What times of the day are better-without MCs?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
zankou

Re: What times of the day are better-without MCs?

Post by zankou » Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:52 am

I personally think that this is similar to all changes. Some will like them, some will complain. Its also similar to rogues, some like them some hate them, some complain they ruin pk etc etc. Some claim channelers are too strong, some say they are too weak. There is literally no way everyone will be happy unless we are given exactly the same stats, same hp rolls, same eq, and put in a 9x9 box with no mobs and go at it. There's literally no way to make things perfect, and sometimes, im annoyed because there's 1 or 2 ds online and 12 humans messing us up. Other times it goes the other way. There's nothing that can be done about it. Yes there are a lot of known mc df's right now, and apparently mc murderers about. There always have been...there's always been HoL stabbing people, and the Torit's of the world being annoying. No rule implemented by the IMMS can change this for the better without messing it up some other way. Just be encouraged Callesa, this too shall pass:) The ebbs and flows will balance eventually as they always have. Try to stay positive, and bring friends to trap the mc/df when they try to get ya.

faith

Post by faith » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:17 pm

Callessa you mention unknown MCs are a problem, but I don't particularly see why... they generally keep to themselves and don't bother others. Not all MCs are playing darkfriends or murderers. If people want to play MCs more power to them.

Callesa

Post by Callesa » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:35 am

faith wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:17 pm
Callessa you mention unknown MCs are a problem, but I don't particularly see why... they generally keep to themselves and don't bother others. Not all MCs are playing darkfriends or murderers. If people want to play MCs more power to them.
You misunderstand, which is normal, given the lively discussion: the issue is the accumulation of these types together on the who list:
known DF+known MC (for example Vannor)
unknown DF+known MC (was Xephiroth before becoming known DF, but already murdering the same way etc)
unknown DF+unknown but murdering MC (for example the one I will not tell due to the Dead Man rule, but who killed me too. He did it perfectly from the IC point of view)

I have no problem with those you mention, who just play and don't bother others and stick to the low profile. The issue are the "unknown DF" but already murderous MCs, those I talked about, when it seemed this thread really was misunderstood and getting too narrowed down

I would like to appreciate, however, the sense of fair play of some of the players of the DF MCs. For example the kind one (ooc kind, but IC a horrible DF of course), who kills me just once a day and doesn't really follow me around for more kills, and even leaves most eq and quest items. Especially my wilder alt (=without a fast attack weave) appreciates it!
zankou wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 11:52 am
Just be encouraged Callesa, this too shall pass:) The ebbs and flows will balance eventually as they always have. Try to stay positive, and bring friends to trap the mc/df when they try to get ya.

Thanks for all the encouragement both in the thread, but also in game. The fair play of some of the MCs really helped too, I like to really make a difference between the IC and OOC side.

The problem is really bringing friends to trap them, because I really play the most in the less populated times. Not much can be done about that.

plando

Post by plando » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:01 pm

Aloisa wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:05 pm
Known DF is bad for the game and it doesn't show that the people who manage to remort will make good remorts. The only conclusion I can come to is that Known is a way to make sure most DFs don't ever remort. The downside of that is it makes play less fun for people.

I'm a Red, most of these MCs don't want to fight me. Why not? They might lose, and that's counter productive when they have reduced rewards and loss of qps on death.

Get rid of Known, let people be bad remorts. All the bad DLs stop playing anyway
+1

zankou

Post by zankou » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:02 am

plando wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:01 pm
Aloisa wrote:
All the bad DLs stop playing anyway
+1

Not all of the bad dreadlords stop playing... :)

Ominas

Post by Ominas » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 am

zankou wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:02 am
plando wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:01 pm
Aloisa wrote:
All the bad DLs stop playing anyway
+1

Not all of the bad dreadlords stop playing... :)
For the record I don’t think you’re bad. You take risks and stay in low. That’s what you’re supposed to do. But it’s a high risk high reward style. I’ve seen you go into FD with low numbers many times. That’s admirable and good leadership. Keep it up. Just need to knock the rust off.

Aloisa is right as usual.

