What times of the day are better-without MCs?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Callesa

What times of the day are better-without MCs?

Post by Callesa » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:07 am

Really, it is getting very frustrating. In the times I play, there are few players, but one third of the who list are usually the df MCs. Are there any times of the day, in which playing might be more fun? I am tired of them simply ruining everything all the time. I am really looking forward to them remorting, perhaps they'll stay in the north or play less. Are there any times, that are not 4am for me, at which I might actually just play the game without dying all the time to these parasites? The exp trainer in Andor is counterproductive, they just use that as bait. There are simply far too many of them, they cover my whole playing time.

And no, I cannot just "be better at pk", just like I cannot get a nobel prize. I am playing mostly non Pk on purpose, I'm not a Red. I am ok with dying rather often but sick and tired of these parasites showing every single time!!!

Just remort them already, so they get inactive like most dreadlords. They are destroying the game.

/end rant

Meren

Re: What times of the day are better-without MCs?

Post by Meren » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:10 am

I can't help you get better at fighting, but it is well worth learning as many no-channels as you can. Caemlyn NE Tower, 2n of WB n gate, the exp statue in Braem tunnels, all useful.

I have tried to argue against the current known DF reward scheme as the way things are...they're going to be around a while, and I feel they're horrible for the MUD environment.

matheus

Post by matheus » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:57 am

Playing a DF MC is one of the easiest - if not the easiest path to remort. You can murder and you get where. Most will go to DL then quit in a week or two. But I agree, it can become annoying when DS is already outnumbering you because they only come south of DF when ganking, and on top of it they have a channeler/spy.

Maybe in the next few weeks our player base can all be DF MCs and Trolloc rogues. I’m so excited.

Callesa

Post by Callesa » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:00 am

Yeah, for me it's not about that much eq, even though I had to reeq a dozen times in a few days and I lost almost everything I got from Jak. The main problem is Exp. It's hard on an FC, and half my exp runs end in loss of exp.

No channels are good, the only problem is that I am useless without weaves too, all they need is to melee, even with solid dodge on me. It would just take a bit longer

The annoying part is the typical who list at absolutely any time of my day, that is not between 1am-6am, is like this:

Players
-------
Averi of Tarabon
Griz of Illian
Xephiroth the Shady Merchant (Known Darkfriend) WANTED(MC)
Lord Matheus the Lieutenant [Shienaran Lancer] (Linkless) (Idle)
Lark of Two Rivers
Teveyl of Tarabon (Known Darkfriend) WANTED(MC)
Jemm of the Malkieri Diaspora
Safyre of Illian
Callesa the Elder Sister [Brown Ajah]
Karens of Tarabon
Geoff the Under-Lieutenant [Queen's Guard]
Bakara of the Malkieri Diaspora (Linkless) (Idle)
12 players displayed.

2 DF MCs out of 12 players (11 without ld), it's sometimes Vannor instead of one of these two, then a few clanneds, a few statters, and of course sometimes add Zankou as another MC. Plus sometimes a not outed MC. So, the total list is like 15 players, 2-4 are MCs.

It is damn annoying that I have zero chance to meet most clans on my non-clanned alts, small chance to get a real smob group, and anytime I try to at least exp, I get killed. I don't even feel like trying anymore, there are good reasons why I clanned Brown and not Red, I love to explore, not solo pk MCs. I was planning to have some fun with the gate weave, but that's worthless due to this as well.

FCs get criticised all the time, ideas for even further downing are a normal part of the discussion. When several female characters enter group pk in the north, DS immediately complain that they won't fight 5FCs (the funny part: three of those females were not channies). But right now, we are being ruled by a crowd of MCs!

Something is wrong.

Vannor

Post by Vannor » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:31 am

I agree known is bad for the health of the game, maybe there is an argument for fast tracking us but anything I'd have to say about it would appear self serving.

Unfortunately as it stands the only way to progress is to kill ALOT of people.

Xephiroth

Post by Xephiroth » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:44 am

Relax, I've been 'known' for less than 24 hours :D. ooc: How about this: after I kill you once I will leave you alone assuming you do the same ;) I don't want to make anyone have a sucky time playing.

Callesa

Post by Callesa » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:50 am

I see your point. I don't mind a lot of things, being killed a lot is a part of the game, but this is really annoying as it is too much. The main progress activity for the most powerful characters in the game is to treat a a major exp zone, lugard market, and other such things (important to non pkers too) as a bait, and to do it all day long.

If I may propose partial solutions, that would make this more bearable:

1.Shorten the same side noquit. It is very annoying. Even if you manage to run away and survive, even if you didn't mean to pk, it limits you.

2.Change Gate, so that I lose the gatecodes for example with every reprac, not with every death. I wanted to enjoy this very expensive weave, but cannot, because I lose gatecodes a few times a day.

3.More exp scalp mobs, and in a few more places. Make it less obvious for MCs to just hit the serpents/wolves zone west of WB. Or seriously up the exp on the traditional exp mobs, so that it is not that painful to exp the way we have always been meant to. Don't get me wrong, I love the personal trainer, but it is now a trap. And exp the normal way (=with another player while exploring various zones) should not be so much inferior to this.

4.Make the Lugard Market no channel and with guards. It makes no sense to let the Known Darkfriends use it, especially as a trap for people carrying heavy expensive items for sell.

5.Scouting mobs in Andor. Similar to those in the Borderlands. Warn people Known Darkfriends are near them.
Last edited by Callesa on Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frey

Post by Frey » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:51 am

Until recently it wasn't a huge problem... but the fact that there have been 5 DFs to go known in the last month or so?? That's a ton. Really skews the balance on LS. It's unfortunate that it seems they all reached about the same point in the process all at the same time.

Faiz

Post by Faiz » Sun Oct 31, 2021 12:42 pm

Personally for me hititng non-pkers all the time is zero fun. The system is set up though such that if we go into normal pk we likely irritate both sides.

If we did not respond to k light and did not have access to LS narrates I think it would be better. A little mob support like darkhounds assisting would be good too.

Callesa, consider playing a darkfriend yourself. There is a discord group you can join and the process up to known is really a huge amount of smobbing and questing which you may find fun to do. Once known you have a lot of bonuses to continue doing whatever you feel like. No real compulsion to pk.

Aloisa

Post by Aloisa » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:05 pm

Known DF is bad for the game and it doesn't show that the people who manage to remort will make good remorts. The only conclusion I can come to is that Known is a way to make sure most DFs don't ever remort. The downside of that is it makes play less fun for people.

I'm a Red, most of these MCs don't want to fight me. Why not? They might lose, and that's counter productive when they have reduced rewards and loss of qps on death.

Get rid of Known, let people be bad remorts. All the bad DLs stop playing anyway