Any solid quality WoT fan fiction that you recommend?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Ylsa

Any solid quality WoT fan fiction that you recommend?

Post by Ylsa » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:30 pm

Hi, I know we have the new series, and there are many things we will keep guessing and discussing for decades.But one of today's chat discussions (the one that started about impossibility of paper money and got to whether or not is the Tower also running the continent's economy in some ways) reminded me, that I've alwas really wanted to know: what happened next?

We were supposed to get a Seanchan focused spin off, had Robert Jordan not died, too bad it didn't get done by Sanderson too, based on notes and made parts.

But there is much more. We got a wonderful and epic last battle, but what next? Does Elayne's plan on uniting Andor and Cairhien and everything work? What about the White Tower vs the Seanchan? How do they react to the truth of the sul'dam? How do Rand's kids turn out? Will they all be super channelers? Which of the futures of the Aiel really happens? Will the research non-One Power academy founded by Rand survive? Will the One Power be lost in the new Age? Or will it be a renewed Gold age, with the male and female channelers working together?

So many questions. I wonder, there are fan fictions about anything somewhere on the internet. In general, many are not too good, but there are usually some jewels. Any you would recommend? Any fan fiction that is fun, reasonably well written, and would give a glimpse on what happens next?

Ominas

Re: Any solid quality WoT fan fiction that you recommend?

Post by Ominas » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:04 pm

We have a roleplay forum. Halfhand wrote some pretty epic stories like about the Trolloc Wars. I’d recommend searching his name.

Ylsa

Post by Ylsa » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:01 am

I know and I love it! The specific thing I am looking for are stories after AMOL, to satisfy my "but what happens next?" curiosity.
(And yes, I am looking forward to read Halfhand's thing, it got high on my reading list!)

So far, I've found this, that I loved:
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6108216/1/ ... er-of-Mine It is a short story about Mat in Seanchan and it is excellent. It really feels as if it was written by RJ, the author keeps the style, the personalities, and so on. It is a rather sad version of the future, but realist, where the Seanchan doesn't change at all.

And I have found this, and am looking forward to it: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13406917/1 ... and-Pevara
It might be great and it is longer.

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:42 am

Ah yeah sorry man. I don’t really read fanfic outside of what’s posted here so I can’t help there. Looking forward to seeing your own stories and logs posted though.