Why are absolutely any chances of enjoying PvE being destroyed?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
zankou

Re: Why are absolutely any chances of enjoying PvE being destroyed?

Post by zankou » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:37 pm

Its kind of about perspective. If youre a master going for r8, youd want qps. However if youre a master trolloc trying to remort, those tps are GOLD.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:45 pm

Reyne wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:32 pm
Why'd the rewards for Masters get downed (apparently across the board for PvE stuff if we're counting heralds)? Kind of felt like a waste of time when I got nothing for flipping Baerlon and Jehanna.
We've been "fast tracking" people to master for a while, since that's where the bonuses came in. Fast tracking to rank 8 is unnecessary. People should be able to pull that off under their own steam. With the changes to damage being accumulated throughout the ranks, that might no longer be necessary tbh.

zankou

Post by zankou » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:53 pm

Elysia wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:45 pm
Reyne wrote:
Why'd the rewards for Masters get downed (apparently across the board for PvE stuff if we're counting heralds)? Kind of felt like a waste of time when I got nothing for flipping Baerlon and Jehanna.
We've been "fast tracking" people to master for a while, since that's where the bonuses came in. Fast tracking to rank 8 is unnecessary. People should be able to pull that off under their own steam. With the changes to damage being accumulated throughout the ranks, that might no longer be necessary tbh.

Yes please. qps for all~!!

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:55 pm

I see; so it was more than the R1-6 was getting a break on the QPs to make it easier to master and not that R7+ got downed.

I will have to incorporate Baerlon/Jehanna flippings into a larger smob path then. Thanks!
zankou wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:37 pm
Its kind of about perspective. If youre a master going for r8, youd want qps. However if youre a master trolloc trying to remort, those tps are GOLD.
That makes sense, too. TBH I die so much that I consider TPs to be worth nothing. I can't even get to 50 usually. But that's my own fault really.
Last edited by Reyne on Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:55 pm

Reyne wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:55 pm
I see; so it was more than the R1-6 was getting a break on the QPs to make it easier to master and not that R7+ got downed.
Exactly this.

Stomp

Post by Stomp » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:06 pm

Elysia wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:45 pm
Reyne wrote:
Exactly, only need to fast track to R6 now since it's same damage as R7. The damage gap between master and nonmaster not a 1k qps difference and only 400 qps! We certainly don't need more players getting to R8 and getting the most ridiculous bonus in the game of zone sense. Hey, how about we remove zone sense from R8?

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:20 pm

Reyne wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:55 pm

That makes sense, too. TBH I die so much that I consider TPs to be worth nothing. I can't even get to 50 usually. But that's my own fault really.
We must fix this, words of your victories must be spread!

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:22 pm

Stomp wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:06 pm
Exactly, only need to fast track to R6 now since it's same damage as R7. The damage gap between master and nonmaster not a 1k qps difference and only 400 qps! We certainly don't need more players getting to R8 and getting the most ridiculous bonus in the game of zone sense. Hey, how about we remove zone sense from R8?
Or leave it for certain clans/remorts, and replace it with something else worthy of R8 for others?

Or make it an expensive R8 bonus choice? The only bonus if chosen as R8 bonus?

Let's work towards different solutions instead of the good ol' "remove it!" and "add it!" :)

Stomp

Post by Stomp » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:27 pm

Kordin wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:22 pm
Stomp wrote:
Or leave it for certain clans/remorts, and replace it with something else worthy of R8 for others?

Or make it an expensive R8 bonus choice? The only bonus if chosen as R8 bonus?

Let's work towards different solutions instead of the good ol' "remove it!" and "add it!" :)
No just remove r8 zone sense. They have enough qps, they shouldn't need a free bad guy detector.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:09 pm

Stomp wrote:
Hey, how about we remove zone sense from R8?
See the discussions on Discord. No one's a real fan, but no one has thought of a good alternative yet, either. Although I did at one point suggest that having to pick between rooms with 40 free rent slots and zone sense might be a tough pick. :P Either way, several of the rank 8 perks already were downed, by merit of rerolls being less desirable, so I bet if we fiddle, we will swap things, not yoink.