What times of the day are better-without MCs?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Callesa

Re: What times of the day are better-without MCs?

Post by Callesa » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 am

It usually does. Just it seems like a streak of bad luck and I was really thinking it was over with a wave of DFs ending. But it won't end. Why do DFs play at my times and not in the night instead? They would have more targets.

Btw I got killed in the same zone again, I dared to get out of the coach there :-D This time Seanchan, which is legit.

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:05 pm

Ylsa wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:47 am
Well, it just feels weird that I should give up just because I play in a wrong time zone and because others get the only possible high end goals by damaging me. It is so fun to play in the night, with a better balanced who list, just not too practical.
When I came back in the spring of 2018, I was a player who would die anytime anyone decided to kill me. I had never really learned to pk, I was an rper who did a little bit of pking before a 6 year break. I came back because I wanted to learn how to pk, and I have since spent an embarrassing amount of time learning how to do it. I'm saying this to say it's very possible to improve, to learn how pk works and get to the point where you can almost always live. It takes time, energy, and thought, but there are many people in this game who will help you learn if you'd like to. For me, I wanted to experience a side of the game that I hadn't. That side of the game is what has ended up capturing my attention and keeping me here since I came back. I really encourage you to give it a shot, which will mean working at it and dying a lot. At the worst you'll learn some tricks to survive, at the best you'll find an entirely new reason to play.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:57 pm

Ylsa wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:10 am
Honestly, after what happened on Eldrenia's quest, I am scared of mine, I will probably stay rank 6 forever, in spite of having the quest points. I suck as a player, what chances do I have, when some DF appears either due to my usual bad luck or on purpose? There was also an interesting point at the Eldrenia Master Quest thread, before it was locked: someone proposed that she should have gotten a better group. I was in that group, and I know damn well I am not a good pker. You know why I was there and not a top player instead of me? The time. Eldrenia was playing when I was playing. So, she picked from a Who list that was slightly better for pk than what I've just copy pasted from the game. I will probably have to play at 4am to get a group.
The biggest enemy you have in this case, is fear itself, then, because I wasn't planning on giving anything like hers. I'm currently still making up a mini-zone in my head prior to building, but if you do decide to step away, please let me know.

Bryan

Post by Bryan » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:55 pm

Beyond the good advice the others have given (there is definitely such a thing as getting over-invested and ending up burnt out), make sure you’re checking for rats/ravens/crows and not letting them follow you. And, vary where you run to. Cairhien road is tough because it’s so narrow, but it does have a few paths.

When I was a Darkfriend, my main tools for hunting people were:
1. Where. Darkfriends no longer have this, which makes their life much harder.
2. Rats/Ravens. They continually report your exact location.
3. Locate. But this only gives zone and not exact location.
4. People running in the most obvious direction. Very easy to catch someone running in a predictable direction/path.
5. Lastly, track. Which is rather slow on a channeler like Lisennet, so not all that effective at chasing.