Great Captains (and/or pkkudos)

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
isabel

Great Captains (and/or pkkudos)

Post by isabel » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:13 am

This is a proposal for creating a new goal for the top pkers - the title of Great Captain (with some associated perks). Entirely player-driven and player-managed.

Problem -

1) Often either 1) there's no pk or 2) there's garbage pk
2) People have less time to wait around , waste on stuupid stuff
3) We can't suddenly change people's skill level /how they play - they've been playing that way for years

Just like we wouldn't try to xp up to 51 with a walking staff,we must find a better Way.

Now some players are on the "i pk to see the tears and rage in my opponents eyes" team and "fun is when everybody is bored enough to suicide to me" and I respect that there is diversity in the world.

My suggestion is for the team that is about win or lose, ideal case is when everybody says WOW wotmud pk is great fun, I can't wait to play again!

The Solution: Great Captain flag/title, similar to the books

After you pk, you post 'pkkudos' for players/leaders that made you really like the pk, with some conditions.

1) Cannot pkkudos 1v1s, 2v2s, 1v2s, 1vs any number (it has to be bigger group pk)
2) If you outnumber opponent group by +4 you cannot pkkudos anyone on your side
3) Great captain pkkudos for a Great captain opponent counts for more than normal pkkudos
4) Have to include some reference to the pk/players so everybody can see and we know it's not bogus! (Eg: NOT THIS "Razhak posts pkkudos to Isabel she died to me 1000th time it was great fun :)"
THIS "Kryyg posts pkkudos to Ryzom U beat my 7 ds group with 3 ls group i forgot to post last 10 times it happened")
5) Each pker can only post up to 7 (arbitrary number at the moment) pkkudos per month - so you have to be selective.

By great captain I don't mean the best players, players who are great with solo pk outnumbered, or smobbing cityheads etc (that would be a completely separate topic). This is for players/characters who drive really fun and exciting and prolonged group pk. The only question you have to ask is - Was this pk super fun for me (NOT - did I get lots of gear, qps, etc etc)?

We can have this be entirely player driven (reflecting the way it might work in thebooks). At the end of the month, whoever has most pkkudos on either side (maybe 3-4 per side), will get to have that title Great Captain, AND get some player-generated perks (which we can all contribute to). Like we all want great pk, so I wouldn't mind keeping aside rares or w/e for monthly stuffs.Idk whatever else could be a reward. Like maybe the Great Captains have Glee-songs written in their honor. Tho honestly, more good pk is a return in itself :) I think there were some great ideas for Blademaster perks at one point, could be similar.

Razhak

Re: Great Captains (and/or pkkudos)

Post by Razhak » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:49 am

I see little use for this personally, as pk already generates enough revenues: qps, tps and equipment. The reason to instate RPkudos was mainly that RP did generate alot less revenue for the time invested by most people RPing, especially alot less qps. So RP kudoes in my mind were more meant to bridge the gap between the two modalities of Wotmud-play (being RP and PK, albeit in my mind those 2 were never mutually exclusive as they seem to be in other peoples minds).

Adding another venue to revenue from PK seems therefor superfluous. It also is going to be a major bone of contentment in theory.. because what is good PK? Who is going to PKkudo whom? What is a fair PKkudo? Who will judge it? I see many venues to conflict opening up here :P

isabel

Post by isabel » Sun Aug 22, 2021 9:01 am

PKkudos isn't from the head/intellect where we discuss and debate what is good pk.

It's from how you feel/ your experience - was your pk so much fun that you would want to pk against that leader/group next time? If yes, then you give them pkkudos.

About avenues favoring pk - the qps/tps/eq etc favours a certain kind of pk in many ways. This has potential to favour a different kind of (arguably a lot of fun) pk.

Elysia

Post by Elysia » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:11 pm

What you're suggesting isn't pkkudos, but a monthly changing pk equivalent of Roleplay Ranks. Considering those have to be tallied manually, and you're proposing having to tally all players who have been awarded, let's not.

Vilac

Post by Vilac » Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:15 pm

You can always just give the person your pk kudos and be on your merry way. Seems like a lot of extracurriculars for no reason. Then it will just turn into flaming and drivel.

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:40 pm

I think Razhak and Elysia miss the point of the post and didn't read it. Considering it says specifically player-driven

Razhak

Post by Razhak » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:11 pm

Someone still is going to have to tally the results every timeperiod, right? And check if no one got spammed pk kudos by his/her friends?

So even if players are awarding the pk kudos, an imm will still have to invest time and effort in the tallying

isabel

Post by isabel » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:24 pm

No - my suggestion was to post it openly. Like we have a thread and keep posting htere - so everyone can see if someone's faking stuff or reporting actual stuff. Easy to keep track because multiple eyes on it. And also if there's great pk, everyone can see and prob wil hop on/ not accordingly too.

Community-oriented thinking here!

Rig

Post by Rig » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:47 pm

Very good thinking Isabel.

tekela

Post by tekela » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:12 am

Good idea, Isabel -- I like that your idea seems to be entirely player-driven and literally asks for no Immortal support or bandwidth at any point. I don't know if the community is up for it, but it's a good thought and might encourage PK that gets more people involved.