North PK related changes

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Detritus

Re: North PK related changes

Post by Detritus » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:44 pm

Feneon wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:49 pm
I think the damage on Kajin and his mobs weapons is good. I have matched Treesinger's ogier to that.
I don't think most people agree with your kajin damage assessment(damage output being the main gripe with him). High obs(or high levels, same effect) and lower damage mob weapons are good so that defences can be broken but abs gets wittled instead of destroyed.
Feneon wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:49 pm
Overall this encounter and conversation does a bit to showcase the difficulties of 'getting it right'. You can see the various opinions on why this engagement felt like a no-win for either side and no one wants to PK where they feel like they have to take the risks and are likely going to just die to mobs. Compound that with the rares involved and you've got something closer to a recipe for a stalemate. Even if Foil's group stood at a room with no mobs in it once they had all gotten low, the likelihood of Castien being confident to do anything was still very low. He might risk an auto or two, but if the person who is highest hit points engages first twice then it won't lead anywhere and he'll likely leave to a different part of the zone. Maybe they can chase him to worse mobs than TS, but it is unlikely. The fade and trollocs would not be able to scan room by room as they walked and so likely would not move because of a lack of hit points and confidence. In this case I might also assume some level of impatience between both sides to prove that they are right about what the other person is trying to do instead of seeing what happens, but it wouldn't make a significant difference either way on the outcome or the feelings of all involved.
I think this is a good example rather of human trollocs with outdoor scan ruining zone design. If it's a normal human they will act differently and can get caught out entering a bad room easily.

Castien is never going to hit 3 opponents in no-mob room that is also no longer even a bad flee room now there's a second stupid easy exit to the area so there's no point in said trollocs trying that; so they instead retreat to mobs in more optimal area.

I like the mob tweaks for the most part and makes the mob support more usable however changing a 33% bad flee choke with a good dline(1s treesinger entrance) to an additional freewalk exit to area was bad. Chokes are good things, particularly bad chokes with good mobs(trade offs). If you look at zone overall the additional exit from treesinger turned it into 4 different north/south crossing the zone requiring significantly less adjustment for bad flees or choke crossing east/west.
Changing the entrance to a 50% flee(like blands camp) would be plenty.

Ragyn

Re: North PK related changes

Post by Ragyn » Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:51 pm

Overall this encounter and conversation does a bit to showcase the difficulties of 'getting it right'. You can see the various opinions on why this engagement felt like a no-win for either side and no one wants to PK where they feel like they have to take the risks and are likely going to just die to mobs. Compound that with the rares involved and you've got something closer to a recipe for a stalemate. Even if Foil's group stood at a room with no mobs in it once they had all gotten low, the likelihood of Castien being confident to do anything was still very low. He might risk an auto or two, but if the person who is highest hit points engages first twice then it won't lead anywhere and he'll likely leave to a different part of the zone. Maybe they can chase him to worse mobs than TS, but it is unlikely. The fade and trollocs would not be able to scan room by room as they walked and so likely would not move because of a lack of hit points and confidence. In this case I might also assume some level of impatience between both sides to prove that they are right about what the other person is trying to do instead of seeing what happens, but it wouldn't make a significant difference either way on the outcome or the feelings of all involved.
Think I just disagree with this view of PK/analysis of the situation. But we all play differently and so we are all likely to have different views and opinions on any given situation.