The Wheel of TIme Season 1 Episode 4 "The Dragon Reborn" Discussion

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Rark

Re: The Wheel of TIme Season 1 Episode 4 "The Dragon Reborn" Discussion

Post by Rark » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:19 am

We'll probably find out Liandrin released her shield or weakened it on purpose, or so I hope. Liked the episode a lot, definitely my favourite one so far and I had goosebumps throughout, so am just nitpicking a bit. I felt when Kerene died Stepin should've gone into the berserk frenzy and died. I'd love to see more Warders fighting other soldiers to show that they are in another class and can win against many on their own, not just with Aes Sedai blowing things up. Really liked Liandrin and Alanna too, hope we see more of them.

I liked how they made Saidin have the taint, will be interesting to see it later down the road or at least I'm assuming the black colours are the taint, but I guess it could just be to differentiate the two sides more. What I'd really like to see and had hoped to see a bit of here, was more fastpaced channeling, it all seems so slow, stand around for a while and wait for your silver magic to swirl around you. Had hoped for something almost akin to how they did some of the fight scenes between Wizards in harry potter with a lot of flinging spells at each other. I guess it might pick up when there are more MCs/Forsaken etc. fights going around and when the audience has gotten more used to channeling, can't have enough screen time to show them all glaring at each other for five minutes :)

But definitely feels like it is picking up, now that they've introduced the characters and don't have to rely on tooooo much exposition.

Dinuc

Post by Dinuc » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:22 am

Ok thanks Ashlee that does make sense. So Logain was referring to Moraines earlier words. Rather then being literal about seeing the sun.

Ashlee

Post by Ashlee » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:52 am

Dinuc wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:22 am
Ok thanks Ashlee that does make sense. So Logain was referring to Moraines earlier words. Rather then being literal about seeing the sun.
That was my take at least, I could be totally wrong.

***BOOKS SPOILER****

There are a few speculating that it could also be Logain seeing Nynaeve as a taveren, since he had that Talent. But that would require making Nynaeve the fourth tavern from EF (since the show upped it from three to four).

My bigger take away is that there is a TON of subtlety to the show that helps to bridge the lore gap
Last edited by Ashlee on Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rark

Post by Rark » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:20 pm

Unsure about that, Logain looks like he is shielding his eyes as if he is seeing the weaves themselves and they are so bright he can't look at her. If it is her being ta'veren then shouldn't he have noticed her right away and not after she starts channeling. I guess it is more dramatic that way if he also sees it instead of just standing there looking bored.

halfhand

Post by halfhand » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:45 pm

One possibility is that in the books, (BOOK SPOILER) Males can feel female channeling due to their skin prickling, but because we need more of a visual cue, they can see the glow but not the weaves (/BOOK SPOILER)

Simeon

Post by Simeon » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:43 pm

i appreciate everyone being so positive about this show. i am thankful we got screen time

Simeon

Post by Simeon » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:03 pm

so they stilled logain?

Nevirha

Post by Nevirha » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:15 pm

Simeon wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:03 pm
so they stilled logain?
Logain was gentled (cut off from the source) at the end of EP4, yes.

Re: Logain/Nynaeve (BOOK SPOILERS)

It's also possible that because Nynaeve heals with all 5 powers, she made some light around herself that Logain saw. She doesn't really know what she's doing at this point - just anger healing, so I wouldn't be totally surprised if she randomly made a big blinding light.(/BOOK SPOILERS)

Fuujin

Post by Fuujin » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:55 pm

there was a ton to like about this episode, imo, stuff I loved, what most of y'all covered, but the thing I think I enjoyed the most was the intimacy between warders in those scenes with Nynaeve et al. The two warders cuddlin' each other by the fire was just so cute and I loved that

Jestin

Post by Jestin » Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:41 pm

That was the debut of Davor and Vilac onscreen