Seriously - why does this dung happen

... sit down, kick back and relax, and talk about anything that doesn't belong on one of the other forums.
Ominas

Re: Seriously - why does this dung happen

Post by Ominas » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:17 am

Paladyr wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:48 pm
I am just catching up on this thread. I have already reported to Elysia and Vampa, and I wanted to report to the players, that I was the one who moved Dreadlord Jerioz to that room. I wasn't fully aware of the PK situation when I did it, and it was definitely not intended to have the effect it did. It was an error, and I apologize to the players who were negatively impacted.
Nah man you’ve always been a great imm. Stuff happens. Keep up the good work.

*Edit* Agree with Tekela on channelers, groups, and Lunal.
Last edited by Ominas on Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:45 am

Detritus wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:07 am
isabel wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:48 am
lol @ bambymud, i love it. Can we consider all of the following already said to keep focus on the main discussion.
What is the main discussion?

Started out as pure post death fine wine.

Are master quests supposed to be risk free?
The main discussion is about how certain things in the game are wizkilly (aka you walk in or they walk in and instantly kill you even from high hps) and that is bad for a game that is otherwise great as a strategy game.

I get that for you it's funny etc to randomly die, but for a lot of people to lose their kit/xp/time etc in such a random fashion detracts from the tension, stakes, investment in the game. At best, it equates to - don't go to xyz city or area, which is again no solution since it literally prohibits play there.

isabel

Post by isabel » Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:53 am

And I see Stanislav agrees with most of us :)
Stanislav wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 1:49 am
In most of cases SS and DS are lacking people to protect their cities. Thus having channie mob support really helps to make a stand against overwhelming odds, because regular patties/mobs are getting smashed easily and barely able to turn fight in your favour. But apparently there are few problems with that.

Roaming channie mobs are annoying/deadly for solo(low numbers) pk and frustrating for people who take risks and chase inside cities. They are also useless against city raids, because they die in few seconds to big groups. A good solution would be to remove all channeling mobs from streets and put them in a secret room and make city heads to callmob them in times of need. That would help protectors to make last stand at their city head while excluding channie mobs from regular pk.

On that note, oil and gate defenses are on the same level of stupidity as channeling mobs. But I guess this forum already has 100 threads with 100 pages each explaining the problem better than me.
This is pretty much (broadly - minus the 3 fireballs in a round kind of thing I would think) what everyone is saying as far as I can tell.

Stanislav

Post by Stanislav » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:02 am

Ominas wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:01 am
It matters in the current context because your posts, the first, and this one I’m quoting are worthless. They add nothing to the discussion. They are genuinely meaningless.

Sort of like putting a fade in your hands.

Now you can look at it as whining, if you want. Or you can recognize that even after all this time in the game your actual knowledge of how it works and operates is fairly small. This is not an insult. Unlike the rest. I just learned something from Jestin and Weir on the last page after all. There’s always room for improvement.

Since you brought up “safe mud,” Wouldn’t the removal of channeling mobs make the game less safe and thus be a good thing? By your logic I mean. It sounds like we’re at least partially in agreement.

Here’s how I see it and why I said you added nothing to this thread and gave you a hard time.

You’ve got some of the top pkers in the game posting in this thread. All saying similar things and for the most part being subjective. Along comes your derpy stabby fade self, wearing a paper crown with a sticky gold star that you put on yourself, wobbling too and fro on legs that barely work, waving a wooden sword. “This game is too easy! Stop changing things I don’t understand!”
Are you a local jester or something? Can't recognize who you are, but definately not one of people who I would take seriously. Your 'gave you a hard time' and laughable insults I merely take as a blabber, nothing more. As for top pkers being subjective, all I can see is an ls lobby doing 'lets nerf something on ds' regular stuff as always and newbs like you riding their tail on that. If you have something to tell me lets move to PMs or better to Borderlands to figure out how to solve your complex of a small man. No need for you to make fun of yourself on public, clown.

p.s. Stabby fade? Hah. May be another 200 years of playing this game will give you deeper insight into game mechanics and fade setups. May be not.

