Clan Transfers

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Vampa

Re: Clan Transfers

Post by Vampa » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:20 pm

Sannil Sandal wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:10 pm
What disadvantage though??? They're back in the original clan with full qps and rank status intact, without kmg having a vote for readmission.

Theres no loss here other than what sounds like a player picking imms theyll get a favourable response with, to push them through a process that wasn't approved.
I do not mean to state that Viva was a malicious actor, there's no ill intent in this entire series of events on anyone's part it's a series of mistakes that I had to correct at a much later time than I would have liked to.

Sannil Sandal

Post by Sannil Sandal » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:23 pm

Vampa wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:20 pm
Sannil Sandal wrote:
What disadvantage though??? They're back in the original clan with full qps and rank status intact, without kmg having a vote for readmission.

Theres no loss here other than what sounds like a player picking imms theyll get a favourable response with, to push them through a process that wasn't approved.
I do not mean to state that Viva was a malicious actor, there's no ill intent in this entire series of events on anyone's part it's a series of mistakes that I had to correct at a much later time than I would have liked to.
I think the takeaway is that our immortals are being open and honest with the community and its something we should be thankful for.
Last edited by Sannil Sandal on Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tesyl

Post by Tesyl » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:23 pm

Vampa wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:18 pm

The character had previously sought a transfer and was denied. It's not the first time they've attempted to go to non-adminstrative immortals to pursue a goal they'd been warned against by admins. The transfer happened without admin approval, and it was assumed I'd okayed the transfer, so when I enquired who had and learned no one had I reverted it.

This seems like intent to discredit and imply malice to me, Vamps.

Tesyl

Post by Tesyl » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:28 pm

Sannil Sandal wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:23 pm
Vampa wrote:
Sannil Sandal wrote:

I think the takeaway is that our immortals are being open and honest with the community and its something we should be thankful for it.
It's a good thing they're taking responsibility for the mistake. However, makin Viva pay for it and not grandfathering her in even though it was their mistake... not a good thing.

Vampa

Post by Vampa » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:28 pm

If it were done with malicious intent I'd have punished the player, it is entirely reasonable to consider this was a series of events that were in no way ill intent. It's not unreasonable to be told no by one immortal and then appeal to another that outranks them. Going the opposite route, however, I can attribute to Hanlon's razor as long as it's not something that's a repeated course of action.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:30 pm

Detritus wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:05 pm
Look at it from the other perspective.
Asking for a clan weave, not getting it then trying to transfer into a clan weave instead.
This is facts, how perception of these facts is taken varies by person.
It's not nessecarilly intentional discrediting someone for something to be taken a certain way from the facts available.

Sannil Sandal

Post by Sannil Sandal » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:31 pm

Tesyl wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:28 pm
Sannil Sandal wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:23 pm
Vampa wrote:

I think the takeaway is that our immortals are being open and honest with the community and its something we should be thankful for it.
It's a good thing they're taking responsibility for the mistake. However, makin Viva pay for it and not grandfathering her in even though it was their mistake... not a good thing.
Theyre not paying for anything, theyre still a r8 in their clan.

Tesyl

Post by Tesyl » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:31 pm

Detritus wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:30 pm
Detritus wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:05 pm
Look at it from the other perspective.
Asking for a clan weave, not getting it then trying to transfer into a clan weave instead.
This is facts, how perception of these facts is taken varies by person.
It's not nessecarilly intentional discrediting someone for something to be taken a certain way from the facts available.
Then maybe one should not imply wrong doing without more evidence of said wrong doing.

Viva

Post by Viva » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:32 pm

I NEVER attempted to transfer clans before Dsworn, and I was never denied.

Sannil Sandal

Post by Sannil Sandal » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:33 pm

Vampa wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:18 pm
The KMG exclusion was added after reverting the transfer.

The character had previously sought a transfer and was denied. It's not the first time they've attempted to go to non-adminstrative immortals to pursue a goal they'd been warned against by admins. The transfer happened without admin approval, and it was assumed I'd okayed the transfer, so when I enquired who had and learned no one had I reverted it.

I then updated the clan transfer rules because KMG aren't eligible for transfers and it was short sighted not to have excluded them from the beginning.

The matter went without notice for five weeks because I have been almost entirely absent for nearly double that time period.
Viva wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:32 pm
I NEVER attempted to transfer clans before Dsworn, and I was never denied.
Sounds like you did and were denied.