Make all clanning requirements accessible

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Galowyn

Re: Make all clanning requirements accessible

Post by Galowyn » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:19 am

I would love this as it is quite difficult to work on making your self fulfil the requirements for the clan when you don't even know what the requirements are.

If possible can we update them on each clan's wiki page. Pretty sure all the clans are on the wiki they just have info that is probably really out of date. Some of the joining requirements are even on there already. The forum has a habit of things getting buried or going out of date and people not being around to update. The wiki should be easier to update / find and link to.

myzec

Post by myzec » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:31 am

How do you update the clan wiki. I could probably do all the dark side clans.

Galowyn

Post by Galowyn » Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:34 am

myzec wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:31 am
How do you update the clan wiki. I could probably do all the dark side clans.
Just head over to the wiki here: https://wotmud.fandom.com/wiki/Dark_Side_Clans
click on one of them and then hit edit in the top right. Will get a basic text editor and can throw all the deets in. You can get more fancy with it but no real need to.

Dha'Vol for example just has the ranks and nothing else in there. If you're not sure or you need an account or something I'm happy to update them for you. Just pm me the information for each clan and I can do it if that's easier. Same for all the other clans as well, I don't mind doing the updating / formatting I just would need the details.

Lamont

Post by Lamont » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:07 pm

No

Castien

Post by Castien » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:08 pm

Lamont wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:07 pm
No

Drybones

Post by Drybones » Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:41 pm

I think there should be a good mix in the game, which we have. But, activity is definitely an issue.

If you're a clan that accepts applications, they should be public knowledge. Hell, would be nice if some of those were automated into mobol.

For those clans that do have in-game mobol methods to join (e.g., KMG), they should be discoverable in game. The requirements should not be public knowledge, but some hints to get started are always nice.

If you're a clan that does not accept applications, and has no mobol to join, then that fact should be posted publicly. I'm not sure if clans like BT, WB, or TB fit into that category, but I'll never get back those hours I spent whispering sweet nothings to Elyas trying to trigger some mobol questline :shock: .

Reyne

Post by Reyne » Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:00 pm

Drybones wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:41 pm
but I'll never get back those hours I spent whispering sweet nothings to Elyas trying to trigger some mobol questline :shock: .
Glad it wasn't just me, then. :lol:

Kerryk

Post by Kerryk » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:16 pm

Illian Companions have wanted automated clanning into Companions for years

Fuujin

Post by Fuujin » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:06 am

Kerryk wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:16 pm
Illian Companions have wanted automated clanning into Companions for years
i believe imms have said that this is fully possible

Foil

Post by Foil » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:57 pm

Some people might find what I am about to say out of character, because I do think good ol boy systems are in place in alot of these clans, hidden and not.

No.

There is no reason for this. Quite literally no reason. If you are interested in a clan, reach out to said clan. Find out the clanning requirements. Complete requirements, get clanned.

"What if clan is inactive how will I know what to do?" Well if you have been actively seeking entrance into a clan and you cannot seem to locate a clan member no matter what you do. Figure out who the watcher is and mail them RPishly that you have interest in joining the clan.

If it's a hidden clan, make friends with the people you think are in it. Build a bond with them, over time perhaps they will divulge their secrets, perhaps they won't. If they choose not to, you probably didn't build enough trust and regardless if you knew the clanning requirements or not...you ain't getting in.

The great majority of bonused clans have votes for who joins, most of the requirements for joining those clans are pretty straight forward, usually one or two of those requirements is no straightforward. It is something that people can use to determine if you are a fit for them and people can use it to argue why you shouldn't be in the clan if they have an OOC issue with you. So no matter what your only real option to join the clan you want is to RP it, keep you alts hidden, build a bond with the people you want to join.

The imms can do whatever they want short of controlling clanning themselves, as long as clanning is done by the players through subjective trials it doesn't matter if you know what they are, because bad news....if you don't...even if you did....you ain't getting in.