LS remort idea: Heroes of the Horn

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Kordin

Re: LS remort idea: Heroes of the Horn

Post by Kordin » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:41 pm

Callesa wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:44 am
Why should it be on the no way in hell list?
Unless things have changed, LS remorts are on the NWIH list. If memory serves, it's due to having Aes Sedai and Warders, Wolfbros, Kin and all the spicy and cool (over)bonused clans.

So DS got Fades and DLs as remorts.

SS can drawl and have lacquered nails. But also flying mounts and funny pets...not talking about damane here...that bird-thing that brings you food...

But other things were on NWIH list and then weren't...so...

Callesa

Post by Callesa » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:58 pm

Kordin wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:41 pm
Callesa wrote:
Unless things have changed, LS remorts are on the NWIH list. If memory serves, it's due to having Aes Sedai and Warders, Wolfbros, Kin and all the spicy and cool (over)bonused clans.

SS can drawl and have lacquered nails. But also flying mounts and funny pets...not talking about damane here...that bird-thing that brings you food...

If it is already NWIH, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out. But should it really be?

DS got Fades, DLs, and Graymen as remorts, and a huge help in the current known Darkfriends (basically a DS clan with bonuses like clanned weaves and master bonuses).

LS got Aes Sedai-Warders, with a pretty useless bond (and with many of our former advantages being downed), and the secret clans that don't really have the similar purpose. DS profits from every person trying to remort (whether they succeed or not), does LS profit from people trying to clan Kin or Black Talon?

livendros

Post by livendros » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:12 pm

I'm not sure the last time I tried. If you have a buffer let them buff while you blind the minions then take out a minion one at a time. If you can blind the super mob start with that one. I haven't had need to hit that one in a long time so I could be misremembering if it can be blinded.

Lunabelle

Post by Lunabelle » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:17 pm

Callesa wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:58 pm
Kordin wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:41 pm
Callesa wrote:

If it is already NWIH, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out. But should it really be?

DS got Fades, DLs, and Graymen as remorts, and a huge help in the current known Darkfriends (basically a DS clan with bonuses like clanned weaves and master bonuses).

LS got Aes Sedai-Warders, with a pretty useless bond (and with many of our former advantages being downed), and the secret clans that don't really have the similar purpose. DS profits from every person trying to remort (whether they succeed or not), does LS profit from people trying to clan Kin or Black Talon?
No Way In Hell List.
These are things that have been proposed and shot down in the past, and are suggestions that the staff consider will never happen in WoTmud. Basically these topics are not open to discussion, so don't even bother (re)suggesting them.

Removal of all global channels, addition of official [OOC] channel or [clan] channel.
Instead of a choosable channeler class have a random % chance that a character discovers they can channel
Any similar random % 'features' that a character discovers they have (exception being character stats)
Merc mud features: gtell (group tell), sacrifice/junk, split gold/eq
Hiding of all point-based statistics like hps, moves, stats, etc. using qualifying adjectives like high, low, etc.
Making characters immune from getting PK'd (flags, special clans, newbies, whatnot)
Downloadable release of WoTmud
A permanent "deathmatch arena" set of zones with different rules and conditions to the rest of the mud, running inside the main mud
Buyable player safe rooms, e.g. 'houses'. Customized generic rooms, custom clan rooms, clanlevel 8 rooms etc. are ok.
Ability to rename your character at will, or to delete your character.
Removal of all deathtraps from the game.
Creation of dreadguards, a login darkside channeler class.
Dual wield weapons
Isle of madmen to become PC MC-friendly
Trollocs having even MORE moves by being able to ride cows, horses, donkeys, whatever.
Permanent double exp
Playerwipe
YOU MAY NOT RENT STORE A UNIQUE

List subject to change.

Callesa

Post by Callesa » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:41 pm

livendros wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:12 pm
I'm not sure the last time I tried. If you have a buffer let them buff while you blind the minions then take out a minion one at a time. If you can blind the super mob start with that one. I haven't had need to hit that one in a long time so I could be misremembering if it can be blinded.
I think it really has been some time, since you tried. It's not just about the smobs usually being too high level for blind, but many of the rooms are noblind/hardblind. Not sure now about Belroi, but we are talking about more than that.

I am not saying there is absolutely no strategy to do it. There is. But compared to what fun it clearly used to be, it is rather annoying now, hard, time consuming, and really not an advantage (rather the opposite) compared to smobbing in a pair with various other types of character. The bonded pair was supposed to be the superior option, not the inferior one.

Not sure why I get the patronising response. Not saying there is no way at all, but I am definitely saying that the "bonuses" to becoming an Aes Sedai-Gaidin pair are definitely much worse than they used to be, they are not as superior as they used to be (while people keep claiming they are the wonderful goal for advanced players), and are not at all adequate compared to the maluses and all the effort invested into those two characters.

livendros

Post by livendros » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:10 pm

Callesa wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:41 pm
livendros wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:12 pm
I think it really has been some time, since you tried. It's not just about the smobs usually being too high level for blind, but many of the rooms are noblind/hardblind. Not sure now about Belroi, but we are talking about more than that.

I am not saying there is absolutely no strategy to do it. There is. But compared to what fun it clearly used to be, it is rather annoying now, hard, time consuming, and really not an advantage (rather the opposite) compared to smobbing in a pair with various other types of character. The bonded pair was supposed to be the superior option, not the inferior one.

Not sure why I get the patronising response. Not saying there is no way at all, but I am definitely saying that the "bonuses" to becoming an Aes Sedai-Gaidin pair are definitely much worse than they used to be, they are not as superior as they used to be (while people keep claiming they are the wonderful goal for advanced players), and are not at all adequate compared to the maluses and all the effort invested into those two characters.
It has been obvious for some time that the staff has wanted to push away from solo and Duo super mobbing or at least make it discouraged. I feel you on that it is quite aggravating because I generally like to play on my own time I don't like to get involved with anyone else so that way when I want to just rent I can just go do it and no one else is relying on me. It is also become readily apparent that someone or someones upstairs is really horny for upping Rogues or just making this backstab mud. It's my least favorite thing about this game right now.