NPC Compel mvs ?

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Smoker

NPC Compel mvs ?

Post by Smoker » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:32 pm

I'm unsure what it was supposed to do but I didn't have any noquit or hadn't killed any npc's within a few minutes... was damn near 0 mvs when I got there and only got 100 mvs for 70hp... Is this how it is intended ?????

o HP:Healthy MV:Haggard >
grovel fade
You grovel before him.

o HP:Healthy MV:Haggard >
A hooded myrddraal gets a severed leg from a trolloc cookpot.
A hooded myrddraal gets a shattered arm from a trolloc cookpot.
A hooded myrddraal makes a gruesome meal of the cookpot.
Thin tendrils of darkness extend outward from a myrddraal's very being...
Your body is racked in pain as a myrddraal compels you to move further.
Ouch!

o HP:Hurt MV:Winded >
sc
You have ####### hit and 112(235) movement points.
You have scored 108503619 experience points and 134 quest points.
You need 1727315744 exp to level and 16 qp to rank.
You have amassed 18 Turn points to date.
This ranks you as Smoker the Contagious Stalker [Ghar'ghael 4] (Level 51).
You are standing.

Aureus

Re: NPC Compel mvs ?

Post by Aureus » Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:09 pm

Moved to players lounge since this is feedback and not a bug. I’ll keep an eye on the ratios

Smoker

Post by Smoker » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:15 am

Thanks for looking at it ! I honestly have no idea if this is how it's meant to be or not ratio wise.

langois

Post by langois » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:39 am

My troll rogue is losing 140ish hp for 140ish mvs.

Seems steep but I’ve used it a few times

Jaghut

Post by Jaghut » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:03 pm

I've used it a lot. I enjoy being able to move thru PVE scenarios, and helps getting to PK with more mvs than nothing around blight/blands/dusty. (Andor area at times as well)

Any chance a pot+fade can be added to Thakandar, Stronghold & Dark fortress? Not sure about blodfest, but that if its not there, that would be cool too:P

Zeeb

Post by Zeeb » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Can still use black flame between DS cities

Aureus

Post by Aureus » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:09 pm

I lowered the damage the compelling fade mobs do.

Also keep in mind it's not just the hooded fades -- most fade mobs stationed at a cookpot will compel (this was apparently not universally known).

Aureus

Post by Aureus » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:16 pm

The month's about up on this test and I need to decide whether to keep or revert. My impression is it's going well and having the intended effect, especially after I reduced the damage the fades do: more flexibility, more walking (and leaving tracks, triggering scouts, etc.). But I'd love to hear some more feedback from people using it actively or playing against those using it.

Stomper

Post by Stomper » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:19 pm

#threadhijack whaaa

Revert the notice change, it sucks.

Back to our previously scheduled agenda. Seems pretty decent here. Notice change makes me not want to play DS though. Which isn't a bad thing cause it was a headache for moves anyways.

Dimmu

Post by Dimmu » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:16 pm

So thoughts eh?

If the intention was to introduce parity to the Lightsides effective free moves, then you missed then mark. Trolloc mobility is only as good as the the amount of moves regained and as long as you don't have no quit it seems like a win. However PK awards you no quit, if you were not aware and thus renders the whole experiment moot.

For this change to be feasible, the parameters need to be radically adjusted;

1. Auto load the pots with limbs that refill on zone repop and reduce the number requierd - every pot I have checked has been empty barring Ruined Keep.
2. Remove the check for no quit - if the attempt is foster greater mobility during PK then increasing base moves and regen would be a far better option. Maybe make the moves regen mobol equate to quaffing a cider?
3. Add pots to any zone that loads horses - or remove/reduce the abundant horse loads that currently exist. Maybe then the DS can 'trolloc' hop across the world to.
4. If removing the no quit check is not an option, add a no quit check to the ability to ride(maybe governed by horse type/ride level) . If Trollocs are going to hampered by no quit, I'd like to see this reciprocated.
5. As Stomper noted, claiming a 25 year feature as 'bug' was not cool. Just give Trollocs proper 'free' notice instead.

DS in general has been getting progressively worse as a side to play with all the recent changes - just look at the wholist dominated by remorts(who can't use the pots) and rogues(who can just sneak off and hide). Gimmicky band-aid fixes are just that. Addressing the actual problems is the only viable action left, I hope.