Bonded AS HP Draining

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Kilgore

Re: Bonded AS HP Draining

Post by Kilgore » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:28 am

I would likely be okay with the drain if it give an indication of their actual HPs or their warrior HPs in the combat prompt. Right now it's a bait to fight or chase Aes Sedai with no extra knowledge.

I don't think they need extra HPs. it would be fine to remove the SP malus. If you tied autorescue more to rescue practiced I think that would could be substantial and regulate the time it goes off that would be a huge nerf too.

isabel

Re: Bonded AS HP Draining

Post by isabel » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:54 am

i don't know that autorescue is a bonus. it the warder is abs especially it can be irritating - has happened before where you're fighting low, and if you spam for the abser you're just screwing them over.

more than that i think autorescue is one of those things - like drain - that promotes bad/lazy pk for the channeler.

also feel like an hp bump would make things unbalanced. i like that channie vs channie fights are pretty even. a 20 hp is a pretty big deal. heck i remember my accepted won against Rig (dreadlord) with 1 hp to spare when i was still 281 hps because imms hadn't gotten around to docking the 1 hp on that char.

at the same time, an hp bump would 100% be an incentive to bond. currently, wit the sp drain, the incentive to bond is so minimal. it's almsot better to bond someone inactiveish and play with another active bonded char than to play together.

here's my suggestion - the one thing that is irritating as a channeler is stabbers, so if bond gives you some % of stab protection that would be pretty huge and i think won't imbalance any regular pk. Alternate idea could be some kind of a small DB bump, similar to what DLs get - though whether we need more high DB chars or not is a different story.