Fleelag tier change

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Thore

Re: Fleelag tier change

Post by Thore » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:04 am

Pretty good, but will a stabber have incentive to stick around one bash from death vs me, a lowly warrior, 1v1? Honest question, because I'll stick around one stab from death and only flee and run after I'm low enough to melee chase me down and kill me which is easier against an ABSer.

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:13 am

Stabbers anyway can lose fleelag in zones like cara etc. Think it'll be interesting to see how it impacts things like Jestin fighting multiples in Caemlyn or Weir fighting multiples in Blight all of which require much fleeing.

Then stuff like flee hitting absers - in theory I think it sounds like it would benefit the abser, but flee hiting is usually at mobs, and that means the person doing the flee hitting can control the fleelag buildup.

This would definitely disproportionately affect people who are not able to walk after flee unless they get the d/line exit (eg: fleeing 1n from split, 1s from asaw etc) but that's not really been a concern here

The other big thing is that it benefits power groups that dont' need to flee vs more dynamic back and forth pk - I think it could actually slow down pk similar to how trolls have to stall to lose fleelag.

Lol and thinking about how channie fights would go. It is already pretty hard going up against a US player because you eat flame strike sometimes on the 2nd flee - fun to see how this will look now :lol:

Thore

Post by Thore » Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:53 pm

Worth testing IMO.

Taziar

Post by Taziar » Sat Jul 10, 2021 11:01 pm

Detritus wrote:
Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:22 am
What Adael said. It's a very good change for protracted fights where you can actualy potentially generate an advantage a little more each tick.

Reading Verne's explaination of this being bad for fleehitting smobs made me 1000% more in favor of this change. What she described should not be possible.

If i flee hit a smob it is the same as leveling on trees above your pay grade. I hit smob minion with flail, hit minions with flail when they assist, flee out before full combat round. Rinse repeat 5-6times until not fleeing before combat round, rest and wait for tick fleelag reduction then go again.

I'm guessing this change is bad for wvd projectile people.
Naw, will be fine. I can do this on Taziar just fine on the 12-15 flee lag tier.

Gretchen

Post by Gretchen » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:46 am

what this means is that players like me and fermin will stop trying to fight groups solo a lot faster and just walk away lose lose for everyone

Stanislav

Post by Stanislav » Tue Jul 13, 2021 5:35 am

It isn't a big loss for your opponent if you just leave instead of spamfleeing around for 3 hours. So yeah, you got robbed.

Gretchen

Post by Gretchen » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:06 am

no one has to chase anyone around for "3 hours" unless they want to and they do it caus its pk and it can be fun killing someone who loads nice and no one claimed they got robbed all it means is people will chose to leave a bit faster

Thore

Post by Thore » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:12 am

Gretchen wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:46 am
what this means is that players like me and fermin will stop trying to fight groups solo a lot faster and just walk away lose lose for everyone
As an FC I feel like you have a lot to combat this. If it means the rogue goes in before too long, then I say decent change.

Mhaliah

Post by Mhaliah » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:54 pm

Random. I thought they once "No quit" flag went away your flee lag would be automatically reduced to zero. Since that is a long period for PK it doesn't matter, but is that not true for npc no quit?

Stanislav

Post by Stanislav » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:12 pm

High wil chars seem to flee even better than before when it actually matters. Still flee 10+ times during tic or two and dont stay at place for more than a round.