LS remort idea: Heroes of the Horn

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Callesa

LS remort idea: Heroes of the Horn

Post by Callesa » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:05 am

I surely cannot be the first one to come with this, the idea looks so obvious now. Not sure of course what you'll say about the gameplay and implementation aspects of this. But we really could do with a non DS remort for the high achievers.

How about a cool LS remort of the HEROES OF THE HORN?

Similarly to the already known remorts, it would be for people either already in clans or unclanned, gathering some Hero Points through pk and heroic deeds (such as leading groups to raid DS cities, leading groups on such missions with their clan, and so on. It should not be just for top solo stabbers). After the remort, they could be part of a new clan, Heroes of the Horn. Whether or not you'd like to include channelers, that is a question. Bookishly, I don't think there are any on the known heroes list, and seriously an Aes Sedai with high rank bonuses is enough imho. https://wot.fandom.com/wiki/Horn_of_Val ... f_the_Horn

What bonuses can I imagine:

1.ENTER CIRCLE OF LIGHT AT WILL, with all equipment
-this would reflect the being rewowen thing
-it is a nice bonus for moving around but without a group, to get pracs etc. perhaps might require no no quit
-perhaps they should have clan rooms in the Circle

2.ASSISTED BY ALL LS MOBS, or at least all that assist any ls, perhaps not wolves
-they are Heroes, of course everybody wants to help
-a great bonus in towns and villages, but not likely to change pk in main pk zones
-it would also make up for the fact that the Hero would leave the original clan, they'd be sort of "clanned" everywhere, as far as mobs are concerned

3.either right away some master/rank 8 bonuses, or let people re-earn them, like in the DS remots (to my limited knowledge, I don't have one).

What do you think? Was it already proposed and not realistic for some reason? Would you like that?

Katherine

Re: LS remort idea: Heroes of the Horn

Post by Katherine » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:51 pm

As a LS player, I want to blow the Horn of Valere and summon any heroes in the Circle of Light zone to my location.
Acceptance Criteria:
- A unique "horn" item should be available and obtainable in the world through the "Hunters of the Horn" questline which begins in Illian and ends near the border of Malkier and Shienar
- When the horn is used, it teleports any online "heroes" in the Circle of Light to the users location
- The horn must be lootable by DS to keep it out of the hands of LS. Perhaps the horn can provide a malus to LS when carried by DS.

Sadly, I doubt this would get implemented, but the remort idea sounds interesting. It would be even more interesting to use the remort to permanently alter alts in a way that they cant be used normally in the world anymore. So its a way to retire old alts with honor so players can start new ones almost like a kind of "permadeath with benefits". Like retiring a jersey number on a sports team.

Callesa

Post by Callesa » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:03 pm

While I see why the honorable permadeth might be even more rpish, I think it goes against the very sense of having an LS remort.

The goal is not to make people start from zero and make their favourite char useless. It is to give an alternative to the high achievers, to have another path than just being a Darkfriend. To give them something fun to play, something unique, something special enough to be worth it. If it is a honorable permadeth, it is worthless for this, because they can start new alts without this too. And the only fun remorts to play would be still the damn darkfriends.

The problem is, that there is nothing to balance out the prestige and fun of being a myrdraal/grayman/dreadlord. An honorable permadeth is not that. Playing a Hero of the Horn with some unique perks could be.

Yes, they would be out even without the Horn being sound (like Birgitte). But with the right entrance conditions and bonus/limits balance, they could stay rare enough. And it would mean that the high achievers would not all become known Darkfriends.
Last edited by Callesa on Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Katherine

Post by Katherine » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:20 pm

Callesa wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:03 pm
Yes, they would be out even without the Horn being sound (like Birgitte). But with the right entrance conditions and bonus/limits balance, they could stay rare enough. And it would mean that the high achievers would not all become known Darkfriends.
*spoiler*

Birgitte was rarer than rare and may have been outright unique. She was expelled from the world of dreams into the physical world by a forsaken using extraordinary power. Also, the implication of her being expelled from the world of dreams is that she would not be able to be reborn ever again (literary permadeath).

Its common for the heroes to be reborn as normal people in the physical world and then /sometimes/ they go on and live glorious lives. Most of the time, they just lead normal, boring lives like everyone never aware while they are alive of their past lives until they die and return to Tel'aran'rhiod. I think that's what you meant, but just making it clear that Birgitte is not that kind of example.

Perhaps on the LS side, there could be a clan set up for this sort of purpose similar to how DS have different clans for their remort alts.

Katherine

Post by Katherine » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:21 pm

Callesa wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:03 pm
I was thinking the horn would be sort of a perk in pk or while smobbing rather than a requirement. Sort of like a travel bonus of heroes to help other people out when they need it....similar to fading.

Nunzio

Post by Nunzio » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:06 pm

I’m liking this idea. Perhaps the condition for entering CoL is they need to be full health. A blow of the horn (it disintegrates upon blowing and can be blown once per boot?) ports them to your room full health/mvs.

Atkins

Post by Atkins » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:26 pm

Hero of the age.
Perks, can fear ds and never die in the ways.

Kordin

Post by Kordin » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:52 am

Atkins wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:26 pm
Hero of the age.
Small dogs also never pee on them.

Nunzio

Post by Nunzio » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:17 am

Kordin wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:52 am
Atkins wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:26 pm
Hero of the age.
Small dogs also never pee on them.
Or hump them