Make all clanning requirements accessible

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Asandra

Make all clanning requirements accessible

Post by Asandra » Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:41 am

Hey,

I have a call to action: let's make all clanning requirements accessible and unambiguous!

Currently there are quite a few clans that are inactive, at least when I am up and about.
This makes it harder for people to get to know players in that clan and have some interaction to learn about the clanning requirements before "the letter".

How about having some mobol ingame with the up-to-date clanning requirements for clans? Or maybe a post here or in the help forum that is kept up to date?

I am thinking about -all- clans in this case, as even the secret clans should (in my eyes) have accessible and known clanning requirments.
Having to know people in a clan to even know how to clan is, in my eyes, a bit absurd and does not add anything extra.

Yes, a high bar is fine! But let the bar be known, visible and the same for everyone.

Gulwinid

Re: Make all clanning requirements accessible

Post by Gulwinid » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:42 am

Totally. Clan requirements should have been made transparent 10 years ago. For all clans, secret or no secret.

myzec

Post by myzec » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:55 am

I really like this idea. Do you think you could provide more detail on the types of information you were hoping for? Would it just be the clanning requirements or would it also be the process? I also think there is value in having a widely used rating scale to indicate skill levels required. For example 1-3 rating scale with 1 being we want highly skilled people 2 being moderately skilled and 3 being beginner level. We could have this rating scale for pk skill, rp skill, game knowledge, friendliness ect An example would be the wisdoms, while they have some skilled pkers but their focus was always about rp skill, friendliness and game knowledge.

Fuujin

Post by Fuujin » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:48 pm

Totally in favor of this, I can post the DoTS clanning reqs and process later as it's simple. I also like Myzec's idea of ranking various attributes, perhaps even differentiating between what a clan expects you to come in with to what we want you to be at as a baseline. for example DoTS will take complete PK newbs, but as a PK clan we expect people to get to a certain level

livendros

Post by livendros » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:55 pm

Good luck.

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:45 pm

Wiki has on some, but not all. Can be added by anyone who has the correct info IIRC.

I.E. for info Lumis - https://wotmud.fandom.com/wiki/Illuminators

Rhahr

Post by Rhahr » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:54 pm

Didn't we have a thread with this already? Might be buried down the pages, think it listed most justice clan requirements. Could be it was on old boards, been a while.

Nylen

Post by Nylen » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:19 pm

Rhahr wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:54 pm
Didn't we have a thread with this already? Might be buried down the pages, think it listed most justice clan requirements. Could be it was on old boards, been a while.
This thread?

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=1860

Might be worth having someone that knows what they're doing check the wiki to make sure as much of this is on there as possible, and/or that it's up-to-date.

myzec

Post by myzec » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:27 pm

I know it’s probably not easy but it would be awesome if you could see how many members from each clan logged in over the last month. There could also be a section if they are actively recruiting.

Rhahr

Post by Rhahr » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:37 pm

Nylen wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:19 pm
Rhahr wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:54 pm
This thread?

viewtopic.php?f=76&t=1860

Might be worth having someone that knows what they're doing check the wiki to make sure as much of this is on there as possible, and/or that it's up-to-date.
Thats the one, listed a fair few of the active clans at the time. To the secret clans, I think it is up to them if they wish to step forward and post what they look for. But its probably a good idea to have the regular clans posted somewhere for newer players :)