NPC Compel mvs ?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Weir

Re: NPC Compel mvs ?

Post by Weir » Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:50 pm

I feel like you kind of missed the mark. It clearly isn't intended to bring trolloc moves into parity with horses, otherwise the noquit aspect would never be there. It seems like it was designed to be a way to move around more between places that weren't main cities, but I'm not sure it quite hit the mark there.

However, some of the stuff you say is just a bit silly. The mismatch between trolloc moves and humans on horses has always been touchy, but do you not understand just how insanely debilitating adding a noquit check to the ability to ride would be? All you would have to do would be bash someone's horse, make them dismount, and their ability to continue PK would be effectively non-existent.

There isn't supposed to be an even match between trollocs and people riding, but I do agree maybe that gap could be closed up a little bit. But you are talking about horsehopping like it is insanely common in most PK. It isn't. There aren't that many horse loads north of Fal Dara. The place it happens the most is down south, up north people tend to try to PK on a warhorse or better, because grays and wilds suck massively for extended combat.

I do agree the notice change seemed pretty unnecessary at this point in the game. It being as it was for so long made it notably harder for human stabbers than trolloc stabbers, which is unfair, but I feel like it could have come with a tweak up in moves regen to compensate.

Aureus

Re: NPC Compel mvs ?

Post by Aureus » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:20 pm

Yeah this is neither trying to match horse moves 1:1 nor compensate for the notice change. Purely a black flame comparison.