previously sought a transfer and was denied. It's not the first time they've attempted to go to non-adminstrative immortals to pursue a goal they'd been warned against by admins.
The above is a lie. Categorically untrue.

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:37 pm

The timing is unfortunate, and if I were in Viva's shoes I would be upset. However, it sounds like an Immortal made a mistake and when Vampa learned of it he corrected it. That is reasonable. Hopefully there are changes to systems so this doesn't happen again.

Sannil Sandal

Post by Sannil Sandal » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:39 pm

Tesyl wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:34 pm
Sannil Sandal wrote:
Vampa wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:18 pm
The KMG exclusion was added after reverting the transfer.

The character had previously sought a transfer and was denied. It's not the first time they've attempted to go to non-adminstrative immortals to pursue a goal they'd been warned against by admins. The transfer happened without admin approval, and it was assumed I'd okayed the transfer, so when I enquired who had and learned no one had I reverted it.

I then updated the clan transfer rules because KMG aren't eligible for transfers and it was short sighted not to have excluded them from the beginning.

The matter went without notice for five weeks because I have been almost entirely absent for nearly double that time period.
Viva wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:32 pm
I NEVER attempted to transfer clans before Dsworn, and I was never denied.
Then we have two stories. Perhaps the one making the accusation carries the burden of proof, and should provide it.
Nah we have one story, an admin trying to correct a mistake and a player with a martyr complex.

Tesyl

Post by Tesyl » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:41 pm

Aloisa wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:37 pm
The timing is unfortunate, and if I were in Viva's shoes I would be upset. However, it sounds like an Immortal made a mistake and when Vampa learned of it he corrected it. That is reasonable. Hopefully there are changes to systems so this doesn't happen again.
Fixing it would have been making the addendum to be sure it didn't happen again, but allowing the 5 week old move to stand. They offered an apology (kind of maybe?) but didn't really fix anything for Viva.

Honestly, I think this was all done in poor taste. If they made the clarification for the future but not retroactive, Viva would be happy, many players would be happy, and Siro wouldn't have been thrown under the bus. Instead, by the 'fix it' route taken here, we have upset people and an imm that was thrown under the bus.

Personally, I think Viva being able to stay Dragonsworn would have been far less game breaking than this move was morale breaking.

Tesyl

Post by Tesyl » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:44 pm

Sannil Sandal wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:39 pm
Tesyl wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:34 pm
Sannil Sandal wrote:

Nah we have one story, an admin trying to correct a mistake and a player with a martyr complex.
So you are saying Viva is a liar with a martyr complex? Got it...

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:45 pm

Tesyl wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:41 pm
Aloisa wrote:
Fixing it would have been making the addendum to be sure it didn't happen again, but allowing the 5 week old move to stand. They offered an apology (kind of maybe?) but didn't really fix anything for Viva.

Honestly, I think this was all done in poor taste. If they made the clarification for the future but not retroactive, Viva would be happy, many players would be happy, and Siro wouldn't have been thrown under the bus. Instead, by the 'fix it' route taken here, we have upset people and an imm that helps the game thrown under the bus.

Personally, I think Viva being able to stay Dragonsworn would have been far less game breaking than this move was morale breaking.
An Immortal acknowledged their mistake and apologized. It's ok to be upset for your friend, but I'd avoid the histrionics. It's not making this more relatable for anyone.

Tesyl

Post by Tesyl » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:47 pm

Aloisa wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:45 pm
Tesyl wrote:
Aloisa wrote:

Honestly, I think this was all done in poor taste. If they made the clarification for the future but not retroactive, Viva would be happy, many players would be happy, and Siro wouldn't have been thrown under the bus. Instead, by the 'fix it' route taken here, we have upset people and an imm that helps the game thrown under the bus.

An Immortal acknowledged their mistake and apologized. It's ok to be upset for your friend, but I'd avoid the histrionics. It's not making this more relatable for anyone.
I am only voicing an opinion about how I think this should be handled. As a member of the community in an open forum, that's within my right. I don't consider it histrionics.

Also, about the apology, we still have an accusation and a denial without any posted evidence from the accuser.

Sannil Sandal

Post by Sannil Sandal » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:56 pm

Tesyl wrote:
This is pretty melodramatic, bordering on histrionic.

Tesyl

Post by Tesyl » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:57 pm

Sannil Sandal wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:56 pm
Tesyl wrote:
This is pretty melodramatic, bordering on histrionic.
I have noted your opinion on the topic.