Why are absolutely any chances of enjoying PvE being destroyed?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
zankou

Re: Why are absolutely any chances of enjoying PvE being destroyed?

Post by zankou » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:26 am

I know, youre talking about a specific instance where a large and overpowered group decided to keep doing cityheads instead of ganking a few humans around whitebridge that were already fighting a few trollocs (whom never asked for help)

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:29 am

I don't know what you're talking about.

It's wild to me that every time we talk PK balance the same group of DS mains show up to derail the conversation with specific recent grievances and say everyone is being mean to them.

I think it's pretty fair to say that after several pages of this thread, of the people who posted, most people who prefer PvE apparently think the balance has shifted too far into PK. I don't think it's ruined or whatever, just shifted a little bit towards PK vs other playstyles.

They're being told they're just wrong by the same people who tend to be PKing them lol. I promise you that for the most part they're not shrugging and saying "ok guess I gotta learn PK better." In fact, many are specifically telling you they don't even like logging in anymore.

And that said I do appreciate the imms trying to encourage more RP and adding in the RP awards. I don't think things are that dire but I see what people are meaning.
Last edited by Reyne on Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

zankou

Post by zankou » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:35 am

Reyne wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:29 am
I don't know what you're talking about.

It's wild to me that every time we talk PK balance the same group of DS mains show up to derail the conversation with specific recent grievances and say everyone is being mean to them.
I think it's pretty fair to say that after several pages of this thread, of the people who posted most people who prefer PvE apparently think the balance has shifted too far into PK. They're being told they're just wrong by the same people who tend to be PKing them lol.
i like to think i am very well diversified in pk and pve, on both main sides. Up until a year or so ago i was a smobbit on lightside big time, before working on a ds char. I think i come at this whole situation from an objective view. PVE has never been easier, or more rewarding than it is now. There is less pk now, than ever (that i can remmeber since 03). I remember literally being farmed by ds when i was exping and smobbing on multiple alts. That simply doesnt happen anymore. LS is getting complacent. They are using the strategies of erulisse (gatesmobbing solo), or stabbing solo, or trying to hit everything with 2-3 people, and when they DO get hit, they have almost no chance. Warder pairs were incredibly strong, i have a bonded master sedai and bonded master warder, and they were too strong. I like the changes. The problem is that people leaned on that power, and now that it was dropped a little bit they cant handle it.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:37 am

There's truth to that.

It doesn't explain everyone though. It's just true that the heralds aren't worth doing anymore. Which should be disappointing given the work put in to create that system, no?

Was it too easy before? Maybe. I can see the imms seeing Eru getting to R8 that fast and being all "oh wait what." Now they're not really worth doing though; shifted a little too far the other way is all.

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:39 am

There are more PvE options than ever before. There are more ways to master now than ever before. With the implementation of the rpkudos system, there's even more rp qps available for everyone. This is all to say, I don't think we need to find more avenues for PvE. There have been balancing decisions made for top bonused characters, but PvE is still a very efficient path towards goals.

I would argue that it has become too efficient. I came back from a break in August, and I've never seen less pk. Fewer and fewer players opt in to pk, fewer and fewer players bother to defend their territories (Blight, Andor, etc.). Most days the best I can hope for is finding smobbers and forcing them to pk. Rarely do they decide to stick around. This is applicable to both sides.

I'd like to see efforts now to promote pk. I don't know the best path for that, what comes to mind is increased scalp awards and reduced PvE awards, but whatever it is I hope it happens soon. As is I don't enjoy playing the game, it's too much pve and solo play for me.
Last edited by Aloisa on Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

zankou

Post by zankou » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:40 am

Reyne wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:37 am
There's probably some truth to that.

It doesn't explain everyone though. It's just true that the heralds aren't worth doing anymore. Which should be disappointing given the work put in to create that system, no?

Was it too easy before? Maybe. I can see the imms seeing Eru getting to R8 that fast and being all "oh wait what." Now they're not really worth doing though; shifted a little too far the other way is all.
i absolutely agree. heralds should be reverted to the way they were. The cheaters dont play anymore, and warder sedai changes make it harder for them to just farm it up. and the limit of once per day also makes it more limiting. so people cant just farm their way to master.

zankou

Post by zankou » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:42 am

Aloisa wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:39 am
There are more PvE options than ever before. There are more ways to master now than ever before. With the implementation of the rpkudos system, there's even more rp qps available for everyone. This is all to say, I don't think we need to find more avenues for PvE. There have been balancing decisions made for top bonused characters, but PvE is still a very efficient path towards goals.

I would argue that it has become too efficient. I came back from a break in August, and I've never seen less pk. Fewer and fewer players opt in to pk, fewer and fewer players bother to defend their territories (Blight, Andor, etc.). Most days the best I can hope for is finding smobbers and forcing them to pk. Rarely do they decide to stick around. This is applicable to both sides.

I'd like to see efforts now to promote pk. I don't know the best path for that, what comes to mind is increased scalp awards and reduced PvE awards, but whatever it is I hope it happens soon. As is I don't enjoy playing the game, it's too much pve and solo play for me.
Changing kajins aggro would help a lot. i die more walking thru kajins room than to humans, and to be fair, ive single handedly mastered half of LS.

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:46 am

I realize this would be coding/fiddling maybe but:

What if smobs in PK zones loaded better than others (others should still be worth doing though) and the Blight status affects how the rewards pay out / award each side so as to incentivize the Struggle further?

I realize the heralds kind of do that and we're mad at them but could work just fine if there were still viable non-PK zones to smob in (just for less reward).

e: I wonder if also part of the issue is a lot of newer PvErs just don't know what options there are. Because it is true that there have been a lot of things added over the last few years.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:27 pm

Masaj wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:16 am
Here's a thought: why not just re-implement Heralds and specifically exclude Tower, Dragonsworn, and any other clan that has channelers with clanned weaves from awards on this type of stuff? We have a tendency to provide blanket solutions to specific problems.

The issue is always that if you make it easier for normal characters, you make it that much easier for the AS/Warder that are going to power farm. If you want to chill on LS and do Heralds and get rewards, maybe it should be a reward for contributing to the diversity of the game rather than exclusively for being on the best characters to power farm TPs/QPs on.

+1 - Could even maybe also base chance for award on how many *different* clans are represented. So, for example, if you're doing a smob in Illian and you have a Companion with you and you have members of three other clans in tow, it increases your odds.
Heralds were already done 95% by Tower groups even in their old form, so that wouldn't change a thing.

Your second idea quickly enter territory where mobol can't go. :P

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:30 pm

Reyne, Zankou is right. Most of those 1888 entries are from Baerlon. That can be done by 2-3.