Help creating a DARKSIDE content list

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Faendar

Re: Help creating a DARKSIDE content list

Post by Faendar » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:58 am

Oh that's good to know.

Giramael

Post by Giramael » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:11 am

Legends all of you. Keep them coming 🙂

Faendar

Post by Faendar » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:48 am

isabel wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:15 pm
Things I would like to know / found very useful on DS:

- where to make some quick money to mend eq save up for h/h weapons
- how to re-eq solo (lithe equivalent)
- which shops /cities for vials
- how much pick for LS gates
- jump exits in some of the main cities
- HTF TO DO YOU MANAGE MOVES AAUGH :P

also

- how much track for mounts? (i get 85 on ls, but here some say 2 pracs, some say 3 etc)
- how much search is good for most stuff i would need? how much search if i go raiding?
- if i have free pracs, what should i throw it in? sneak/rsneak? how much?
- what are the clan bonsues or w/e? what's the syntax/mob to use them?
- where can i get no locs?
- how many human blood flasks and vials shold i carry if i go raiding?

Making cash - see the post about dismember bodies I made a few up - I've made gazillions of gold off that since Razhak showed me, plus a chance for teas/vials/herbs.

WHAT: Getting re-eq'd
WHERE: Check the Battering Ram, 1e 1s of GK
DETAILS: Stuff is put there all the time, and I've almost always found gear in there when I need it, even if it's super basic. If there isn't any gear in there then you can find a club at warrior prac, or there is a long-handled axe hidden battlefield, north and west of keep. Use that weapon to kill a maze troll and get some basic abs (or ask if anyone will smob).

I don't think you'll have free pracs as a trolloc, depends on which class and what setup you're going for really but if you do have extra prac you won't have many.

I know you can get a no-loc at SH grocer which is where I get mine from when I get one. They might sell them in keep/tkd I just don't look there.

I generally speaking don't carry human blood with me when I go raiding - but I'm lazy to buy it is the main reason, and I try to at least have 1 vial on me. I won't carry more than 2-3 though, but that's because I die a lot and then they're just wasted.

Pounds

Post by Pounds » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:27 pm

byrg wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:03 pm
Pounds wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:33 pm
Giramael wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:46 am
Yeah perfect, stuff like this 🙂

If people could format it though, that would save a ton of time!

Eg
What? Send a scout to major human cities
Where? A Suspended Platform, above Thakandar.
Details? Send a draghkar to SCOUT the cities of Maradon, Fal Dara, Cairhien, Tar Valon, and Caemlyn.
What? Send a scout to find out where Blodfest's camp is located.
Where? A Dragkhar's Weyr (northeast corner of Thakan'dar).
Details? Say SCOUT FOR BLODFEST to find out where Blodfest's camp is located.

This is something that used to work for me. Maybe it is only for Trollocs now? I have not been able to get it to work (only tried on Myrddraal so far).
I've done it as a fade... i feel like it needs the word camp? "Scout for blodfest camp" perhaps?
Yes, that's it! I forgot the keyword, silly me.

Shiva

Post by Shiva » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:06 pm

Just to add to the re eq notes. There is a gho'blin trolloc mob south of Stronghold (in the area between worms smob and the entrance to SH) that loads a mattock and 73 abs.

Can be done by 1 - 2 players.

Shiva

Post by Shiva » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:26 pm

isabel wrote:
Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:15 pm
Things I would like to know / found very useful on DS:

- where to make some quick money to mend eq save up for h/h weapons
- how to re-eq solo (lithe equivalent)
- which shops /cities for vials
- how much pick for LS gates
- jump exits in some of the main cities
- HTF TO DO YOU MANAGE MOVES AAUGH :P

also

- how much track for mounts? (i get 85 on ls, but here some say 2 pracs, some say 3 etc)
- how much search is good for most stuff i would need? how much search if i go raiding?
- if i have free pracs, what should i throw it in? sneak/rsneak? how much?
- what are the clan bonsues or w/e? what's the syntax/mob to use them?
- where can i get no locs?
- how many human blood flasks and vials shold i carry if i go raiding?

Money

- Kill horses and wolves, scalp them and turn the scalps in to the dreadguard mobs found in cities for 1gc each.

- Kill the maze trollocs for trash equipment to sell at the DS shops, the grocers in TKD/DFORT accept almost any equipment sale other than weaponry, they load around 40 - 80 crowns on boot and occasionally refresh, sell the weapons at the various smiths in RK/TKD/SH/DFORT.

- Grab a friend and kill Deranged Ogier south of TKD, it can load a vial + 20 crowns or some variant of that.

- Grab a friend and kill Mother Grolm in the ruined city. She requires two keys one of which lies at the bottom of the worm den in the blight, inside of a skeleton. This key will get you into a room up behind the Spectral King in the Ruined City zone, that room loads another white key on the ground. Mother loads 20 crowns 100% and can load a male angreal which id say DLs will take and potentially gift you something for your trouble!

- As Faendar mentioned the body parts tasks that have been implemented are great too, I believe you can ask for HELP at the RK butcher for more details on that tasks.

Other than that, for rogues in particular there are some smobs which are ideal for making money from on darkside
- Shadow Master (blighted mountains)
- Beast Master ( waste sw of lockshear)
- Filthy Man (sw of stronghold)
- Winding Troopers (vials + 8gc per trooper)

Keep in mind also that DS generally has their smob potion loads buffed so make sure to hit everything.

Geoff

Post by Geoff » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:01 am

Shiva wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:26 pm

- As Faendar mentioned the body parts tasks that have been implemented are great too, I believe you can ask for HELP at the RK butcher for more details on that tasks.
'say TASKS' activates the mobol

Faendar

Post by Faendar » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:45 pm

@Giramael Do you want smob loads? Or just smob trains and what they load at the end?

Faendar

Post by Faendar » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:47 pm

WHAT: Bonuses for Clanned trollocs ranking at ranks 3/5/6/7

WHERE: 1n 1w of well

HOW: READ SIGN and it will give you instructions. say 'I have joined a clan' and it will start the mobol. There is a LONG wait so you have to be patient. When you reach ranks 3/5/6/7 go back and he will give you more rewards.

Giramael

Post by Giramael » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:24 am

Don't need smob loads, thanks Don't need end points/exact loads of any chain, the start point and brief overview is adequate to encourage discovery.