Ylsa

Post by Ylsa » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:10 am

firetruck this, I am thinking of giving up on the game. Today: I was just fine for three hours, horse hopping and running around doing stuff in many zones, where pk happens all the time. I finally gathered an abs set with moon dirks, to learn how to stabflee and spikeflee the smobs. Then I got without a horse south of Cairhien. Of all places, south of Cairhien. And Lisennet by accident (no, she was not locating me) ran past me and killed me. I am fed up with this. Yeah, she was kind enough to leave most of the stuff behind, including the herbs I had been gathering for a long time (I have a wisdom lore alt in Cairhien, with the rents, to alt and mix). But I got a reprac. How was I supposed to even get there?

Players
-------
Kashvi Singh - The Kaf Must Flow! [Wisdom]
Terminus the Lieutenant [Ever Victorious Army]
Orlin of Andor
Lady Lisennet Sedai of the Black Ajah |Sitter| (Known Darkfriend)
Lexi of Tarabon
Ylsa the Factor [Kandori Merchants' Guild]
Nefari of Murandy
Dyemond of Murandy
Jynx of the Malkieri Diaspora
Egun of Two Rivers
Elaine of Altara
Ezreal of Illian
12 players displayed.

I am fed up with this. I suck after 16 years. Both on Ylsa (at this alt, I simply try to avoid pk, it is meant for solo fun at the times of day without people), on Callesa I suck too but less (and I can even dare to pk on Callesa, I play her when people are around). Getting the Written Realm client with maps helped enormously (no wonder I always sucked, when I was without a map), the Mudlet is trash on my computer (would have to update every thing to get the new one that works). I am told "learn from the death". What am I to learn? That a wilder has no weave that can stand up to flame strike? I knew that. That I should not risk hagging? I knew it too, I had managed for hours and just made the first mistake in a zone, where people usually don't come looking for pk by chance.

I think of quitting again, mostly because of the chortlesnorfling darkfriends. I know all the advice you will give me. All about non hagging, I was just fine today for several hours, the first mistake in a low probability zone lead to death. About not carrying tons of heavy stuff but a merchant in a zone near shops is not surprising to carry stuff for sell. I know all about the stupid advice like "get a group and kill the DF", just look at the who list! A merchant, a wisdom, a seachan, and a statter will group up to kill a DF channeler! What a joke.

It's not the fault of the players of the DF, they are even ooc kind, not trying to screw me over on purpose, leaving stuff, etc. But why cannot we have some very cool goals for the top players, that do not require them to destroy the fun of others? I have no problem with dying in general. But this is really too much. I was looking forward to having fewer DFs around, some of the MCs were finally playing less as the toy was less new! But then we got Lisennet. And we will get another in a week and then again and again.

Honestly, after what happened on Eldrenia's quest, I am scared of mine, I will probably stay rank 6 forever, in spite of having the quest points. I suck as a player, what chances do I have, when some DF appears either due to my usual bad luck or on purpose? There was also an interesting point at the Eldrenia Master Quest thread, before it was locked: someone proposed that she should have gotten a better group. I was in that group, and I know damn well I am not a good pker. You know why I was there and not a top player instead of me? The time. Eldrenia was playing when I was playing. So, she picked from a Who list that was slightly better for pk than what I've just copy pasted from the game. I will probably have to play at 4am to get a group.

Ages ago, the game helped me enormously through a really rough period of my life, when the real life was full of dying, shouting, and loneliness. But today, in better times in RL (which however sucks in many ways too, escaping to games should be officially recommended), the game made me cry today. Which is stupid. I am supposedly an adult, and a game made me cry. Because a combination of bad luck and the DF system simply screws me far too often. Perhaps I should give up.

reil

Post by reil » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:38 am

I wouldn't think of it as giving up, but sometimes it is better to just step away. Honestly, this game is what it is - a game. If it's more frustrating than it is fun, it's not serving its purpose and you don't need more in the way of justification to step away. I think a lot of us feel a strange obligation to this game, but it's just not necessary and really skews some perspectives on what is or isn't acceptable.

Ylsa

Post by Ylsa » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:47 am

Well, it just feels weird that I should give up just because I play in a wrong time zone and because others get the only possible high end goals by damaging me. It is so fun to play in the night, with a better balanced who list, just not too practical.

iria

Post by iria » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:28 am

Aye seems like you could do with a break in that case, if nothing else limit your playtimes to evenings during weekends if you're able to play there and you find the wholist better around that time. Hope you work it out, but as Reil says its just a game, it should bring more enjoyment than misery :)