Draz

Post by Draz » Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:19 am

Master quests should entail risk.

The original post was a PDW saying there should be protocols in place for immortal driven mob support in pk scenarios.
Subsequently I retracted that as it wasn't clearly imm driven, but encouraged the discussion (and also had a whine/bitch at the people whining)

Paladyr bro - thanks for stepping up - DLJ is just rather powerful and the timing wasn't great, I shouldn't have gotten so hot.

Can confirm non-emote weaves are weather affected.
Also Ilsae has various weaves.

Thore

Post by Thore » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:53 pm

isabel wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:45 am
Detritus wrote:
isabel wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:48 am
lol @ bambymud, i love it. Can we consider all of the following already said to keep focus on the main discussion.

The main discussion is about how certain things in the game are wizkilly (aka you walk in or they walk in and instantly kill you even from high hps) and that is bad for a game that is otherwise great as a strategy game.

I get that for you it's funny etc to randomly die, but for a lot of people to lose their kit/xp/time etc in such a random fashion detracts from the tension, stakes, investment in the game. At best, it equates to - don't go to xyz city or area, which is again no solution since it literally prohibits play there.
We have static DTs in PK zones. What's wrong, inherently, with roaming DTs? Honest question. They aren't even 100% DT. Know their weaves and know the weather, like Ominas will now be doing.

Thore

Post by Thore » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:54 pm

Stanislav wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 4:02 am
Ominas wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:01 am
It matters in the current context because your posts, the first, and this one I’m quoting are worthless. They add nothing to the discussion. They are genuinely meaningless.

Sort of like putting a fade in your hands.

Now you can look at it as whining, if you want. Or you can recognize that even after all this time in the game your actual knowledge of how it works and operates is fairly small. This is not an insult. Unlike the rest. I just learned something from Jestin and Weir on the last page after all. There’s always room for improvement.

Since you brought up “safe mud,” Wouldn’t the removal of channeling mobs make the game less safe and thus be a good thing? By your logic I mean. It sounds like we’re at least partially in agreement.

Here’s how I see it and why I said you added nothing to this thread and gave you a hard time.

You’ve got some of the top pkers in the game posting in this thread. All saying similar things and for the most part being subjective. Along comes your derpy stabby fade self, wearing a paper crown with a sticky gold star that you put on yourself, wobbling too and fro on legs that barely work, waving a wooden sword. “This game is too easy! Stop changing things I don’t understand!”
Are you a local jester or something? Can't recognize who you are, but definately not one of people who I would take seriously. Your 'gave you a hard time' and laughable insults I merely take as a blabber, nothing more. As for top pkers being subjective, all I can see is an ls lobby doing 'lets nerf something on ds' regular stuff as always and newbs like you riding their tail on that. If you have something to tell me lets move to PMs or better to Borderlands to figure out how to solve your complex of a small man. No need for you to make fun of yourself on public, clown.

p.s. Stabby fade? Hah. May be another 200 years of playing this game will give you deeper insight into game mechanics and fade setups. May be not.
Wow. DS does, IMO, need it a bit harder. Right now they have a lot (game mechanics wise) going for them. What they don't have going for them I'll leave to PMs if anyone is interested.

iria

Post by iria » Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:50 am

Thore wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:53 pm
isabel wrote:
Detritus wrote:

We have static DTs in PK zones. What's wrong, inherently, with roaming DTs? Honest question. They aren't even 100% DT. Know their weaves and know the weather, like Ominas will now be doing.
Reading some of your posts, I'm starting to wonder if you've ever actually PK'd before or if you're perhaps just trolling us? If its the latter, then a job well done and I tip my hat to you good sir.

Thore

Post by Thore » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:42 am

iria wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:50 am
Thore wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:53 pm
isabel wrote:

Reading some of your posts, I'm starting to wonder if you've ever actually PK'd before or if you're perhaps just trolling us? If its the latter, then a job well done and I tip my hat to you good sir.
I'm not saying roaming DTs are great. We have the Ways, Machine Shin is a roaming DT. PS I am in your clan lol