Great Captains (and/or pkkudos)

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Faendar

Re: Great Captains (and/or pkkudos)

Post by Faendar » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:54 am

I like the idea - I think it would encourage more people to lead (or attempt to lead). I've been trying to lead more often because it seems there is often a need, and if I'm going to learn I might as well do while I learn.

I think it if the support is there it could really help because people like to be told they did a good job, especially by their peers and rewarding behavior gets more of the same behavior.

Count me in.

Vannor

Post by Vannor » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:56 am

Yeah I mean it's great in theory, I just can't see it being practical in application.

You could literally do this is a monthly player vote thread and then the person changes it to 'Great Captain' for that month.

Or is the idea for an extra qps revenue system? I don't really understand.

isabel

Post by isabel » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:58 am

Yeah, that's the barebones of the idea. Everyone can chip in whatever they like per month - coin, tokens, xp scalps, whatever people want to contribute. We can have a monthly RP story or song or something for them, something like a wikipedia profile eventually - give them a story/presence. It could be that for every month that you get the flag, you get 1 more paragraph to your tale.

Just spitballing here - can have a special narrate for when they log on, similar to the idea of mobs nodding for high RPkudos people except it would be PC / military officers who do that.

If we actually get a lot of coin collected (over a month this is), they could maybe use that for clan treasury stuff, like if they want to put a heron on their clan head or whatever - I mean they get more power to affect things potentially.

The real incentive though is just the possibility of more fun enjoyable pk, more often.

Helgi

Post by Helgi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:26 am

I like the idea of pk being better defined into battles....and less about getting easy kills(by ambushing lone low hp people in smobs...and such) to me the random fade/mob/ follower trolloc fading around from smob to smob looking to catch an easy kill has never been a pk dynamic, and should not be rewarded...if you are a top tier pker have some class and a bit of rp what would a leader of the dark ones forces really be doing going into a smobs to kill a lone light slider? that is not a pk.... Always seemed like bad rp from a fade, I could see a trolloc just mindlessly killing, but shouldn't fades be more strategic...if this would help to define the difference between strategic battle leaders....and random easy kill seekers I say I am about it...

plando

Post by plando » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:46 am

great idea!

1. it doesn't require the staff to lose any bandwidth

2. its player run

3. it sounds fun!

Davor

Post by Davor » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:08 am

Helgi wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:26 am
I like the idea of pk being better defined into battles....and less about getting easy kills(by ambushing lone low hp people in smobs...and such) to me the random fade/mob/ follower trolloc fading around from smob to smob looking to catch an easy kill has never been a pk dynamic, and should not be rewarded...if you are a top tier pker have some class and a bit of rp what would a leader of the dark ones forces really be doing going into a smobs to kill a lone light slider? that is not a pk.... Always seemed like bad rp from a fade, I could see a trolloc just mindlessly killing, but shouldn't fades be more strategic...if this would help to define the difference between strategic battle leaders....and random easy kill seekers I say I am about it...

Hey now!! You’re calling out the entire former chosen clan!!

I couldn’t agree with you more. I never understood the easy quick kills. Similar to why I don’t understand why people play time stab, flee stab, charge etc. or even 1v1 for me is boring af.

Shinobi is an idiot.

langois

Post by langois » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:51 pm

Davor wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:08 am

I couldn’t agree with you more. I never understood the easy quick kills. Similar to why I don’t understand why people play time stab, flee stab, charge etc. or even 1v1 for me is boring af.
You forgot Doorbush on your list

Weir

Post by Weir » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:56 pm

langois wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:51 pm
Davor wrote:

:lol:

Rig

Post by Rig » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:11 pm

Hi Davor

Davor

Post by Davor » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:51 pm

langois wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:51 pm
Davor wrote:

Ok. Correction. SOME people do deserve to be offed by some of the lamer mechanisms :) If only to show them the error of their ways so they can change and grow to become wholesome individuals.