Wheel of Time season 1 episode 8 "The Eye of the World" season finale

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Dixon

Re: Wheel of Time season 1 episode 8 "The Eye of the World" season finale

Post by Dixon » Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:13 am

Finally watched it and I'm very very disappointed in it. Even trying to think of it without using book knowledge parts of it make no sense. dropped the ball on it imo. There was some good parts. Too many things cut out and too many changes for me to like it. I'll probably watch next season just to see what they do, but I doubt i'll actually enjoy it.

Groderick

Re: Wheel of Time season 1 episode 8 "The Eye of the World" season finale

Post by Groderick » Thu Dec 30, 2021 6:06 am

I can accept a lot of the changes they made. After all, adaptions from books to TV are hard.

But I cannot understand the choices they made for the finale. The first book was unique in a way that was more of a party doing adventuring and the end was very well written. The decision to leave behind a secluded place inside the blight really confused me. It was also a great way to evolve Rand's character and keep the group together for some nice fighting scenes.

But what concerns me the most is that the first season did not really invest on character development, and when they did it was mostly cliché dialogues that were so far and between that they did not make any sense.