Warriors Need a (Slight?) Buff

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Itesh

Re: Warriors Need a (Slight?) Buff

Post by Itesh » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:23 am

Edit: I forgot to say - making warriors able to see bloodies is an interesting idea, but we don't currently have the source file for tracks, so we can't anyway.

Ironically we can give anyone autotrack because that's pretty much a case of writing print_the_damn_autotracks() at the correct point.

Maybe in the future. ;)

zankou

Post by zankou » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:46 am

So you’re saying there’s a chance….

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:17 am

Itesh wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:23 am
Edit: I forgot to say - making warriors able to see bloodies is an interesting idea, but we don't currently have the source file for tracks, so we can't anyway.

Ironically we can give anyone autotrack because that's pretty much a case of writing print_the_damn_autotracks() at the correct point.

Maybe in the future. ;)
Please do not give channelers autotrack

Tandrael

Post by Tandrael » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:24 am

Aloisa wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:17 am
Itesh wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:23 am

Maybe in the future. ;)
Please do not give channelers autotrack
+10000000000

Itesh

Post by Itesh » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:41 pm

We're not giving anyone autotrack, I was merely commenting on the ridiculous nature of life.

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:58 pm

Itesh wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:41 pm
We're not giving anyone autotrack, I was merely commenting on the ridiculous nature of life.
Well, there it is folks...hunters are being nerfed...

:P ;)

Masaj

Post by Masaj » Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:56 pm

Warriors feel pretty good right now. There are some weapons balance things that can happen in general, but adding more OB to warriors will just make that even harder because of the +5 OB innate.
Itesh wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:19 am
You're right, it's jolly hard to compare anything to autotrack when that's so useful.
It's also hard to compare because autotrack by itself also isn't doing all the work for you. It's tough to think of too many comparisons to that combination of useful that scales based on your actual skill.
Itesh wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:19 am
[*] We've discussed giving warriors and slight HP regen uptick (not to be cumulative with the warder one). So far no firm decisions have been made.
I would consider not touching regenerate. People are either going to not notice its impact (see also: +5 OB being brushed away as something insignificant) and continue complaining or it's going to be on par or close enough to warder to be over the top.

Giving warriors two lines of autotrack at like 98% track pracs might be something worth considering if/when we have access to that code. I practiced a 19 7 7 15 19 troll warrior as well as a 18 16 14 19 19 human warrior with this possibility in mind and the pracs basically work out so that you can play abs warrior with that on DS or a combo warrior on LS with that without pracs as good as hunters for combo.

The Impact:

- Hunters remain the most flexible in terms of pracs and particularly more effective in combo pracs.
- Warriors that go abs can easily afford the two lines on either side.
- Warriors that go combo on LS can afford it, but the pracs won't be that great -- the "third" warrior skill (charge, shield parry, whatever -- suffers and combo/attack set ups are just not viable at all if opting to use track). Is a little less tenable for trolloc warriors, but I don't think many play combo anyways.
- Difference between warriors and hunters essentially becomes basically 1-2 lines of autotrack, OB, and exactly where the practice flexibility is.

davee

Post by davee » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:32 pm

Id love to see a bit more damage mitigation... i barely notice it and so long as it isnt as crazy as it was and still only pve seems like a good fix to me