What times of the day are better-without MCs?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Xephiroth

Re: What times of the day are better-without MCs?

Post by Xephiroth » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:59 pm

langois wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:00 pm
They seem to hang out near lugard. Xephiroth will tail off because they are pretty brutal at pk and you can’t smob/quest your way to remort from the known flag.
Just learn your spams. Check where. Don’t engage if you aren’t interested.
Are you saying I am not good at Pk?

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:18 pm

I mean they aren’t wrong Torag. I don’t know them so maybe I’m missing something. But I don’t see what they are saying as a personal attack. Common sense dictates that those who want to succeed, pk like “chicken shits.” It is boring and those who are pursuing their goals in this way likely will not complete it. They added something to the thread, unlike some. Even if it’s just perspective, it’s valuable.

I very much doubt they are enjoying themselves. The dfs I mean. It’s a chore to reach a goal. It can’t be fun for anyone. I wouldn’t do it.

I’m not sure how you navigate the df system any other way though to be fair to immortals and players. This is the easiest way to ensure that we only get a few through. Imagine if all of those who have the flag right now pushed through. It would be detrimental to the game.

Maybe hold weekly tallies on the IMM side. Those who roleplayed and turned in the most scalps get a bonus.

Give them weekly targets where they can choose to work together or alone. “Kill xyz (king, queen, whatever) and report back to the dark one (Imm).

Give them optional bonuses for scalps. For instance if they are in the north and a player runs into FD, and they chase inside and kill them, give them an extra few with the turn in of a log. Or whatever

This would make the experience more immersive and give players reasons to compete, and put themselves in more dangerous situations, while benefiting them as well. There are things we can do from the imm side to kind of force their hands so to speak.

The process is tedious enough and doesn't need more restrictions. Those who are going to drop out won’t be able to compete and would likely do so anyway.

Vannor

Post by Vannor » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:24 pm

Unknown DF isint exactly difficult, but it's not a cakewalk either. Especially as unknown DF MC.

Mindful of how the DF process impacts enjoyment of others I actively just did my time with an aim to ensure I helped out DS without chortlesnorfling over LS. I didn't report smob groups, I didn't try to fk people's chrs over.

I may have opened doors I was meant to be spamming closed for DS to get away, or killed all the horse loads, that kind of thing.

Known MC DF, yeah the easy way is to just prac sleepstab, but it's;

a) boring
b) even more unhealthy for LS

I don't target newbies or actively go after them. If I see an alt 30+ and don't know who they are, of course I'll go and try to kill them. But if it's obvious after the fact they're a newbie I'll just leave them alone after that.

I'd they're newish but actively participating in PK, yes I will try to kill them. But then also give them tips and things after the fact to help them improve. I almost never loot (read: not returning. I don't need a shadow warrant on top of everything else.)

Known DF isint easy, and anyone claiming it is, is probably out of touch. Everything in the game bar a handful of things aggroes you, and aggroes you much faster than anyone else.

The fact it's as hard as it is, means you will be known for a long time before you make it or burn out. I think the maths is something like 1200 normal qps, assuming you don't die. (Spoiler alert: you will die)

Nobody is looking to extend their time as a known DF, so yes conservative play is the smart choice. When the odds are more in favour of losing 2qps vs potentially earning 3, risk assessment becomes everything.

Dozens of people have messaged me IG and on Discord with their opinions on unknown/known. We are constantly providing feedback to staff.

I think unknown is in a good place at the moment. Known probably needs tweaking, but I couldn't say how.

Torag

Post by Torag » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:00 pm

Magdan wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:58 pm
Everyone has an asshole, or an opinion one of those. :twisted: I mean what can I say, I'm glad they play at any rate. We need more players not less. Just cause I don't agree with how some people play. Or it's not akin to my needs as I play. Doesn't mean they shouldn't enjoy playing the way they want to. Just like this stryker guy I fought yesterday. Man that guy was such a complete coward lol. Dude ran from tv, to wg, to ef wg, to chico on foot, to wg, to blight, then sat in akkad. All the while making silly rude emotes. Because he didn't want or like to pk charge I'm guessing? Dude was resting in a charge room and got charged. Then he whined like the biggest lil bitch and ran for his life popping vials all along the way. Instead of simply fighting. If your fighting me solo I attempt very few charges. I'm charge because the game loves rogues right now up north. Which is where I pk. I still died to a perfectly timed flee stab the other day. Because hey that's life.
Man the level of arrogance and the lack of self awareness of a post like this blows the mind.

You keep complaining across multiple forums of elitism, and in the next breath display the exact negative tendancies of those you rail against, the irony is palpable.

Magdan

Post by Magdan » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:08 pm

Hey buddy get off deez nutz if you don’t like the flavor. Just like your opinion I find utterly worthless. You apparently don’t like mine.

Torag

Post by Torag » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:13 pm

Magdan wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:08 pm
Hey buddy get off deez nutz if you don’t like the flavor. Just like your opinion I find utterly worthless. You apparently don’t like mine.
Don't like being called on your contradictions or your aggressive attacking posts? Is this the part where you pretend to be the victim again?

Magdan

Post by Magdan » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:14 pm

Yawns 🥱

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:55 pm

You’re all so quick to dung on everyone who plays the game to try and achieve some sort of goal. Who cares if there’s a bunch of darkfriends, known or unknown. At least they’re broadening their horizons and actually gaining the experience and knowledge that comes with playing the character, rather than acting like you assholes and jumping down your throat about unfair bonuses or whatever the firetruck else that you have no idea about. Do us all a favor and shut the hell up, Christ.

isabel

Post by isabel » Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:17 am

I can't figure out who Rig is talking to but I have to beat his post count so I can meet my goal and broaden my horizons.

Tandrael

Post by Tandrael » Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:15 am

My main problem with the Known DFs is their ratio to the rest of the ls wholist during my normal playtime. Like Callesa, it’s hard to get much accomplished when you have to worry about 1-3 ds and 1-3 df mcs with with a total wholist of 11 (1-3 df mcs, 1-4 statters, 2-4 ls of pkable levels who are afk, not pkers, or trying to do their own thing). I like the potential of danger on the MUD. I don’t like the feeling that I’m so alone that I can’t get anything not related to pking df mcs done.

I’d like to make it clear that I don’t blame Vannor, Faiz, Teveyl, or Xephiroth. I’ve fought them all, died to two of them, and killed none of them. They haven’t fought me in a way that I’ve considered lame once. I haven’t felt griefed or harassed. It’s not their fault that the current situation isn’t very fun, and I actually think most of them are trying to make it at least a little fun. The situation is just less than ideal.