DEFENCE

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Benito

Re: DEFENCE

Post by Benito » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:50 pm

Dimmu wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:33 pm
The outcome would of been, with almost certainty, extremely bad for DS. Beyond the fact it's easy to know exactly how many DS are on, Draz can zone sense, so sneaking in is pointless to. The odds were stacked so badly against us, renting was the obvious solution. Only the most suicidal trolloc would of even tried (I'm talking to you Faendar!). As I said earlier, it's not the doors that are the issue, it's the specific type of character and what it can do vs many mobs. A few token DS'ers won't alter that in any meaningful way.
This is such a static and self-defeating take. If you don't want Gaidin to multibash, try kick. Elites all over DS cities already do kick. Or you can split up groups, pick off separated people, retreat to channeling mobs, hagg people out chasing you. There's an endless list of possibilities, even if sometimes they don't work out.

Gaidin are super strong. Also, everyone I can think of (including myself) dies more on their Gaidin than on their other alts. The bonuses generally involve taking some sort of risk in order to be utilized correctly. In your version of things, there's no explanation for the many, many times that Warders die.

And you don't need to sneak into zones. When Warders have spawn, they don't know if they're up against one person or a group, and don't have reliable ways to find out without sending someone to go look. It's not all about gank groups catching people by surprise and spamming them in a smob.