Discussion: Aes/Warder pairs

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Stanislav

Discussion: Aes/Warder pairs

Post by Stanislav » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:34 pm

We recently had to hot discussion about ways that would make bonded Aes less immortal, because their survivability is currently at absurd level.
Please, post your suggestions/ideas here.

My suggestions:
1) Make it so bond bonuses(all of them/some of them?) only work if both Aes and her Warder are in the same zone(room?).
2) Change drain ratio to 1:3.
3) Give some bonuses(may be extra sp/pracs?) to Aes to offset the nerf and remove SPS cost of bond.

That would obviously nerf Warders making them less of solo killing machines and more of guardians for Sedai.

Jestin

Re: Discussion: Aes/Warder pairs

Post by Jestin » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:22 pm

2 is all that is needed in my opinion, and remove sp penalty to give something back to the AS

Zarth

Post by Zarth » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:44 pm

Could try removing unlimited targetting too. I think that would help.

Rhahr

Post by Rhahr » Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:58 pm

zarth sucks

Davor

Post by Davor » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:29 pm

Targeted weave should be an additional 10sps cost. Weaving your engaged target is as it currently stands.

Drain was idiotic from day 1 and has no RP basis. Just give AS the warder regen.

tekela

Post by tekela » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:07 pm

Davor wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:29 pm
Drain was idiotic from day 1 and has no RP basis. Just give AS the warder regen.
Yeah, as long as the warder doesn't have it anymore. That would actually be pretty lit and pretty balanced with the 280 hp cap.

Detritus

Post by Detritus » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:32 am

Remove drain when not in room or remove drain completely if that's difficult to code.

It may be different for combo warders but 80% of the time when lose a fight I'm better off running away with 200hps for sedai to drain than i am to physically return to fight and try and actively buy escape time for Sedai.

Make autorescue take stab damage as well? Killing gaidin and collapsing sedai should be a good thing, rather than draining a few hps off gaidin when failing to blick sedai and then pair leaves to regen.

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:35 am

Make Tekela and Davor in charge of all changes is the only real change we need :twisted:

Thore

Post by Thore » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:02 am

Ew no! :D The RP! The RP!

My thoughts:
  • Remove current HP drain (huge Sedai nerf)
  • Allow Warders to drain Sedai (anywhere/in room, whatever's bookish, smaller Warder buff)
  • Leave, but balance, warder HP regen (small nerf, it gets them playing ABS for more EHP, yay anything that encouraged ABS)
  • Allow both to see HPs and MVs when typing where (very minor buff)
  • Remove Sedai SPS drain upon bond (medium to large buff depending on Ajah, 1-2 extra spikes right?)
  • Make more bonuses bound to both being online (even zone sense!! medium nerf, play a diff char if your Warder/Sedai isn't around, or find a new one who's active - will also diminish number of Tower chars in PK I'd think)
That ought to do it for now. Prob some other fun RP-only things you could imp.

Mhaliah

Post by Mhaliah » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:59 pm

If they change Sedai/ Warder balance you better expect a MTVGA hat.